Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. (2261 Views)

Igbos Spend N3trn Yearly On Cows, Ban Begins April 27 – IPOB Warns Fulanis / Buhari Visits His Cows In Katsina After Refusing To Visit Kankara - SR (Video) / Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 10:32am On Oct 11, 2021
Igbos to become cattle rearers? Tufiakwa!! Abomination.
Igbos to become cattle Ranchers? YES!!!

Every Biafran interested in ranching cows should start thinking big already. IPOB has created a billions of dollars/naira business opportunity. It is estimated that over 90,000 cows are sold and slaughtered for domestic consumption and consumption during several ceremonies in Igboland every week. Multiply 90,000 by 4 weeks which is one month, you will get 360,000 cows per month. Multiply it by 12 months and you will get 4,320.000.00 cows per year are sold and slaughtered for consumption in the whole of Igboland.

This number multiply by an average of N100,000 per cow will be, four hundred and thirty two billion nairas per year. N432,000.000.000. These terrorists don't know the spirit of Igboman when he sees a business opportunity. Let us see who will cry later. Those terrorists can't come into our land with their cows to destroy our farmlands, rape our women and meme and kill our people and expect us to keep quiet, do they?

5 Likes

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by SlayerForever: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2021
Any cows to replace the Fulani ones should be considerably cheaper due to eliminated cost of transportation from the North. Also they should be a lot healthier.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2021
SlayerForever:
Any cows to replace the Fulani ones should be considerably cheaper due to eliminated cost of transportation from the North. Also they should be a lot healthier.
Those terrorists don't know what they have gotten themselves into. DOS is genius with this pending ban, and there is no going back on this. A big economic way of fighting for one's freedom. Like you said. Just any cow to replace the fulani cow in our land. It will be cheaper and also healthier which is the most important. It is being discussed in Radio Biafra and people are calling in, ready to start the business already.

3 Likes

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Skooltynz: 11:57am On Oct 11, 2021
Stage by stage Biafra is coming meanwhile, Ipob should use their media to call Igbos investing outside Igboland to think home i know Igbos are natural travellers but at least lets fix home,we need to invest heavily in Agriculture and tech and housing so settling in Biafra will be easy for outsiders.

4 Likes

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by okeyglm: 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
ipob is about to create 1m millionaires with this master stroke

3 Likes

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
Las Las it is Igbos that will suffer it is always Igbos that suffer

You cannot beat the system
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Igboid: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
It mustn't even be Cow.
If we can ramp up our goat production and mass produce goats.
We should be okay.
I can't understand this obsession with cows in Igboland.
It's unhealthy and alien. We bore both Ogbuefi and Ogbuewu in the past as names, but it seems we are now too reliant on Efi.

2 Likes

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Igboid: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
LordVoldermort:

How will Igbos suffer?
Cow is not the only source of protein.
There are many ways to produce animal protein if we are serious.

Poultry(this will require more corn for poultry feed, which we can get by patronising indigenous farming tribes in the North on the interim while we ramp up our local production capacity) , goat,pig, insects(termites in particular), plant proteins, etc.

4 Likes

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by okeyglm: 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:
It mustn't even be Cow.
If we can ramp up our goat production and mass produce goats.
We should be okay.
I can't understand this obsession with cows in Igboland.
It's unhealthy and alien. We bore both Ogbuefi and Ogbuewu in the past as names, but it seems we are now too reliant on Efi.
Mr man we have efi Igbo. it is time to advance it like we did with fowls. Igbo land must be independent in food production

3 Likes

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Igboid: 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
okeyglm:
Mr man we have efi Igbo. it is time to advance it like we did with fowls. Igbo land must be independent in food production

Is Efi Igbo cost effective? grin
I heard like Okuko Igbo, it would consume as much as same food for an Hausa cow, but remain smaller in size.

Like I said, it mustn't be cow.
And if it must be cow, it mustn't be Efi-Igbo. There are better cost effective breeds out there.
The aim is to provide animal protein, not senseless pride of raising Efi-Igbo.

1 Like

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by loveth360(f): 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
Good.We yoruba muslim will now have cheap Kpomos from fulani cows.
Fulanis should bring all their cows in our land,we have lands more than dot people.

True true we yoruba and fulani are one.

1 Like

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by okeyglm: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

Is Efi Igbo cost effective? grin
I heard like Okuko Igbo, it would consume as much as same food for an Hausa cow, but remain smaller in size.
Efi Igbo is very cost effective . though smaller in size but abundant meat inside. in Nkanu at Enugu it is choice meat for burial . Its very strong and resistant to disease.

