Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session (20422 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / [BREAKING] Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session / ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by g4gerald: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
CountryTireMan:
They want to send protesters back to school.

#EndSARS
Thats wen the protest wud even be more effective. That way, they won't nid to luk for youths
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by enemyofprogress: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
FG 1-0 ASUU

The game plan is to open schools so as to allow students to be more organized and united in carrying out protests. If you know you know

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by dFroshie(m): 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
zikter:
ASUU is about the only Union that cannot be intimidated by government. Irrespective of protests ASUU will not resume. At last FG will still bend to their demands, most especially as the IPPIS is already a mess

Thats what am trying to say, that the Nigeria govt. will find a lasting solution to the IPPIS of a thing with ASUU so as to student can get of the street

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by flyingpig: 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
AlphaStorm:

YOU ARE WRONG. FG wants to settle ASUU as a decoy to disband the #EndSars protests.
If ASUU resumes, Schools will Open and students will go back to school.
And they'll be busy writing uncompleted tests and exams, hence distracted from protests. grin

5 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by tot(f): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
Lawsimon:
A strategic meeting to kill the #SARSMUSTEND movement.

By taking University students off the streets, the protest will die naturally

You may not understand

This is the chance for ASUU to leverage on this advantage they happen to have and squeeze out the required commitments from the govt.
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by jericco1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
Dreamliner787:

Lol.. what do you mean? grin

They know what I mean wink
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by alabi484(m): 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
muykem:
Why is ASUU afraid IPPS? I don't just understand. Can somebody please explain their position.

They say it limits them to being paid once of which many of them have other lecturing jobs in other universities as consultants and visiting lecturers, ippis will not enable them receive payment from those other institutions.
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by enemyofprogress: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:
Please they should resolve it.
Tired of seeing students that ought to have graduated this year still roaming the streets.
you get job for us when we graduate? Abeg me I prefer this protest to going back to school o, moreover I have even forgottened all the things they thought us befour the strike

#endeducation

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by xikingata(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
#EndASUUStrike
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by jericco1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
enemyofprogress:
you get job for us when we graduate? Abeg me I prefer this protest to going back to school o, moreover I have even forgottened all the things they thought us befour the strike

#endeducation

I don't know why you guys think there's no job in the country.
It is really annoying.

4 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by enemyofprogress: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:

I don't know why you guys think there's no job in the country.
It is really annoying.
job dey true true. Na we no wan work abi? Shioor

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by olagoke29970: 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
Why do they always close window whenever they are holding briefing? why can't they leave it doors for onceI yum not understanding
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by jericco1(m): 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
enemyofprogress:
job dey true true. Na we no wan work abi? Shioor
My brother there are jobs out there if only you're qualified.

3 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by zikter(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
muykem:
Why is ASUU afraid IPPS? I don't just understand. Can somebody please explain their position.
Ask SSANU, NASU, PENGASSAN etc who are protesting to be out. The system is a mess and does not take into cognizant, some allowances like sabbatical that are unique to the university system. Nothing that our government wants to do that they will do it right. I side with ASUU on this, let them be on strike for as long as our government is ready to improve public education system. Mind you, the strike was started due to a series of breach of MoU signed between ASUU and FG. IPPIS is just adding salt to injury

4 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by lawrenzooo: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sirmwill:
ASUU knows that they can be ended like SARS if all students should decide to run mad small... grin

#EndASUU... cheesy
When ASUU is ended, guess what our tertiary institutions would look like? It would look like those government primary schools LGEA

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by lawrenzooo: 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
dFroshie:

Thats what am trying to say, that the Nigeria govt. will find a lasting solution to the IPPIS of a thing with ASUU so as to student can get of the street
ASUU strike has never been about IPPIS. So why are we shouting IPPIS?

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by Dreamliner787(m): 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:

They know what I mean wink

Lol.. I personally actually do.

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by Dreamliner787(m): 6:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
anochuko01:

but government want yall to get very busy cheesy cheesy
thats the tactics on ground now grin

Lol.. Exactly.. mke we just resume Abeg.. I don't want to move on with life completely.. sad
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by Judolisco(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sirmwill:
ASUU knows that they can be ended like SARS if all students should decide to run mad small... grin

#EndASUU... cheesy
nope federal government knows that if they end ASUU strike protesters will go back to sch... Fsars protest can lead to something else
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by LoveThemChubby(m): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sirmwill:

#EndASUU... cheesy
That only exists in your mind, that of Ngige and the ministers of education. Lecturers are not market women or produce suppliers that you can just push aside abd easily replace.
Do you know the requirements for accrediting a course in any university? If we lay off all the lecturers now, how many holders of doctorate degrees do we have that can be used to replace them?
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by LoveThemChubby(m): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2020
lawrenzooo:

I am sincerely tired of having to explain this fact over and over again.
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by zikter(m): 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
lawrenzooo:

I wonder o. People easily forgets that ASUU went on strike before IPPIS issue came up.

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by uk10(m): 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
g4gerald:

Thats wen the protest wud even be more effective. That way, they won't nid to luk for youths
exactly
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by uk10(m): 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Judolisco:
nope federal government knows that if they end ASUU strike protesters will go back to sch... Fsars protest can lead to something else
as in especially those whose parents refuse to let them join

1 Like

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by loko50(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
lagusboyyy:
The LEADERS and the FOLLOWERS are all the same.

Most don't have the power yet, that is why they are complaining, when given the means, most are wicked than those in government.

ASUU should f**k off with all these senseless close door meetings, they are even worse than the government.

Wicked set of people.

I guess your CGPA must be very low. ASUU is not your problem
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by SILVERLINES: 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sirmwill:

#EndASUU... cheesy
my brother just pray that both parties come to agreement.
It's impossible for federal government to outsmart ASUU, infact the day Nigerian government will try it will be the day university education will crash in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by salt1: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2020
enemyofprogress:

#endeducation

Endeducation# and leave illiteracy and ignorance!
I've been laughing
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by Sunflawa(m): 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
Meeting ended in deadlock as usual
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by sinkhole: 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
They never finish the meeting? angry
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by Sunflawa(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
Just saw it now on their Twitter page
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by khingTony(m): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sunflawa:
Just saw it now on their Twitter page
Whose twitter page?
Re: Strike: ASUU, Senate Leadership In Closed Door Session by sinkhole: 7:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Sunflawa:
Meeting ended in deadlock as usual
I think so o, considering the report here

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/12/lawan-calls-for-end-to-ASUU-strike/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Prepare And Pass Post UTME In One Week / Akeredolu Orders Recitation Of Oodua Anthem In Schools / Uniben- Postgraduate School Fees For Each Faculties And Application Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.