Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad (15795 Views)

IPPIS: Zainab Ahmed Says No Going Back On Policy / Zainab Ahmed Says Fuel Subsidy To Gulp N450 Billion In 2020 / "Nasir El-Rufai Is My Brother" - Kadaria Ahmed Says In An Old Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Daddysidhan: 8:11am On Oct 13, 2020
PassingShot:

Don't force words into my mouth!

I believe a real reform is going to happen with this EndSARS protest. But for that reform to happen, the protest has to stop. It doesn't make any sense to still go on the street after the first step at reforming the police has been taken. The sensible thing to do is to give a month deadline to see what further actions will follow the dissolution of SARS and if nothing happens, the protest can be re-commenced.
This is suppose to be your first comment

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by LostAddict1: 8:13am On Oct 13, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

There won't be and the protest must stop, one way or the other.

There has never been such order even for python dance of the army. The coas decides with his team what name and scrap it when it has served it purpose

The Army won't interfere because this is a fight between the elected and the electorates, so why should the military interfere in civilian business? Or Is it a wrong thing to protest for our rights.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by LostAddict1: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2020
BreconHills:

It is important to know when to declare victory. Instead of calling for an executive order, civil society ought to be asking for participation in the reform process. This means getting themselves organised and choosing people of unimpeachable integrity to represent them.

Protesters must understand that the support of the vast majority of people not protesting is important to success. If goal post and demand keep shifting, that support will ebb and society will be polarized

I understand your point of exiting when the ovation is loud but with all due respect we can't because our demands has not been met. Once the FG meets demands, we would surely back down.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Daddysidhan: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

U dey mind dem. Dey are just carried away by the result. Make dem dey try government power, army go use una do practice session
How many bandit and boko haram has being used as target practice? Boko haram has shown us that the army only bully those with no sophisticated weapons e.g civilians
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Kingdemu: 8:17am On Oct 13, 2020
protests:
People who support the police

1. Corrupt people
2. People who love corruption
3. Corrupted people

At least one is on this thread.
People who hate the police

1. Yahoo boys
2. Kidnappers
3. Armed robbers

Atleast one is on this thread

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by LostAddict1: 8:20am On Oct 13, 2020
FunkyAlhaji2015:

SARS is not a creation of the presidency so no executive order is needed to disband it.

Nigerians like to punishing their fellow country men for crimes of the government. How is blocking the traffic in and out of Lagos going to affect the government?? How is blocking the traffic on Lekki toll gate affect the FG?? We are just causing pains on our fellow country men and women. It so sad and disheartening to see all of this.

Stop Shell and Chevron production, close the ports. These are things that will affect the FG

Blocking the roads would affect the people in power who use it daily, and in turn they will tell the FG to address us. When its time to block the Airports, Oil Ports and Sea Ports nobody will tell us, we would do it without haste.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by saraki2019(m): 8:27am On Oct 13, 2020
Wolgrace:

It is obvious that you are ignorant of the motives behind SARS extreme brutality right from 2015. Mr. Man, even Buhari who lacks rapid response leadership has ugly motives which are quite visible to us. Buhari and IGP have identical ideologies, reason service chiefs are not sacked with executive order.

The protesters only use the advantage to fight the just cause. War against anti-people leadership, anti-injustice, anti-corruption, anti-nepotism, anti-crime, etc... Meaning it all points to revolution i.e total restructure.
these are the other motives I am saying,

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by LostAddict1: 8:29am On Oct 13, 2020
smogjoe:

Now tell me which of the reformation process can be effectively achieved under tension. You and I know that effective Reformation requires time..all we need to be doing is to find more people like davido has done to be visiting the leadership of the NPF for briefing on how far they have gone with the reformation process and see to our needs been attended to. Don't let's think backwards na.. Aséju is not good..

First of all, David Adeleke speaks for himself and himself alone. When the government is ready to dialogue with the youths, the would hold a roundtable discussion. I can tell what we have achieved, we have gotten the attention of the government, and the International media to let them know that we are suffering, and smiling in this country. Reformation can take time no doubt but the FG and the Ministry of Police Affairs, should listen to our demands and give us a laid process of how they want the reforms to take place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by LostAddict1: 8:32am On Oct 13, 2020
unscripted:
you guys should stop ,, don't mess the good you started up ,, wait and see what happens next first , there are greater things we need to come out for , don't let us waste energy on this one that we already have victory ..

Victory can't be achieved by giving your oppressor the slightest chance to oppress you further. Past governments have dissolved Sars before and new ones re-started it this time it is different. Until we get a sort of an executive order from the President then we haven't started winning the fight. Also, our demands haven't been met, so how then can we call the protests quits?

