Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Why The North Did Not Protest SARS Harassment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North Did Not Protest SARS Harassment (383 Views)

10 Christians, 4 Muslims: CAN Will Not Protest — MURIC / BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) / Sunday Dare Urges Naira Marley Not Protest, Says The Issue Is being Addressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The North Did Not Protest SARS Harassment by Sebastine1994(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2020
when two neighbors quarrel in northern Nigeria, they don't run to the police first, they run to the community leader, i have lived in virtually all part of northern Nigeria. you can't dare first report a quarrel to the police. the traditional ruler must first be notified or you will be chased out by the community.

in some area, the religious leaders will intercede, to settle a quarrel, this has made the power of the police very low, only on very serious case is the case taken to the station, especially when somebody stole a car from benue to sell in bauchi, the community head was first notified before anything happens in his community

but on the other hand, in southern nigeria especially igbo Land, they threaten each other with the weight of the law, when you have a small fight with your neighbor, you run to the police station to call dpo. when somebody hit your vehicle, you will want to call the IG.

we will continue making the police richer if we continue with this precedence, it's the same on the highway, police hardly collect bribe the way they collect in the west highway. the police cannot respect you until you respect yourself, you need to go through a police file, you would throw up especially in the Western part of nigeria, the most flimsy cases on Earth are filled and the east, husband and wife quarrel is not supposed to involve the police,

some people make police friends to intimidate people, you send 5000 recharge cards to police people when you only have 100 card on your phone, the police and military in northern Nigeria are not as rich as those in the south. I know of SARS police who are sad when they are posted to the north, are there no lawyers in Kano and other part of northern nigeria? charge and bail lawyers full Lagos and east but few are in the north, they are almost non existent,

I swear with my life that there are hardened criminals in the northern part of Nigeria, but their arrest is not reported in police file, they settle it in the presence of a waziri and shikina that is how it will end, but in the south they burn criminals. why don't they burn criminals in the north. we are making a mistake. every small thing you involve the police,

when a person graduate from Zaria Depot, he wants to intimidate his family enemies with his khaki,the soldiers enjoy and make good money in the south than north, you call mopol for any body who offends you, and those people would want to defend themselves too by making army friends.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Did Not Protest SARS Harassment by padi94(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2020
Okay cool, if they want sars to continue let it be in their region
Re: Why The North Did Not Protest SARS Harassment by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2020
What we all should have stand for is #EndPOLICEbrutality, not just #EndSARS, because from the onset, they said to us.
SARS will be reformed(2015),
restructured(2016),
reorganized (2017),
reformed(2018),
immediately disbanded(2019),
now dissolved(2020)...(who is fooling who?)

1 Like

Re: Why The North Did Not Protest SARS Harassment by Sebastine1994(m): 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2021
I have friends who have watched virtually all the movies I know, those who know almost all the movie stars in Hollywood and Bollywood and maybe
ok Nollywood.
some of them are so passionate about watching movies, they have joined fan clubs of their favorite idol.

How much Dem dey pay you? you are wasting your life watching movies all day, how can you pay your bills if you keep watching movies all day? these are some of the discouraging remarks,

HERE IS MY SOLUTION TO ALL THESE: we can be rewarde for watching movies too, imagine you write an exam for every movie you watch. I mean a quiz. let me use Abuja as a case study.

assuming I have 1000 friends in abuja. we would select a good movie and set 30 good questions from it.

then my 1000 friends simultaneously agree to sell 30 ticket for the exams each on a single day. that is 30,000 participants to the quiz.

the exam candidates are required to answer the 30 questions in 15 minutes. no multiple choice questions. the time should be limited to stop them from searching online or discussing.the exam would hold simultaneously for every venue in Abuja. we can use an open field for the exam, and facemask is required.

then immediately the first exam is finished a second exam should follow, more exams more money,

the exams will start by 3 o'clock or maybe four.

I will add more idea, questions are welcome.

this idea would generate very good income, keep the youths busy, even
Re: Why The North Did Not Protest SARS Harassment by Sebastine1994(m): 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
How long must this feeling go on.

I have made mistakes along my journey but I don't regret it. everyday

Salwa Canal

nobody will introduce you to others, write your business message for others.

let's solve big problems together.
the problems your business solve will attract more people to you.

so before you get to other places, your reputation will precede you

your advert will be super effective because word of mouth will back you up.

your legend precede you.

people just can't keep doing the same thing, everybody wants to do the same thing. forget the well beaten path and do something else.

people watch more movies than read books this days.

somebody once quipped that since he left school he has neither made a single Kobo from all the calculus he learnt while back in school.

people want to be rewarded for nothing these days, everybody seem to be doing theL
Re: Why The North Did Not Protest SARS Harassment by Sebastine1994(m): 6:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
call the footballers together in every town, tell them that since the government has refused to do it's duty as a leader we would take over. when the father of the house is irresponsible, his shoes are nearly filled by his first son, invite

(1) (Reply)

2021 Budget: Speaker Obasa Tells Lagosians What To Expect / #endsars Protesters Currently Shut Down Asaba/onitsha Expressway / The Armed Forces If Nigeria Warns Thugs Against Attacking Peaceful Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.