1 Like

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Igboid: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
okeyglm:
Efi Igbo is very cost effective . though smaller in size but abundant meat inside. in Nkanu at Enugu it is choice meat for burial . Its very strong and resistant to disease.

How long does it take to grow, how much food does it need to eat to grow.
If same time and food is given to a different breed, would we have more meat or not?

Those are questions a business man would eat to know.

My understanding is that Efi-Igbo is to Hausa cow, what Okuko Igbo is to Agric.
You and I know that no one will leave Agric fowl to start commercially breeding Okuko Igbo, because it is not cost effective.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by okeyglm: 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

If same time and food is given to a different breed, would we have more meat or not?

You and I know that no one will leave Agric fowl to start commercially breeding Okuko Igbo, because it is not cost effective.
bro is like you haven't seen efi Igbo before. let me tell you a ranched efi Igbo does it better than Fulani cow. maybe you take a trip to Enugu or Ebonyi ,you will see efi Igbo.

1 Like

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Igboid: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
okeyglm:
bro is like you haven't seen efi Igbo before. let me tell you a ranched efi Igbo does it better than Fulani cow. maybe you take a trip to Enugu or Ebonyi ,you will see efi Igbo.

Nwanne. You didn't answer my question.

Does the Efi-Igbo reach adulthood faaster than Hausa cow? Does it require less food to bring it to adulthood?
I made example of Okuko Igbo and Agric fowl and why commercial poultry Farmers would never choose Okuko Igbo for such venture.
Reason being that it consumes more food than Agric fowl to reach adulthood, and even at adulthood, provides lesser meat.

So it isn't cost effective.

1 Like

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Igboid: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
By the way I'm not against banning Hausa cows.
I'm just saying they mustn't be replaced by Efi-Igbo.
We can actually adopt and raise the Fulani cows ourselves or go for more cost effective exotic breeds abroad to import.
Either way, I'm just not convinced that Efi-Igbo can effectively replace FULANI cows, just as Okuko Igbo can't replace Agric fowls.

1 Like

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 1:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
LordVoldermort:

Thank you. Let us suffer. We really like to suffer. None of your business. We don't need your love, nor your useless care.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by cazchi: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

Shut up man. No one takes you seriously. Just wait and see how it'll happen.

1 Like

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by cazchi: 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:
By the way I'm not against banning Hausa cows.
I'm just saying they mustn't be replaced by Efi-Igbo.
We can actually adopt and raise the Fulani cows ourselves or go for more cost effective exotic breeds abroad to import.
Either way, I'm just not convinced that Efi-Igbo can effectively replace FULANI cows, just as Okuko Igbo can't replace Agric fowls.

We don't want to buy or breed your cursed fulani cows. Wetin dey worry you?

1 Like

Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by okeyglm: 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

Nwanne. You didn't answer my question.

Does the Efi-Igbo reach adulthood faaster than Hausa cow? Does it require less food to bring it to adulthood?
I made example of Okuko Igbo and Agric fowl and why commercial poultry Farmers would never choose Okuko Igbo for such venture.
Reason being that it consumes more food than Agric fowl to reach adulthood, and even at adulthood, provides lesser meat.

So it isn't cost effective.
efi Igbo doesn't trek much ,so enough meat their maturity maybe the same with Fulani. because Fulani cow is not hybrid breed.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2021

This is Purebred 'Gir' cattle in Brazil, originally from India. Attains 85.16 kg/day of milk production. Huge business opportunity here my brothers. All hail IPOB. We can import breeds from different markets, it doesn't necessarily have to be "Efi Igbo". South American countries have huge cattle markets. India too.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

How will Igbos suffer?
Cow is not the only source of protein.
There are many ways to produce animal protein if we are serious.

Poultry(this will require more corn for poultry feed, which we can get by patronising indigenous farming tribes in the North on the interim while we ramp up our local production capacity) , goat,pig, insects(termites in particular), plant proteins, etc.
Well you admitted you still need the north for your new protein source

Anyways I think habits are very powerful, people hate change even when that change might be good for them and they would reverse back first chance they get, if IPOB were serious they would know that it would take Igbos atleast 5years to switch to a proper alternative for meat

But since when did IPOB have sense? we'll wait for their 6months drama
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Igboid: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Well you admitted you still need the north for your new protein source

Anyways I think habits are very powerful, people hate change even when that change might be good for them and they would reverse back first chance they get, if IPOB were serious they would know that it would take Igbos atleast 5years to switch to a proper for meat

But since when did IPOB have sense? we'll wait for their 6months drama

We have no problem with the North.
No one is an Island.
It's not like the Northern farmers would supply the corn for free.
It's also for their own benefit, as their income will soar.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Igboid: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
DeadCountry:

This is Purebred 'Gir' cattle in Brazil, originally from India. Attains 85.16 kg/day of milk production. Huge business opportunity here my brothers. All hail IPOB. We can import breeds from different markets, it doesn't necessarily have to be "Efi Igbo". South American countries have huge cattle markets. India too.

