Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest (15755 Views)

Labour Party State Chairmen Pass Vote Of Confidence On Julius Abure / Pictures From Labour Party's Rally In Osun State / Photos From Labour Party Meeting In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by References1: 7:38pm On Feb 21
Arrested By Police, DSS, Two Days To Party Governorship Primaries
labour party

STATEMENT FROM THE LABOUR PARTY

Heavy crowd of protesters on Wednesday besieged the Zone 5 headquarters of the Police Command in Benin City over the arrest of the National Chairman of the Labour Party, Barrister Julius Abure.

Also arrested was the state chairman of the party, Kelly Ogbaloi.

The Labour Party on Tuesday had a very successful delegate election in Benin ahead of the Party Primaries scheduled to hold on Friday. The party chairman only this morning along with party governorship aspirants also kept a scheduled security briefing with the Department of the State Security. Abure was however arrested after the meeting by a combined team of DSS and Police officers. Abure, Ogbaloi and their aides were also manhandled.

Effort by some party leaders to have access to the Zone 5 headquarters was turned down due to the huge crowd of party supporters who were expressing their displeasure over the arrest of Abure.

However, a Police source informed the party officials and other governorship aspirants at the gate of the police headquarters that the arrest was in connection to a protest letter by one of the expelled member of the party loyal to Apapa dissident camp.

The source also confirmed that the arrest was not unconnected to the ongoing party primary and the possible candidate that will emerge which the state government is vehemently opposed to.

He informed that the arrest was to frustrate the primary process and possibly interrupt the party’s participation in the governorship election.

The Deputy National Chairman of the Party, Dr. Ayo Olurunfemi in video post said that no form of intimidation from the highest quarters can stop the party from concluding the process leading to the emergence of the Labour Party government in the state.

SIGN

Obiora Ifoh
National Publicity Secretary
Labour Party

21-02-2024

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Hezzyluv: 7:39pm On Feb 21
Nigeria problem na follow come. Before now, lots of people don't know a political party called LP. But now, people don know them, see the corruption and wahala wahala in the party upanda. undecided

E sure me die sey, even if Obi na the president, these guys (Abure and Apata factions) no go behave themselves. Infect, na them go even frustrate the guy sef.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Jogs1900: 7:42pm On Feb 21
APC will just be observing PDP and PDP lite from afar..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Jostoman: 7:47pm On Feb 21
This is the work of APC, they know that PDP is doing their primary tomorrow and they dont want the winner to trend tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by EreluRoz: 7:50pm On Feb 21
See party that wants to save Nigeria smh.

When we say they are all the same they'll think we are hating. Embrace revolution now, it's the only way out.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by magoo10(m): 7:52pm On Feb 21
The police allowing themselves to be used at this point in time is very unfortunate.
Is this how they want to create the state police.

15 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Ance4Liverpool: 8:01pm On Feb 21
Police doesnt no that arresting abure can cause a heavy riot,mind u pple are just looking for small thing to start protesting.

9 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Frigga13: 8:04pm On Feb 21
Obviously someone is scared of labour.. and obidients..
.. definitely not PDP.. never known for dirty politics.

Nigerians should check on Asiwaju Tinubu the Yoruba god.. he has always been know for this..

Even ganduje can become a party chairman

Akpabio senate president

Tinubu President

Wike minister

.. walahi fa..

Abure is an innocent learner... .. no matter his suppose crime

19 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by LegendHero(m): 8:07pm On Feb 21
However, a Police source informed the party officials and other governorship aspirants at the gate of the police headquarters that the arrest was in connection to a protest letter by one of the expelled member of the party loyal to Apapa dissident camp.

The source also confirmed that the arrest was not unconnected to the ongoing party primary and the possible candidate that will emerge which the state government is vehemently opposed to.

Labour Party is so clueless that they blame everybody for their misfortune.

In one press statement, they blamed both Apapa and Obaseki at the same time.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Vinnie2000(m): 8:09pm On Feb 21
The Police that called Abure a Factional Chairman is VERY MAD. angry

Someone that 36 LP state chairmen gave a Vote of Confidence yesterday

That said, he should have stayed away from Edo guber polls.

It's a battle between PDP (Obaseki candidate) and PDP (Shuaibu).
The USELESS APC party is NOT even in the contest. embarassed undecided

5 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by LegendHero(m): 8:10pm On Feb 21
Frigga13:
Obviously someone is scared of labour.. and obidients..
.. definitely not PDP.. never known for dirty politics.

Nigerians should check on Asiwaju Tinubu the Yoruba god.. he has always been know for this..

Even ganduje can become a party chairman

Akpabio senate president

Tinubu President

Wike minister

.. walahi fa..

Abure is an innocent learner... .. no matter his suppose crime

Asgard, you should learn to read. Elupee74 party is blaming Obaseki for being behind the misfortune of the criminal Abure.