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by jrusky(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2020
Oh so you mean the unit not scrapped yet? Then the protest must continue no wonder no one trust their useless disbandment shit.

#EndSars# must contiue.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by LostAddict1: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2020
PassingShot:

I believe a real reform is going to happen with this EndSARS protest. But for that reform to happen, the protest has to stop. It doesn't make any sense to still go on the street after the first step at reforming the police has been taken. The sensible thing to do is to give a month deadline to see what further actions will follow the dissolution of SARS and if nothing happens, the protest can be re-commenced.

No the protest will not be disbanded if not the fire in it dies. This government will feel the heat, and we would continue to keep them on their toes till they do the right thin.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by ugofulfilled(m): 8:43am On Oct 13, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

BREAKING NEWS FROM WIKE'S RIVERS STATE.

The Rivers State Government hereby wish to inform the general public that all forms of protests have been banned throughout the State.

Therefore, all proposed protests under #End SARS Campaign are hereby prohibited.

Government took this decision because the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had already scrapped the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

Therefore, there is no need for any form of protest against a Unit of the Police Force that no longer exists.

Parents and Guardians are therefore advised to ensure that their children or wards do not violate this order.

Law enforcement agencies are also directed to ensure that the ban is enforced and that violators are brought to book.

Paulinus Nsirim
Commissioner for Information and Communications
October 12, 2020

And you are one of the future leaders of Nigeria
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 13, 2020
saraki2019:
these are the other motives I am saying,

Masses motives are pure activism. SARS active brutality right from 2015 is purely anti-south agenda.. Its a nepotic or sectoral order and oppression of the south, i.e its a divided nation by the president himself and his service chiefs..

Why is the North timid? Why are they protesting against #ENDSARS protest? Look beyond!

You can see why it all points to revolutional protest. We either restructure or split.

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Longman180(m): 9:03am On Oct 13, 2020
protests:
People who support the police

1. Corrupt people
2. People who love corruption
3. Corrupted people

At least one is on this thread.
any reasonable person will never go along with what is happening in dis country

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:16am On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:

Blocking the roads would affect the people in power who use it daily, and in turn they will tell the FG to address us. When its time to block the Airports, Oil Ports and Sea Ports nobody will tell us, we would do it without haste.

Blocking the roads will only affect our brothers and sister. You don't find our leaders on the road, they are in airplanes and helicopters.

The FG will only feel the pinch when you stop oil production. Think
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by adenigga(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2020
ugofulfilled:

And you are one of the future leaders of Nigeria

This is to corroborate the argument of WIKE.

We should thread softly in as much as we have fundamental right to protest, we should remember there is a limitations to even the ''rules of law''

SAGAY'S SUBMISSION!!!

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Monday enjoined Nigerian youths to put an end to the #EndSARS protest in the country following the intervention of President Muhammadu Buhari and the disbandment of the unit by the Inspector-General of Police (IGP).

Sagay who said the protest is being hijacked by hoodlums added that having done what the youths requested, the federal government may be have no choice than to forcefully put and end to the protests if the youths continue.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Sagay said having proven to be a listening government, the youths should be satisfied with the steps taken by the government and suspend the protests.

According to him, continuing the protests after all that has been done by the government may be as a ploy by the youths to destabiliise the country using #EndSARS as a smokescreen.

He said "My observation is that hoodlums are already hijacking the protests. The IGP has already disbanded the SARS. So, it no longer exists officially as a unit. The youths refused to stop protesting, they said they wanted the President to issue an Executive Order dissolving it. Executive Orders are not used for that purpose".

"Executive Orders are lawmaking instruments to make laws, just like National Assembly will make a law, although this type of Executive Order is below that level. It wouldn't have been an appropriate thing to do".

"But it's as if the President is listening, he now came and made this address in which he accepted everything the youths are asking for. He went on to even say that the squad people who are responsible for various harmful and illegal activities will be identified and dealt with. To me, that should be the end of the matter".

" I believe the youths should be satisfied at this stage. If the youths still come out tomorrow again, then it will look as if the whole demonstration has a hidden agenda for which EndSARS is being used as a cover. It will seem there is an agenda to disturb the stability of the country and engage in activities that may be along the line of #RevolutionNow which itself is the highest crime in our constitution".

"In such a situation, the government will have no choice than to bring an end to it and nobody will be able to complain then".

