Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons (2109 Views)

Atiku Celebrates Pastor Adeboye As He Clocks 80 / Army Begins Golden Dawn In Abia Says No Hiding Place For Criminals / Sunday Igboho Is A Hero – Reno Omokri Says As Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by Chimasoka: 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by EagleNest(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Who did this professor vote for in 2015 and 2019? And is he living in Nigeria or is he now a citizen of another nation in Nigeria?

How come you started speaking after Adeboye aired his opinion, where were you all these while?

Whether restructuring or outright breaking out, the common factor is that the current status quo is clearly a recipe of final death of Nigeria if left as it is.

1 Like

Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by flokii: 9:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
I watched the video till the end and I can boldly say that even the professor made some blunders in his utterances.

In the Geneva Conventions on Diversity, Languages etcetera, it is wrong to impose 3 languages (as major) over 250+ ethnicities simply because you want unity. The Babangida and co. that rejected the proposal knew what they were doing. In the Northern part of Nigeria for example, starting from Plateau, Benue etc. up till core Northern States who have their own dialects understand and speak Hausa, some have lost their tongues and speak only Hausa which is wrong.
Nigeria is not homogenous to start with and we must not pretend that it is. You can't force an Ijaw man to take up Igbo language simply because you want unity. It's insulting and demoralizing to say the least. You're simply telling them that the major tribes will continue to dominate them forever which shouldn't be.

Concerning the Yoruba independent nation, we are aware our people want out and we are studying the situation carefully. That's all I can say for now but proper restructuring won't be a bad idea either.

1 Like

Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
The video too long angry
Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by sharpwriter(m): 11:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
flokii:
I watched the video till the end and I can boldly say that even the professor made some blunders in his utterances.

In the Geneva Conventions on Diversity, Languages etcetera, it is wrong to impose 3 languages (as major) over 250+ ethnicities simply because you want unity. The Babangida and co. that rejected the proposal knew what they were doing. In the Northern part of Nigeria for example, starting from Plateau, Benue etc. up till core Northern States who have their own dialects understand and speak Hausa, some have lost their tongues and speak only Hausa which is wrong.
Nigeria is not homogenous to start with and we must not pretend that it is. You can't force an Ijaw man to take up Igbo language simply because you want unity. It's insulting and demoralizing to say the least. You're simply telling them that the major tribes will continue to dominate them forever which shouldn't be.

Concerning the Yoruba independent nation, we are aware our people want out and we are studying the situation carefully. That's all I can say for now but proper restructuring won't be a bad idea either.

I agree with you. While proper restructuring isn't bad, it is still a trap which can be our undoing in future. A critical look at the things happening in Naija shows that there is need for quick action to stop the evils that have spread all over the land. And the best way to do that is to cut off from the union without looking back because Danger looms!

3 Likes

Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by WhizdomXX(m): 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
All I know is that NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN
SAY NO TO FAILED LEADERS NOW. 2023 LOOMS
Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by Naijabad: 5:57am On Oct 14, 2020
Will yorubas be United in this course?
Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by protests: 6:03am On Oct 14, 2020
WhizdomXX:
All I know is that NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN
SAY NO TO FAILED LEADERS NOW. 2023 LOOMS
Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by SLAP44: 6:04am On Oct 14, 2020
Naijabad:
Will yorubas be United in this course?

They have some of the best brains in this country and I believe they will bring their sophistry to bear in this delicate matter. A free and United Yoruba country will rival even South Africa for greatness, they have the potential.
Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by helinues: 6:13am On Oct 14, 2020
Professor of drunkers
Re: No Hiding For Pastor Adeboye As Yoruba Professor Teaches Him Some Lessons by Racoon(m): 6:15am On Oct 14, 2020
Even if the proven wrong in the long run, Pastor Adeboye have simply said the long feared truth about the impending implosion of the Nigerian state.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Announces Nationwide Rally For Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho / IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. / Headaches For The Opposition As APC Pulled Largest Crowd In Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.