Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) (29096 Views)

EndSARS: Protesters Block Lekki-Ajah Expressway (Video) / I Go Waste 29 Bullet For Your Body - Police Officer To EndSARS Protesters / Bandits Block Lagos-Ibadan Road, Kidnap CMD’s Son, 2 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
BCISLTD:
angry pick another fight na...this fight is already won....make them no shoot una for disturbing the peace ooo

Are you guys following the developments of this Movement, and PoliceNG acts, at all??

What is won?
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by medolab90(m): 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
jojofola:
Nairaland no be am at all.
Imagine the comments from some insensitive folks on this forum.

Really really insensitive. They can't protest for change of our things are done and people who still have the courage to do are been criticize.We still have a long way to go in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by stacyadams: 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
BCISLTD:
angry pick another fight na...this fight is already won....make them no shoot una for disturbing the peace ooo
grin grin na that shoot those youth's dey actually wait for and naija govt sef know grin grin

International media sef dey wait for d shoot

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Oshokalo: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
sammy329:
I don't like the way FG is handling this situation, send in the military and disperse these HOODLUMS calling themselves protesters angry angry
u are a shame in our existence
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by LostAddict1: 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
ofiko123:
This people are taking this thing too far o...they should thread with caution..

This word thread with caution is what has kept us where we are now, and this we are saying no to and, and no to every other form of bad governance.

#Nigeria must be liberated

2 Likes

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by LostAddict1: 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
PaulH07:

The whole of Africa has been waiting for Naija to rise up.

Once Nigeria revolts, Africa would take over the world!!!

Exactly and once the revolution starts there is no going back until we have freed ourselves from the oppressor.

#Nigeria must be liberated

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by LostAddict1: 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
Brushstrokes20:
Enough of #EndSars

Let's move on to #ENDBADGOVERNANCE

One movement at a time after this we will head on to other issues pressing the nation until we are free from the oppressors.

#Nigeria must be free

2 Likes

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
dokie:
Is it possible for us to understand what is desired exactly?

Check the #5for5 demands. You'll understand what we want.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by LostAddict1: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
Kessythegeek:

They should dare!

Calm down and watch, we won't just dare we would conquer. Enough of bad governance in our country, enough of failed promises, and enough of the government producing that benefit only the ruling class. After this we would challenge every other vices disturbing the country, and there is nothing that will happen.

#Nigeria must be free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
LeeMason:

Your level of stupidity is inconclusive

I swear! The awareness level of (the average) Nairalanders is shocking!

See comments now. Look @ disparity here vs. Twitter. shocked And I started doubting what I know about this, if I've gotten things wrong.

E don be for who dey depend on Nairaland for information oh.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
LostAddict1:

Calm down and watch, we won't just dare we would conquer. Enough of bad governance in our country, enough of failed promises, and enough of the government producing that benefit only the ruling class. After this we would challenge every other vices disturbing the country, and there is nothing that will happen.

#Nigeria must be free

The ruling party vs. the youths - 2023. I'm here for this!!! grin cheesy
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Litmus: 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
kalvoken:

nairalanders,. Make una help me see trouble o. See as people take dey loose their life for something that doesn't not in any way concern them.

Dude has a point. You can’t have that 24/7 electricity power you all want without sacrifices. I guess you’re going to think, ‘you don’t mind paying your bills, but not when the bill is "too" high’. Unfortunately you’ll soon experience what I call the psychology of bills paying when Nigeria becomes a Nation that collects taxes properly and utilises those taxes to provide you all with appropriate services. You’ll find that no matter how small your bills are, if you have to pay them regularly, and a lifetime of this stretches ahead, you'll find that your bill will soon seem too high.

The dude is worried that now that you got your way with SARS, you all will want to protest about everything - in a sort of self-indulgent and entitled way - such as not wanting to pay for your utility bills, rent, tolls etc.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
CaseSensitive:

No APC or PDP vote come 2023 or else Nigerians will find themselves in this vicious circle again. Time to send this power grabbing, clueless ancestors packing.

this!!!