"This is what they were doing in Hongkong for nine months. They got all that they want in Hongkong but they refused and continued protesting; they stopped all commercial activities; stopped flying in and out of Hongkong and paralysed all activities until the Chinese stepped in and were forced to pass the law, completely suspended their rights, and now they are complaining".

"So, our youths must know how far they should go. Since they have gotten more than they want, at this stage, everyone should quietly go back to their homes and not continue obstructing the highways, disturbing commercial activities in the state".

"Otherwise, it could give rise to much more serious consequences which they themselves will not be happy about" Sagay said.

https://www.independent.ng/

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by akinmusi(m): 9:31am On Oct 13, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

At this juncture

I have seen you.

Thanks
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by LostAddict1: 9:32am On Oct 13, 2020
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Blocking the roads will only affect our brothers and sister. You don't find our leaders on the road, they are in airplanes and helicopters.

The FG will only feel the pinch when you stop oil production. Think

This also to make the elderly population know what is happening and stand with us to face the predators, and oppressors in government. We also blocked the airport road yesterday.
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by QuintessentialW: 9:40am On Oct 13, 2020
PassingShot:

No way! That's the same endless tactic used on ASUU, NLC and many other unions in Nigeria! NOTHING IS EVER EFFECTED!

WE'RE NOT STOPPING THE PROTESTS UNTIL OUR DEMANDS HAVE BEEN MET!

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by King44(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2020
PassingShot:

The reform has to be done quickly once the protest is put on hold then we would be back to where we started from.

The government don't rate us

They think it is the normal shout and after one week Nigerian youths would go to sleep like before. So instead of waiting to see them dish us empty promises on a platter of gold we protest until the right thing is done.

One day it would be the turn of those benefiting from the current system but for now it is reform police and justice to victims of police brutality when these two had been met we rest.

No police has been brought to justice despite the killings during protest, that shows they are waiting for us to loose guard so they would be back to their normal lying formats and unserious approach.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by King44(m): 9:46am On Oct 13, 2020
adenigga:

This is to corroborate the argument of WIKE.

We should thread softly in as much as we have fundamental right to protest, we should remember there is a limitations to even the ''rules of law''

SAGAY'S SUBMISSION!!!

Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Monday enjoined Nigerian youths to put an end to the #EndSARS protest in the country following the intervention of President Muhammadu Buhari and the disbandment of the unit by the Inspector-General of Police (IGP).

Sagay who said the protest is being hijacked by hoodlums added that having done what the youths requested, the federal government may be have no choice than to forcefully put and end to the protests if the youths continue.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Sagay said having proven to be a listening government, the youths should be satisfied with the steps taken by the government and suspend the protests.

According to him, continuing the protests after all that has been done by the government may be as a ploy by the youths to destabiliise the country using #EndSARS as a smokescreen.

He said "My observation is that hoodlums are already hijacking the protests. The IGP has already disbanded the SARS. So, it no longer exists officially as a unit. The youths refused to stop protesting, they said they wanted the President to issue an Executive Order dissolving it. Executive Orders are not used for that purpose".

"Executive Orders are lawmaking instruments to make laws, just like National Assembly will make a law, although this type of Executive Order is below that level. It wouldn't have been an appropriate thing to do".

"But it's as if the President is listening, he now came and made this address in which he accepted everything the youths are asking for. He went on to even say that the squad people who are responsible for various harmful and illegal activities will be identified and dealt with. To me, that should be the end of the matter".

" I believe the youths should be satisfied at this stage. If the youths still come out tomorrow again, then it will look as if the whole demonstration has a hidden agenda for which EndSARS is being used as a cover. It will seem there is an agenda to disturb the stability of the country and engage in activities that may be along the line of #RevolutionNow which itself is the highest crime in our constitution".

"In such a situation, the government will have no choice than to bring an end to it and nobody will be able to complain then".

"This is what they were doing in Hongkong for nine months. They got all that they want in Hongkong but they refused and continued protesting; they stopped all commercial activities; stopped flying in and out of Hongkong and paralysed all activities until the Chinese stepped in and were forced to pass the law, completely suspended their rights, and now they are complaining".

"So, our youths must know how far they should go. Since they have gotten more than they want, at this stage, everyone should quietly go back to their homes and not continue obstructing the highways, disturbing commercial activities in the state".

"Otherwise, it could give rise to much more serious consequences which they themselves will not be happy about" Sagay said.

https://www.independent.ng/
The police has not been reformed and justice has not been served people were killed and those police officers who did it are still out there.

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Youngzedd(m): 10:11am On Oct 13, 2020
seunmsg:

Was the SARS unit created by executive order?

