Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? (4886 Views)

My Visit To Second Niger Bridge Site Onitsha Anambra State-photos / Lauretta Onochie Shares Aerial View Pictures Of Second Niger Bridge. (pictures) / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by AsomughaChuks02: 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
I just passed through the first Niger bridge in Onitsha and got a good look at the second Niger bridge in construction but noticed sadly that its pillars are not even in height. They descend sharply in height when coming from the Onitsha end and are quite low at the Asaba end. I haven't seen this kind of awkward design in bridge construction before. Is this a deliberate attempt to sabotage and delay the project with faulty construction or is it to deliberately make it more difficult for Onitsha bound commuters to climb the bridge with its rising gradient? Engineers in the house should answer please.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Imortal001: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
Oya engineers over to you!
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by emae009(m): 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Curved shapes offer more structural rigidity and strength than flat out surfaces.
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2020
IPOB people have come here with their animalistic thinking. How is the design enabling sabotage? You guys will leave your brain behind while following the albino fool you call leader and then you start constituting nuisance outside.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by AsomughaChuks02: 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
emae009:
Curved shapes offer more structural rigidity and strength than flat out surfaces.
Thanks but the bridge isn't curved like you imply but it slopes down like a right angle.
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by emae009(m): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:
Thanks but the bridge isn't curved like you imply but it slopes down like a right angle.

Did you snap it... Because long bridges are usually sloped at both ends so the midsection can be arched to improved its rigidity

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by AsomughaChuks02: 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
emae009:

Did you snap it... Because long bridges are usually sloped at both ends so the midsection can be arched to improved its rigidity
I understand you but this bridge isn't like that. The pillars are very high near the Onitsha shore but surprisingly very low near the Asaba shore. The pillars at the Onitsha shore are much higher than those at the middle of the bridge. Normal bridges like you wrote would have higher pillars at the middle and slightly lower pillars at both ends to give it the standard curvature but not this second Niger bridge.

**I couldn't snap it as I was driving**
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by BabbanBura(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:
I understand you but this bridge isn't like that. The pillars are very high near the Onitsha shore but surprisingly very low near the Asaba shore. The pillars at the Onitsha shore are much higher than those at the middle of the bridge. Normal bridges like you wrote would have higher pillars at the middle and slightly lower pillars at both ends to give it the standard curvature but not this second Niger bridge.

Nigerians won't cease to amaze me. Have you seen the full design of the bridge?

I strongly believe that the bridge continous as a flyover for a reasonable distance beyond the shores in order to attain smooth and fast evacuation of traffic and distribution of same. As such you wont expect it to ramp down so quickly near shore.
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by hammerP: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
WE HAVE BEEN TELLING DEM FOR YEARS, BUT THE WICKED AFONJA AND ABOKI HOLDING GOVERENMENT WANT SE PEOPLE TO DIE IN THOUSANDS FIRST.

THE CALLS HAVE BEEN FALLING ON DEAF EARS.

SINCE 2015, WE HAVE BEEN CALLING DAT THE BRIDGE NOW SHAKES, BEFORE THEY STARTED THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE IN A RUSH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QykzArA6T4
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
Ipob miscreants.
I wonder what is si special about the short span bridge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Miracle2020: 8:47pm On Oct 12, 2020
Which second niger bridge? The one gej commission before he leaves office?

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by MJluv(f): 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
Mr do you know the company constructing that bridge?