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by LostAddict1: 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

The ruling party vs. the youths - 2023. I'm here for this!!! grin cheesy

That's if we wouldn't even destroy them and chase them out of the country before then.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

I swear! The awareness level of (the average) Nairalanders is shocking!

See comments now. Look @ disparity here vs. Twitter. shocked And I started doubting what I know about this, if I've gotten things wrong.

E don be for who dey depend on Nairaland for information oh.

Twitter gives "woke" and "politically right" opinions, most of which does not mirror the reality outside the internet.

Nairaland gives you the raw and undiluted truth because of its anonymity.

For instance if a woman who wore miniskirt was sexually harrassed on the street , twitter would bring the narrative of "a rapist is a rapist no matter what the victim wears . Stop blaming the victim".

Nairaland will call her olosho , prostitute and tell her to dress decently next time.

Get to the streets across Nigeria and you will see that majority believe the Nairaland opinion (the opinion is wrong , btw). If majority believed the Twitter version in real life, the lady wouldn't be harassed in the first place.

If you doubt me check all the Presidential Aspirants like Jonathan and Atiku who floored and dominated Buhari during Twitter polls. They say no vote buying on Twitter, go to any polling unit on election morning and see young fresh guys with expensive phones lining up for 5k before they vote.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
Litmus:

Dude has a point. You can’t have that 24/7 electricity power you all want without sacrifices. I guess you’re going to think, ‘you don’t mind paying your bills, but not when the bill is "too" high’. Unfortunately you’ll soon experience what I call the psychology of bills paying when Nigeria becomes a Nation that collects taxes properly and utilises those taxes to provide you all with appropriate services. You’ll find that no matter how small your bills are, if you have to pay them regularly, and a lifetime of this stretches ahead, you'll find that your bill will soon seem too high.

The dude is worried that now that you got your way with SARS, you all will want to protest about everything - in a sort of self-indulgent and entitled way - such as not wanting to pay for your utility bills, rent, tolls etc.

Okay. And this is not a reason for why SARS mustn't go and to not protest against bad governance, you know?

And the bolded is a false fear that can only be fueled by a subscription to the "youths are lazy" mentality.

We do all these for ourselves! Do you know how many have left home to fend for themselves?? Bills won't seem exorbitant when there's adequate jobs to create multiple streams of income to create wealth to create a world economy. (With financial intelligence training and a paradigm shift in our collective behaviors. )Don't be 'realistically' cynical.

Because you think our efforts and protests will be concentrated on only police brutality and NEPA??

Nahh.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
ZeroAccess:
They call us lazy youths, that all we know how to do best is focus our energy on BBN. Now the monsters are out on the street and no more twitter cry.

On a lighter note, are you sure is just end sars naija is calling for. Cos the ig already ended that shit, at least on paper. Naija abeg speak up on other issues.

IGP... hmmmm... i guess PMB... has the final say... when he speaks then i will be satisfied...

I still feel this whole shit is audio... some mofos are there talking about water bill... next will be them... they still think is business as usual...

Hand must touch una!!!.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by modsfucker: 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
csn01:

Tell them to recruit base on merit not connection.

You don't know what you want. You are incoherent
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:

Twitter gives "woke" and "politically right" opinions, most of which does not mirror the reality outside the internet.

Nairaland gives you the raw and undiluted truth because of its anonymity.

For instance if a woman who wore miniskirt was sexually harrassed on the street , twitter would bring the narrative of "a rapist is a rapist no matter what the victim wears . Stop blaming the victim".

Nairaland will call her olosho , prostitute and tell her to dress decently next time.

Get to the streets across Nigeria and you will see that majority believe the Nairaland opinion (the opinion is wrong , btw). If majority believed the Twitter version in real life, the lady wouldn't be harassed in the first place.

If you doubt me check all the Presidential Aspirants like Jonathan and Atiku who floored and dominated Buhari during Twitter polls. They say no vote buying on Twitter, go to any polling unit on election morning and see young fresh guys with expensive phones lining up for 5k before they vote.

That is how it is. You said nothing but the truth and I agree.

