Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Nigerian Youths: The Culture Of Silence We Inherited But Shook Off - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Youths: The Culture Of Silence We Inherited But Shook Off (187 Views)

The Interesting Culture Of The Xingu Tribe In Brazil (PHOTOS) / Youths: The Only Hope Nigeria Has Today! / Youths; The Future Of Nigeria??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths: The Culture Of Silence We Inherited But Shook Off by Redcheetah: 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2020
Over the past few days, the hashtag #EndSARS took off as Nigerian youths took to the streets to protest the brutal actions of the Special

I like many other people took to the literal streets of our cities and the virtual streets of social media (especially twitter) to protest the injustices we have faced. About 70% of Nigerian youths have had an unpleasant encounter with the evil thieving operatives that are meant to protect us.

I am a 24 year old girl that freelances for a tech company so I sometimes go home late. I have been accosted by SARS multiple times for just owning and laptop, being lightskinned and thick. The first time, they accused me of being a Yahoo girl because I had a laptop on me. How do you explain to an illiterate that you create content for a gaming company? “We will rape you and kill you and nothing will happen” That officer said it to my face and I knew he could get away with it. I have been called an Ashewo (prostitute), a runs girl and all manner of degrading names.

READ MORE

https://redcheetahnews.com/nigerian-youths-the-culture-of-silence-we-inherited-but-shook-off/

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: Investigate Every Alert Sars Got Illegally Through Pos; Pastor Humble / Allnews Wrap-up: Latest Nigeria News Headlines For Today, Wed, Oct 21st, 2020 / Genevieve Nnaji Mocks Trump As Biden Is Elected US President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.