Exactly my point.
Thanks.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
DeadCountry:

Thank you. Let us suffer. We really like to suffer. None of your business. We don't need your love, nor your useless care.
And who cares about you? Love kwa?
We live in a world where a virus in China killed people in America, where a market crash in America affected people in Europe...

Yeah it is my business, I don't want your virus to reach me since you've decided not to contain it
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
What are the most profitable cattle to raise?

Beef cattle are generally the most profitable and easiest livestock to raise for profit. Beef cattle simply require good pasture, supplemental hay during the winter, freshwater, vaccinations, and plenty of room to roam. You can buy calves from dairy farms inexpensively to start raising beef cattle.

Beef cattle are cattle raised for meat production (as distinguished from dairy cattle, used for milk production). The meat of mature or almost mature cattle is mostly known as beef. In beef production there are three main stages: cow-calf operations, backgrounding, and feedlot operations. The production cycle of the animals start at cow-calf operations; this operation is designed specifically to breed cows for their offspring. From here the calves are backgrounded for a feedlot. Animals grown specifically for the feedlot are known as feeder cattle, the goal of these animals is fattening. Animals not grown for a feedlot are typically female and are commonly known as replacement heifers. While the principal use of beef cattle is meat production, other uses include leather and beef by-products used in candy, shampoo, cosmetics, insulin, and inhalers.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
LordVoldermort:
And who cares about you? Love kwa?
We live in a world where a virus in China killed people in America, where a market crash in America affected people in Europe...

Yeah it is my business, I don't want your virus to reach me since you've decided not to contain it
Terrorist, cry all you want. The ban on your terrorist cows is here to stay and IPOB is not going back. We must cripple your trillion naira business and make it ours. You must be afraid and your empty cries end only here in nairaland. Even your chief terrorist buhari can not reverse the IPOB ban. All hail IPOB, all hail Biafra.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
DeadCountry:
IPOB has created a billions of dollars/naira business opportunity. It is estimated that over 90,000 cows are sold and slaughtered for domestic consumption and consumption during several ceremonies in Igboland every week. Multiply 90,000 by 4 weeks which is one month, you will get 360,000 cows per month. Multiply it by 12 months and you will get 4,320.000.00 cows per year are sold and slaughtered for consumption in the whole of Igboland.

This number multiply by an average of N100,000 per cow will be, four hundred and thirty two billion nairas per year. N432,000.000.000. These terrorists don't know the spirit of Igboman when he sees a business opportunity. Let us see who will cry later. Those terrorists can't come into our land with their cows to destroy our farmlands, rape our women and meme and kill our people and expect us to keep quiet, do they?

IPOB and this una statistics grin
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
IPOB and this una statistics grin
I and you and everyone else know that N100,000 is just for the mention. No grown market value cattle in your dungeon is less than N200,000. Now multiply N200,000 by the number quoted above, and you will be getting close to a trillion naira as what we give out to all you terrorists every year in return for raping our women, maiming, and killing of our people. Sorry, we are not going to continue the sutpidity.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2021

Beef Cattle and it's calf. This is the type for meat production and commercial farming.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by SenatePresdo(m): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
LordVoldermort:

Suffer because of Cow meat?
Na so e easy to suffer for your side? Eyaa

Take heart bro.
Re: IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS. by DeadCountry: 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Commentary: Prince Okparaeke, Eze Umuanumanu Of Eagle Farms – The Efi Igbo Master

Creativity drives the world. This is because creative minds are leaders. That sums up the man, Prince Dr Ugochukwu Ferdinand Okparaeke, Osimili Umuchu, Omelora, Eze Umuanumanu and the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Eagle Food Processing Industry Limited, Umuchu.

Born in 1953 to the family of late Obi Job Okpara Ukeje Okparaeke and late Lolo Ejiuro Okparaeke (Nee Obiako) of Okoro Obi family in Ozara Akukwa, Umuchu in Aguata, Ugoo was exceptionally intelligent. He obtained his FSLC at Saint Barnabas’ School Akokwa in 1973 in flying colours. However, due to paucity of fund, he could not continue his education.