Instead of crying wolf and whipping up unwarranted sentiments, why not wait till you see the finished product? Then you can have a case, if actually you have a case.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Okoroawusa: 9:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
Na wa for some people Sha!
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by bolinjkezzy(m): 6:54am On Oct 13, 2020
You should have taken a pics that we will understand what you are talking and if you get to see bridge while driving and you concluded there is something wrong with it, that ain't it.
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by theenchanter: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:
IPOB people have come here with their animalistic thinking. How is the design enabling sabotage? You guys will leave your brain behind while following the albino fool you call leader and then you start constituting nuisance outside.
ah, my chest. grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Born2Breed(f): 7:27am On Oct 13, 2020
angry
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by WhizdomXX(m): 7:28am On Oct 13, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:
I just passed through the first Niger bridge in Onitsha and got a good look at the second Niger bridge in construction but noticed sadly that its pillars are not even in height. They descend sharply in height when coming from the Onitsha end and are quite low at the Asaba end. I haven't seen this kind of awkward design in bridge construction before. Is this a deliberate attempt to sabotage and delay the project with faulty construction or is it to deliberately make it more difficult for Onitsha bound commuters to climb the bridge with its rising gradient? Engineers in the house should answer please.
I'll confirm this today. Hopefully it's not that bad.
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN. GOD BLESS US.
Modified
Dear Nairalanders, my sister was just suspended on Twitter for continuously retweeting endsars posts. Please what can be done to reverse this evil suspension. Cc: Lalasticlala, Seunmsg, Slawormir, all of the wise Nairaland family.
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by PIMPAR: 7:47am On Oct 13, 2020
hammerP:
WE HAVE BEEN TELLING DEM FOR YEARS, BUT THE WICKED AFONJA AND ABOKI HOLDING GOVERENMENT WANT SE PEOPLE TO DIE IN THOUSANDS FIRST.

THE CALLS HAVE BEEN FALLING ON DEAF EARS.

SINCE 2015, WE HAVE BEEN CALLING DAT THE BRIDGE NOW SHAKES, BEFORE THEY STARTED THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE IN A RUSH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QykzArA6T4
But Ebele Azikiwe was in power for almost 6 yrs. Did you also fail to tell him that time?
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by PIMPAR: 7:48am On Oct 13, 2020
WhizdomXX:

I'll confirm this today. Hopefully it's not that bad.
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN. GOD BLESS US.
Modified
Dear Nairalanders, my sister was just suspended on Twitter for continuously retweeting endsars posts. Please what can be done to reverse this evil suspension. Cc: Lalasticlala, Seunmsg, Slawormir, all of the wise Nairaland family.
Copy Donald Trump. He will instruct them to free the handle. Shumuck
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by PIMPAR: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:

You couldn't snap but you could rush to Nairaland to bring your wailing sentiment here.
Nnamdi kanu has really done more harm than good to most of you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by femi4: 8:21am On Oct 13, 2020
No picture... How can we analyze it
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Gengetiele: 8:33am On Oct 13, 2020
AsomughaChuks02:

I suspect Tinubu...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by PIMPAR: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2020
femi4:
No picture... How can we analyze it
Kindly ignore them. They are hypocrite set of people. All they look for is to buy emotions
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by JAMO84: 8:43am On Oct 13, 2020
You people finally admit that Buhari is constructing the bridge? We are getting somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Coldie(m): 9:06am On Oct 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Ipob miscreants.

I wonder what is si special about the short span bridge

Amotekun miscreant what's your business with 2nd Niger bridge abi Onitsha na Yoruba land?
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by taurusmena1(m): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2020
u are as reasonable as ur english
Miracle2020:
Which second niger bridge? The one gej commission before he leaves office?
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Ebenezar2021: 9:45am On Oct 13, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:
how come you have an Igbo moniker?
Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Ebenezar2021: 9:47am On Oct 13, 2020
Coldie:

Amotekun miscreant what's your business with 2nd Niger bridge abi Onitsha na Yoruba land?
amotekun bawo?
The Juliusmalema you quoted is even from the same Anambra state.
Not everyone who has a different opinion from yours is a a Yoruba.
Sick fellow

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Ebenezar2021: 9:49am On Oct 13, 2020
PIMPAR:

You couldn't snap but you could rush to Nairaland to bring your wailing sentiment here.
Nnamdi kanu has really done more harm than good to most of you
it's in their hobby for most of'em to wail

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? by Vexaf: 10:11am On Oct 13, 2020
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.S. IGNORES SMALL AFRICAN TERRORIST GROUP IPOB AT ITS PERIL - WASHINGTON TIMES / This Picture Clearly Explain Jumia Black Friday Scam / Over 1,000 Kidnapped Victims So Far Rescued Without Ransom — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.