Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud (29150 Views)

EFCC Docks “Adeherself” For Possession Of Fraudulent Documents / Alleged Fraud: EFCC Re-Arraigns Mompha On Amended Charges / EFCC Re-Arraigns Fugitive Yahoo Boy In Ilorin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Islie: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday re-arraigned a social media influencer and comedienne, Adedamola Adewale alias Adeherself, for alleged of N7.9 million internet fraud.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Adewale was charged alongside two others at large, on a three-count charge of conspiracy to obtain money by false pretences, attempt to obtain money by false pretences and retention of proceeds of a criminal conduct.

She, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge before Justice Mojisola Dada of an Ikeja Special Offences Court.

EFCC counsel, Mr Samuel Daji, informed the court that the case was re-assigned, and urged it to remand the defendant pending commencement of trial.

Daji argued that the case was new before the court and there was need for proper bail application by defence.

He said: “My lord, this case was heard before Justice Sherifat Solebo before she retired, and when it was transferred to this honourable court, I informed my learned friend that the case would be coming up on Jan. 25.

“He said he thought it was the day before.

“This is a matter that is starting afresh before your lordship, and we do not know if the sureties, who stood for her earlier, are dead or not.

“It is proper for defence to apply afresh for bail before your lordship.”

Defence counsel, Mr Kassim Molade, however, prayed the court to retain the bail granted by Solebo to the defendant, pending filing of a new bail application.

According to Molade, the defendant has not been absent from court and is ready to make herself available for trial.

“We passionately urge your lordship to allow the defendant to continue to enjoy the bail given to her by the sister court.

“The reason we were not here on Jan. 25 is that prosecution did not get back to me.

“I assure your lordship that before the close of today, I will rush to the sister court to get a copy on the ruling on the bail application,” he said.

The judge consequently retained the bail granted to the defendant by Solebo pending filing of a new bail application by defence counsel.

Dada also ordered the defendant to present her bank statement of account within three weeks.

She held that failure to do so would make the court to order her remand.

The EFCC alleges that the defendant with two others, Lasisi Adeleke and Sodiq Adeleke, still at large, with intent to defraud, attempted to obtain $6, 000 from one Mr Joseph Rumoro on the pretext that the money was meant for procurement of his passport and visa as well as tax payment.

The commission also alleges that Adewale retained in her bank account, proceeds of cybercrime to the tune of N7.9 million.

The alleged offences contravene Sections 8(a) and 1(3), 8(b) and 1(3) and 17 (a) and (b) of the Advance Fee Fraud and other Fraud Related Offences, 2006.

The case has been adjourned until April 18 for commencement of trial.

(NAN)

https://thenationonlineng.net/efcc-re-arraigns-social-media-influencer-adeherself-for-alleged-internet-fraud/

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Badabada(m): 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
Na wa ooo, so na dis one b d problem of Nigeria now? Y not use this same strength to go after the big polithieftians.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by dawnomike(m): 8:02pm On Feb 08, 2023
If she's innocent, i pay she gets off the hook

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by NothingDoMe: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hmmm. More details needed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by atdscentofwater: 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by SenatePresdo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
What I want to stand here and tell you today is that;

His Excellency, Mr Peter Gregory Obi is the next president of Nigeria.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Houseofglam7(f): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hmmmmmmm
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Honourable1901(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2023
Shebi she say she be picker. Abi I no understand o

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Basicend: 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
How much be 7m naira now that u will be staining ur name and that of your family for ever. . This people self. . Fish brain.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by SolomonGrundy: 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
So na fraud dey bank roll this babe undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Wisedove(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
This is the second time she’s having issues with EFCC I guess her account is receiving fraudulent payments as a picko

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by OLDesign1(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
all social media influencer are into fraud one way or the order, know this know peace

26 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by dapsoneh: 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2023
She has gone back since the dough isn't coming from Lawyer Kunle again
Wo to see fun e ni

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by drmorphine(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Adebendel replica
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by ibtommy(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Shiorr
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by visaclick: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Such a cute girl, they should spare jare and arrest the bank managers having empty atms but over 250m in their vaults.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by RedChiefPriest: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Pretty face ugly attitude
Sentence her accordingly
Nothing more disgusting than a scammer pretending to be earning legally.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Skit makers Na yahoo boys wey Funny. Change my mind.

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by bigcasava1(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
EFCC is indeed useless

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Kharol1234: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
How many times them they catch this girl

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by aylagos(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
God will help us all

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Searchingvictor: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hm.

Lend me 10k till month end please
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
No wonder she is Batified
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by bigdammyj: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2023
Noted.
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by loadedvibes: 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
I knew this was gonna happen.. when she was ranting on that podcast last week.. she made efcc remember her

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by lorenzobanks(m): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
Most of this so called comedians are into fraud. You would see them with 500k followers on all social media handles with lesser views to their skits. Yet, they celebrate houses that worth millions. Even, Shaggi doesn't do such.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by Bosenan: 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
d
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2023
So this case still dey alive
Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by sofiscatedmoron: 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2023
grin
Na Dem , afonja and crime

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-arraigns Social Media Influencer, Adeherself, For Alleged Internet Fraud by McLizbae: 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
Make them free this girl jor!! How this level go take sort Nigeria out of this Buharized mess?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senegalese Woman With Cocaine Hidden In Her Private Part Arrested At Seme Border / Imam, Family Members Burnt To Death As Boko Haram Attack Borno / See Robbers That Killed Policeman & Civil Defence Officer Arrested By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.