Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Gov. Sanwoolu Joined The Youths At The #SARSMPUSTEND Protests Today. PHOTOS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gov. Sanwoolu Joined The Youths At The #SARSMPUSTEND Protests Today. PHOTOS (279 Views)

Say No To Cultism,how I Joined The Supreme Maphite,and Almost Got Killed By NBM / Passengers Were Marched Out Of Vehicles By Military In Imo Today (Photos) / Okada Man Tried To Kidnap This Schoolboy In Delta Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Gov. Sanwoolu Joined The Youths At The #SARSMPUSTEND Protests Today. PHOTOS by nairafame2: 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
Lagos State Governor, Jide Sanwoolu joins Nigerian youths to protest against Sars extortion and brutality in Lagos today.

The governor reveal this on his social media page with pictures and captions;
I joined the youths at the #SARSMUSTEND protests today, to not only allay their fears, but to also let them know we’re on the same side. We are agitating for the same solution to the current unfortunate issues we’re facing as a society and as a Nation.

I would also be meeting with His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja tomorrow.

As a servant of the people, and a representative of the masses, my job is to listen and do everything within my power to act, while managing the nature of the problems our people are protesting against. I am proud of our youths and the courage they are displaying in articulating their grievances.

I identify wholeheartedly with the #SARSMUSTEND campaign as it touches the essence of democratic freedom.
Citizens must never be denied the right to protest, and your voices have been heard.

A clear pronouncement has been made and Mr. President has addressed the Nation. All SARS officers involved in the killing of innocent people and engaging in the abuse of human rights will be brought to justice.

My stand on #SARSMUSTEND is unmistakable and I assure you that I identify with this protest because your concerns are legitimate. The protest is in good faith, but we need to be peaceful and decorous in expressing ourselves, so our message will be clear and articulate.

I received the news of casualties at the Surulere protest with displeasure and disgust. We will get to the root of the unfortunate incident today, and updates will be given to the public in due time.
We mourn with the families of those who have lost their loved ones during this period. May their souls Rest In Peace.

We must prevent the escalation of issues, and I am meeting with the Commissioner of Police and other security leaders to ensure that the safety of protesters are guaranteed.

I want to appeal to the protesters to take a break from protesting while we dialogue with the Federal Govt to ensure a permanent solution to the issues on ground.
Tempers are at a highest on all sides at this time and while we work to prevent escalation, the safety of our residents is paramount.
I speak not just as a Governor, but as a Father, Brother, Son and Friend.

See below
https://www.nairafame.com/2020/10/lagos-state-governor-sanwoolu-joined.html

Cc Lalasticlala

"We Are Unstoppable!!!" - Nigeria Youths Tells Government After Sending Thugs / #ENDSARS: Police To Dismiss 37 Ex-sars Officers, Prosecute 24 / #ENDSARS The Generation Of Outgoing BAD BOYS Vs Incoming Young Sorosokey