Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. (2102 Views)

Breaking: Fulani Men Who Kidnapped Methodist Bishop In Abia Arrested Pics / Breaking!!! Fulani Herdsmen Attack Ebonyi State, Kill 15 (Graphic Photos, Video) / BREAKING! Fulani Herdsmen Block Benin-ore Road In Edo State, Travelers Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. by LegendHero(m): 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Legendhero,
I take God beg you, talk to your people. I notice here in nairaland you are one of those yoruba people listen to. Which person will see something like this and not be moved with grief? My people are in grievance. What you see in this picture, this is our story everyday. Not all make it to media. In the hands of security forces and northern elements this is our experience. Tell your people Ndigbo need their help. Its simple. We are not asking for yoruba to intervene and lead our struggle, we just would like that yoruba stop attacking us online. Thats all. It is too much to face enemies in our forests, our farmlands, our streets and markets and also have to deal with yoruba online. Like Goerge Floyd became a rallying point for change in America, we should these three lifeless beings a rallying point for yoruba to recognize our suffering and back off, Igbo Lives Matter. Abeg you brother, talk to your people. Many people have questioned why SE did not protest endsars. We suffer more than just sars and when we protest more of us are murdered, our women are rounded up and thrown into jail for speaking against brutal injustice. I look at these victims on the ground and my heart cries. This is sad. May their souls rest in peace.

I get the drift bro. Although I am just an average Nairalander and I don't think I have a say on how any Yoruba on Nairaland should act or talk.

However, what you said is right. We are all having the same issue from SE to SS to SW. These Fulani herdsmen and SARS are a menace we both have to deal with, tho the magnitude of these things differ by geopolitical zone just like you said.

About Nairaland and peace between us, I think that is difficult to achieve due to the fact that this is a faceless forum. There are lot of people disguising as tribes they are not. A moniker can pretend like an Igbo to insult the Yorubas while a moniker can pretend as Yoruba to insult an Igbo. All these will always lead to a chain of abuse and the cycle continues on and on.

Although the tribalism is thesame on Facebook, Intstagram, and Twitter. It is evident that we are not that united as Nigerians and the crack is always visible unless we just want to pretend everything is right.

However the best approach (I can think of for now) is to fight alongside for issues that affect us both, after achieving the goals, then we can all go back to fight separately for issues that pertain to each ethnic divide. Fortunately, there are lot of issues that affect us both.

The advantage of the above is that it is very easy to fight side by side for a common goal, even among sworn enemies. Also, it will get to a stage where we will see that those problems we thought wasn't our tribe's issue are actually our problem too, just that we failed to see it initially because we never opened our hearts to understand the other divide coz of the animosity.

The victims of the herdsmen on this thread touch me, the first thing I imagined was "What if those people are my parents, I can't imagine the sorrow that would have engulfed my heart".

We should all come together strongly as one to solve these issues that affect us just like we are standing side by side with this SARS menace.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. by NaijirianKing: 11:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. by totit: 1:54am On Oct 13, 2020
NaijirianKing:
It's not about god giving vengeance, it's about the community doing what is needed to keep their life's, liberty, and property safe. A word is enough for the wise.

Yes. But I have the right to choose my choice of words to air my grievance just like you do.

Don't I?
Re: Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. by Ikinternational: 2:17am On Oct 13, 2020
totit:

Honestly, from the bottom of my heart I say, God will punish the wicked herdsmen or whoever is behind this wickedness. Pregnant woman for crying out loud? Wft!

This country has lost its pride and the essence of her humility. Wft!

God will not do anything. Let's not even begin to pretend. For whatever reason, this issue is not taken seriously by Nigerian government.

In modern countries, cows don't roam the streets
Such a simple concept, yet impossible to enact in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. by amarachi06(f): 3:55am On Oct 13, 2020
Freestainworld:
God divide this country, so that we can develop on our own regionally.

l shared tears reading this. how can a human being do this to another? oh! I guess right. They are wicked, heartless, and vile beings, who penetrated our society in guise of rearing cattle.
Re: Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:36am On Oct 13, 2020
LegendHero:

I get the drift bro. Although I am just an average Nairalander and I don't think I have a say on how any Yoruba on Nairaland should act or talk.

However, what you said is right. We are all having the same issue from SE to SS to SW. These Fulani herdsmen and SARS are a menace we both have to deal with, tho the magnitude of these things differ by geopolitical zone just like you said.

About Nairaland and peace between us, I think that is difficult to achieve due to the fact that this is a faceless forum. There are lot of people disguising as tribes they are not. A moniker can pretend like an Igbo to insult the Yorubas while a moniker can pretend as Yoruba to insult an Igbo. All these will always lead to a chain of abuse and the cycle continues on and on.

Although the tribalism is thesame on Facebook, Intstagram, and Twitter. It is evident that we are not that united as Nigerians and the crack is always visible unless we just want to pretend everything is right.

However the best approach (I can think of for now) is to fight alongside for issues that affect us both, after achieving the goals, then we can all go back to fight separately for issues that pertain to each ethnic divide. Fortunately, there are lot of issues that affect us both.

The advantage of the above is that it is very easy to fight side by side for a common goal, even among sworn enemies. Also, it will get to a stage where we will see that those problems we thought wasn't our tribe's issue are actually our problem too, just that we failed to see it initially because we never opened our hearts to understand the other divide coz of the animosity.

The victims of the herdsmen on this thread touch me, the first thing I imagined was "What if those people are my parents, I can't imagine the sorrow that would have engulfed my heart".

We should all come together strongly as one to solve these issues that affect us just like we are standing side by side with this SARS menace.

You said it best! I have nothing to add or take away. Your statement, if it was a thread by itself should go on front page and stuck on top for all to read and reflect.

God bless you and your entire loved ones!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. by kayusely70(m): 5:02am On Oct 13, 2020
This Is Sad!
Re: Breaking!!fulani Herdsmen Kill Husband And Wife, Afikpo Ebonyi State. by Iceberg3: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
totit:

Sorry to disappoint you, I ain't here to please anyone especially on this platform filled with crazy lots. And be noted that, by all means, I shall defend my tribe and stand for what I believe is of benefit to me and my people.

But in this case( OP ) at hand, we are all humans and God creation first before tribe and race and the news is sad.

I repeat, I ain't here to please you nor anybody but I have the right to air my opinion and being human, I detest what's happening in the country especially the issue of the herdmen to mention but few.

Baba mo ti gbo o....it's good to finally start speaking........even with style. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yorubas Should Act Fast Before People Begins To Leave / Breaking: IPOB Militants Leader Killed, Other Arrested(Graphic) / How Do I Get To Murtala Mohammed Domestic Airport From Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.