We won't stop sharing, and talking and protesting about the right things, views, action until a lot of people get it (I know not everyone). There are those "woke" peeps on NL, and Twitter people are Nigerians.

I (deeply) believe the media is a strong agent of socialization, and the #EndSars social movement is a catalyst to a better Nigeria that'll reclaim her place as the giant of Africa once more. We'll get there.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

That is how it is. You said nothing but the truth and I agree.

We won't stop sharing, and talking and protesting about the right things, views, action until a lot of people get it (I know not everyone). There are those "woke" peeps on NL, and Twitter people are Nigerians.

I (deeply) believe the media is a strong agent of socialization, and the #EndSars social movement is a catalyst to a better Nigeria that'll reclaim her place as the giant of Africa once more. We'll get there.

At the bold ... You think?
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Osada2: 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
We spend almost an hour from MM2 to Airport toll gate.

Nigerians voice should be heard and listened to, #EndSars #EndPoliceBrutality
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Originalsly: 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
This one is serious...... really need more people.... and they should come prepared to battle Police. Whatever happens here..... would draw international attention.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:

ABSOLUTELY. :-D

In all truthfulness.

It's not about us being an Utopian state nor completely wiping out evil elements. Those will remain...

Just us having the standards, basic. Good roads, education. Improved standard of living, environments and health, etc.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:

Oh, and also a system with consequences for wrong actions.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

ABSOLUTELY. :-D

In all truthfulness.

It's not about us being an Utopian state nor completely wiping out evil elements. Those will remain...

Just us having the standards, basic. Good roads, education. Improved standard of living, environments and health, etc.

I doubt. I'm not in the mood to write a thesis so I won't explain further.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

I doubt.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:

I doubt. I'm not in the mood to write a thesis so I won't explain further.

Kay kay. And I'll stick to my high hopes.

Have a good day.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

I'll explain a bit.

The #endsars campaign was a success because it does not directly or indirectly affect the ruling class. The daughters of the number one and two citizens joined the protest.

The celebrities are afraid. How do you explain that two weeks Burna Boy was invited to protest against hike in prices and other wrong decisions of the Government but he couldn't and suddenly he pays for billboards for #endsars?
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Magnoliaa(f): 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:

I'll explain a bit.

The #endsars campaign was a success because it does not directly or indirectly affect the ruling class. The daughters of the number one and two citizens joined the protest.

The celebrities are afraid. How do you explain that two weeks Burna Boy was invited to protest against hike in prices and other wrong decisions of the Government but he couldn't and suddenly he pays for billboards for #endsars?

Okay, then. If it affect the masses, it'll be a success?

Good. A lot of things affect the masses directly and indirectly, so other subsequent campaigns will work.

Your second paragraph no follow.

I was expecting an historical, intellectually in-depth on archeological geographical postulations of analytical comparisons yabla yablo, and efrintin thesis or summary, sha.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Okay, then. If it affect the masses, it'll be a success?

Good. A lot of things affect the masses directly and indirectly, so other subsequent campaigns will work.

Your second paragraph no follow.

I was expecting an historical, intellectually in-depth on archeological geographical postulations of analytical comparisons yabla yablo, and efrintin thesis or summary, sha.

Lol , I didn't write my thesis. Not today.

My second paragraph was to show you that the celebrities joined a less risky protest because they were afraid of losing fans not because they are brave enough to stand with Nigerians in the future.
Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by ojex004: 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
[quote author=Shellsploit post=94862608]Wheres is SARS on the beat...
Patiently waiting to join Okearo protesters

when and where make we start own own protest na grin[quote author=Shellsploit post=94862608]Wheres is SARS on the beat...
Patiently waiting to join Okearo protesters

when and where make we start own own protest na

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Protesters Block Lagos Airport Tollgate (video) by Shellsploit: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
[quote author=ojex004 post=94869837][/quote]

Na u go lead the protesters, me go dey follow for back with megaphone grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kosisochukwu Anioma: Kidnappers Kidnap Frank Anioma's Daughter In Enugu / Assorted And Smuggled Items Seized By the Custom Service Recently (photos) / We Were Blocked From Escaping After Vicious Mob Attack - Nigerians In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.