We need to be more realistic at this point. SARS has been disbanded and that is no longer in doubt. The leaders of the protest should sit down with the leadership of the police force to discuss whatever is left of their demands that are yet to be met.

I will suggest the protest is put on hold today to enable meaningful engagement. We all want reform but reform can’t be done overnight. Let’s engage the police force and draw a realistic time frame for them to reform the force. No point making unnecessary demands like an executive order or gazetting of SARS disbandment.

Same SARS that was banned in 2017, 2018 and 2019

It's audio as usual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by tot(f): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2020
PassingShot:

Please go on with the protest. Anyone begging you guys not to continue with it after the original demand has been met is high on codine.

By all means, you guys should carry on and let's see how it ends.

Senior zombie has come out of retirement. Heya, the heat must be much cheesy
Mschew
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by tot(f): 10:48am On Oct 13, 2020
King44:
The police has not been reformed and justice has not been served people were killed and those police officers who did it are still out there.

Exactly. There can't be peace without justice.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by RexTramadol1: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2020
seunmsg:

Was the SARS unit created by executive order?

We need to be more realistic at this point. SARS has been disbanded and that is no longer in doubt. The leaders of the protest should sit down with the leadership of the police force to discuss whatever is left of their demands that are yet to be met.

I will suggest the protest is put on hold today to enable meaningful engagement. We all want reform but reform can’t be done overnight. Let’s engage the police force and draw a realistic time frame for them to reform the force. No point making unnecessary demands like an executive order or gazetting of SARS disbandment.

Quite sensible

1 Like

Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by smogjoe(m): 11:45am On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:

First of all, David Adeleke speaks for himself and himself alone. When the government is ready to dialogue with the youths, the would hold a roundtable discussion. I can tell what we have achieved, we have gotten the attention of the government, and the International media to let them know that we are suffering, and smiling in this country. Reformation can take time no doubt but the FG and the Ministry of Police Affairs, should listen to our demands and give us a laid process of how they want the reforms to take place.
That will happen when you are able to bring forward your complains constructively. Don't forget that so many distractions comes with protest. In as much as you are seeking a reform, call onto the leaders of these protestors to come up with one voice and consult the legislative leaders, executives and the admistative leaders, by then we will move the reformation cause faster.. When people die in protest, it says bad of our attitude as individuals too
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by smogjoe(m): 11:48am On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:

Round table discussion with who??
You representatives right? Not You..why not call those reps now and make your complains yo them with better checks so that you can be sure they have got your backs..
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
In Nigeria as in many other countries - there are 6 kinds of citiziens
1: The Poor Masses - unemployable and desperately impoverished
2: The Struggling Youths - Employable but desperately hustling in the heat/rain and thunder
3: The Comfortable Youths - Those staying at home watching the protest to save their destinies from behind a keyboard
4: The Working Middle-Class - The class that sustains 3-2-1 of Nigerians and are at the brink of extinction on the food chain
5: The Wealthy - Those who feel that they cannot be touched even when they can be seen and heard and the road to their houses are well known
6: The hopeless Masses - aka Festus Keyamo, Lai Mohammed, Femi Adeshina, Lauretta Onochie etc

Of all those coming out to protest are the #1 and #2, those who ignore the larger issue which is police reform are the ones on every Nairaland thread asking for the protests to stop since FSARS have been disbanded (for the 8th time in 3yrs of Buhari's regime). They are the ones who believe that The negative effects of corruption will never touch them until it does... just like a former governor who died of covid19

The last set of Nigerians are the Hopeless ones whose sense of reasoning and logic has either been consumed by their own stupidity, religion or ethnic selfishness.

There is a reason why the Arewa North will not register a single protest against anything in the North
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by unscripted(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
LostAddict1:

Victory can't be achieved by giving your oppressor the slightest chance to oppress you further. Past governments have dissolved Sars before and new ones re-started it this time it is different. Until we get a sort of an executive order from the President then we haven't started winning the fight. Also, our demands haven't been met, so how then can we call the protests quits?
bro i agree with you , I have changed my stand , let's move from End Sars to restructure nigeria , let's not waste this energy ..
Re: Bashir Ahmed Says Executive Order Not Needed To Disband Squad by OlujobaSamuel: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
seeker121:
From fed poly Ilaro banking and finance department PT 2007/2009 set
Hmmmmmmm, seems you Sabi me wella.
Will try respond to your mail as soon as I can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn / Kano Assembly ‘bows To Pressure’, Suspends Probe Of Ganduje / Three Bandit Groups Participated In Kuriga Students Abduction, Received Ransom –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.