He proceeded to Onitsha on apprenticeship under his uncle, Wilson Obiako. On gaining freedom, he started selling plates and accessories. Prince Dr Ugochukwu Okparaeke spent about seven years in Onitsha and in January, 1980, he left for his country home, Umuchu, where he started farming. He started poultry with 50 birds, stocked in a small room in his apartment.

The success achieved within four years was terrific, though there were some challenges such as death of birds and shortage of grain, which resulted in many poultry farms folding up. In a bid to avoid such in future, Omelora started a maize and cassava farm at Ibughubu Umuchu. Now, Eagle Food has over one hundred and fifty thousand birds, including layers, growers, broilers and chicks in over eight branches. 90 percent of raw materials used in feeds production are locally sourced.

Wastes from his farms/factories are converted into feeds for pigs, fishes, cattle and rams. Eagle Food Industry equally has a section where it is rearing cattle and ram for more than 15 years. Its breeds are both Efi Hausa and Efi Igbo. Gracefully, Governor Willie Obiano has supported the company immensely in developing Efi Igbo, thereby curtailing herders/farmers clashes in the state.

Eagle Food also has piggery, dog, fish, frozen food and cold room sections as well as feed section and plant and crop sections. There is also the snail and grass cutter section, palm kernel sections, vegetable oil refinery equipment, power/welding section and poultry litters section. All are available and affordable for sale in commercial quantity. There is price slash this Yuletide.

Prince Okparaeke also has feed mill that produces garri, known as Eagle Best Garri and Eagle Food Daily Vita. Other companies are: Osimiri United Modern Poultry Farm Limited, Osimiri Wonder Agro Farm Nigeria Limited and Adanna Farms. These companies deeply rooted in Umuchu have branches in Okigwe and Arondizuogu both in Imo state as well as in Umunze and Oko.

They produce and sale Palm kernel oil for vegetable oil; Palm kernel cake for animals feeds; Animal feeds/poultry droppings as manure for farming purposes; Birds such as broilers, layers and cockerels; Eggs; Cows; Horses for entertainment; Fishes; Live Pig, Pock Meat; Yam tubers; Maize; Cassava; Vegetables/Garden egg, water melon, among others. A visit to Eagle Farm Umuchu or any of the branches, especially this Yuletide, will make your celebrations memorable.

Prince Dr Ugochukwu Okparaeke, apart from building factories, provided his community, Umuchu, with electric transformers, helped the less privileged, including widows and orphans and rebuilt public schools, and roads. He has an Education Trust Fund Scheme called Osimiri Education Support Fund which he has floated for over 16 years, offering scholarship to thirteen students every year into primary, secondary and tertiary institutions.

Furthermore, Prince Okparaeke has been single handedly providing culverts and drainage facilities for erosion control in Umuchu. Osimiri bought security van for the vigilante group. The devoted Catholic equally constructed Ozara-Akukwa Civic Center and has been constructing and renovating classroom buildings for primary and secondary schools in Umuchu. Thus, Eze umuanumanu has bagged over 42 awards and honours. CBN recognized Eagle Food Processing Industry Nigeria Ltd as Best Farming Company among many others. Prince is a Pillar of the Catholic Men Organization. In August 2013, he bagged the National Productivity Order of Merit Award by the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan.

To crown it all, the European-American University, Panama, in 2019, gave Prince Ugochukwu Ferdinand Okparaeke an honorary Doctorate degree in Agro-Allied Business Management. Doc is the President of Poultry Association of Nigeria (PAN). Eagle Food Processing Industry Nigeria Limited has, for over 39 years contributed immensely in feeding the nation. Visit any of our branches for affordable food.

A tree does not make a forest. Hence, kudos must also go to the man behind the mask, Chief Charles Okpalaeke, Ochudo one of Umuchu for his tenacity, humility, diligence and honesty in moving Eagle Food to greater heights.

To God be the glory.

https://www.google.com/search?q=efi+igbo&hl=en&sxsrf=AOaemvIQXVPN-h2iTNeA_54yD4LXisQImQ:1633957410665&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi0nqnYtcLzAhUgRUEAHY_bDFEQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1440&bih=757&dpr=1#imgrc=rnVO0HHo6UF5DM

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Only Team That Will Save Ukraine From Russian Invasion / This Is What Awka Currently Looks Like / APC Choice: Ogbonaiya Onu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.