Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest (919 Views)

#BBNaija: Nina Slams Miracle After He Denied Telling Her Alex And Tobi Had Sex / "Davido Does Not Carry Olosho" - Donjazzy Defends Davido After Being Accused. / Tagbo Umeike: Fan Defends Davido; Highlights What May Have "Caused" His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest by jgurus: 12:28am On Oct 13, 2020
Nigerians slammed Davido after the video went viral and Reno Omokri stepped in to defend him saying he was only being diplomatic.

Former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has taken popular singer, Davido’s side after he was caught on camera lying about not being involved with the on-going #EndSARS protest.

Davido met with the Lagos State Police PRO, Frank Mba today. During the closed-door meeting, Davido said he never joined in the protest to end SARS.

How can you come here for closed door meeting when you were protesting…?” Frank Mba asked.

“I didn’t protest,” Davido said, repeating, “I did not protest.”

Frank Mba insisted, telling him that he “identified with the protesters yesterday”.

Davido replied: “I have to because they’re my fans. And I was there actually to calm them down. I was not there to protest.”

Nigerians slammed Davido after the video went viral and Reno Omokri stepped in to defend him.

Reno said Davido was simply being diplomatic.

He wrote: “I just watched the video of @DavidoOfficial with the spokesman of the @nigeriapoliceforce, Frank Mba.

“What I read in the media was pure hyperbole. He was not jittery. Yes, he was diplomatic and there is nothing wrong with that. It is not cowardice. It is wisdom. Even Scripture preaches it. In my opinion, those accusing him of betraying #SARSMUSTEND are not being kind to him.

“How many celebrities came out to identify with protesters? I don’t want to mention names. Some were even defending FSARS. And then you start to criticise the Davido that risked his life to identify with his fans, just because he applied wisdom. And you expect more celebrities to join us?”

He added in another post: “Diplomacy is not hipocrisy.”

Source: https://tigblog.com.ng/2020/10/13/reno-omokri-defends-davido-after-he-denied-engaging-in-sars-protest-during-closed-door-meeting-with-police-pro/

Re: Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest by Temitopemo6e6(m): 12:34am On Oct 13, 2020
A Quiet Place Part II
Re: Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest by GolDRoger: 1:46am On Oct 13, 2020
Yea! yea!! Looks like he was applying his diploma of music in politics
reno the basket mouth cheesy cheesy
Re: Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest by Ufilo2: 1:59am On Oct 13, 2020
Intelligence at it peak
Re: Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest by zik2zik: 2:00am On Oct 13, 2020
grin u have to be smarter Dan de devil grin
Re: Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest by Charmingrascal(m): 3:47am On Oct 13, 2020
David did nothing wrong, he was been diplomatic.

Frank Mba put him on a hot seat and his reply wasn't that bad
He was there for his fans, he risked his life by crawling on his knees to meet the threat filled, aggressive and dangerous Police officers who were ready to attack any protester.
David was able to set free those arrested, he is not a coward infact he was so smart to give him that response.

The only thing is that there are many other youths who would have had the opportunity of meeting the IG instead of Davido, there are victims of Police harassment who can narrate their stories and Police style of harassment to the IG not the likes of D'banj, Ubi Franklin and the rest of them.

David history will not forget you and we will remember the likes of Burna boy and Naira Marley as cowards.

Kizz Daniel will be remembered for saying nothing when Nigerian youths need his influence.

SARS is no longer a unit in the Police
EndSARS is an ideology and a movement that stand for total reformation of Police
The more the Government use force the bloody it will get and it is just a matter of time before we retaliate the show of force being displayed by the Police against peaceful protesters.

Same Police we are protesting against is still attacking us? Tell me if SARS has truly ended.

Time will come that their families will bleed for their sins, if the brutality continues time will come that it will be an eye for an eye until anarchy set in.

Sagay has come out to say Buhari will use force against protesters. We are waiting.

The more they come after us the more angry we get, the more many youths will join us, the more violent the protests will get.
You can't kill us all, we are the Government if you can't meet our demands you should step aside.

To y'all thinking this is a battle of the Police and Yahoo boys/urchins I pray you get set free from your ignorance. We are fighting for the future, if older generations had stood their ground against Police brutality, we would have had less work to do.
We do this for ourselves, for our children, for our future.

We won't relent, we won't give up until our demands are met, we are not cowards, we are not lazy, we are smart and intelligent.

If the Country is not willing to be great the government through its agents should not hinder our individual strive for greatness.

I am a hard-working youth and my life matters!!!!

#EndSARS
#EndPoliceBrutality
#IncreasePoliceSalary

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest by Hazlett1988: 6:54am On Oct 13, 2020
He did nothing wrong by saying that,he is only been smart,OBO no mind them, no matter how you try you can never satisfy Nigerians
Re: Reno Omokri Defends Davido After He Denied Engaging In SARS Protest by BrutalJab: 7:23am On Oct 13, 2020
Exactly. Davido did the best thing there.

(1) (Reply)

Rema Cuts Hair, With A Fan Saying He Looks Like Pogba / See How Fans Reacted After Seeing Burna Boy’s Huge ‘banana’ / 15 Nollywood Actresses Over 40yyears And Still Look Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.