You guys don’t know clan is what determine governorship election in Nigeria. Which LP wan win for Edo governorship? You think LP will be able to use Islamization propaganda to campaign for Governor?

Going from one church to the other won’t win governorship since most people in Edo are Christian normally and the candidates are all xtian.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Vinnie2000(m): 8:18pm On Feb 21
LegendHero:

Asgard, you should learn to read. Elupee74 party is blaming Obaseki for being behind the misfortune of the criminal Abure.

You guys don’t know clan is what determine governorship election in Nigeria. Which LP wan win for Edo governorship? You think LP will be able to use Islamization propaganda to campaign for Governor?

Going from one church to the other won’t win governorship since most people in Edo are Christian normally and the candidates are all xtian.

You Sef, You no dey SHAME? embarassed

Over 2weeks When Ebola's HUNGER threads filled this forum, you Cowardly went into Hiding. sad

You see LP and Abure threads and Run back to start Running Mouth Everywhere! undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by fuckJones(f): 8:20pm On Feb 21
If sacrificing a virgin will make Nigeria 🇳🇬 BETTER, then Ayam ready to offer myself 😔😇😇

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by LegendHero(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21
Vinnie2000:

You Sef, You no dey SHAME? embarassed

Over 2weeks When Ebola's HUNGER threads filled this forum, you Cowardly went into Hiding. sad

You see LP and Abure threads and Run back to start Running Mouth Everywhere! undecided

Are you hungry and in need of food? Stop crying poor boy and go to work.

Before Tinubu, you have always been broke, and after Tinubu you will still be poor.

Vinnie2000:

My FAVOURITE Food used to be Beans and Fried Plantain but Last time I priced Plantain in my Hood, 6 pieces was N1000. sad

I Just Kukuma Lock up For now. undecided

So Peeps out There, DO YOU GUYS STILL COMFORTABLY COOK AND EAT UR FAVOURITE FOOD? smiley

Nplfmod.
This is your poor Obedient soul thinking twice before affording 1k food. You now suddenly think everyone get poor destiny as yours.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Vinnie2000(m): 8:41pm On Feb 21
LegendHero:

Are you hungry and in need of food? Stop crying poor boy and go to work.

Before Tinubu, you have always been broke, and after Tinubu you will still be poor.

This is your poor Obedient soul thinking twice before affording 1k food. You now suddenly think everyone get poor destiny as yours.

You lack SHAME and Principles!

You went to dig out my Thread to make Silly conclusions. cheesy

You are a Very Funny Boy! cheesy

U better Grow up and be a Man! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by LegendHero(m): 8:47pm On Feb 21
Vinnie2000:

You lack SHAME and Principles!

You went to dig out my Thread to make Silly conclusions. cheesy

You are a Very Funny Boy! cheesy

U better Grow up and be a Man! smiley

Lol poor boy asking me if I have shame.

I have always had shame on this forum and never tried to brokeshame or even relate with people on economics level.

But all you poor hungry Obedient kids believe everyone is suffering with tattered clothes like you folks.

I love pettiness. You are a poor boy who can't afford 1k food, so you should beg rather than project your poverty on others. Na you kuku quote me use your hand look for trouble.

Not that there is anything bad in being broke, but I find it nauseating that you that can't afford 1k food will be mocking another person for being poor. Isn't that ridiculous?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by chopnaira: 8:55pm On Feb 21
These idiots take Nigerians for fools 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Frigga13: 8:57pm On Feb 21
LegendHero:

I understand that part...

But the whole LP drama is deeper than what Nigerians are meant to understand

We both know that is all ploy to discredit LP as an opposition party.. unless you don’t want to be real to reality

Already Apc fans are doing that and systematically trying to robe in Obi .. who is not even a major threat to Tinubu Government..

Read through nairaland and other legit blogs, observe the tune since last week .. which is climaxing to the arrest of Abure .

Somebody in Apc headquarters is pulling this strings ..
the guy who claims to be assaulted with the petition belongs to Apapa fraction and has been quiet since December 2 week till February 13 when he chooses to petition.

This is Nigeria bro..
I’m not an obedient fan ..just pointing the ugly politics in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by LegendHero(m): 9:02pm On Feb 21
Frigga13:

I understand that part...

But the whole LP drama is deeper than what Nigerians are meant to understand

We both know that is all ploy to discredit LP as an opposition party.. unless you don’t want to be real to reality

Already Apc fans are doing that and systematically trying to robe in Obi .. who is not even a major threat to Tinubu Government..

Read through nairaland and other legit blogs, observe the tune since last week .. which is climaxing to the arrest of Abure .

Somebody in Apc headquarters is pulling this strings ..
the guy who claims to be assaulted with the petition belongs to Apapa fraction and has been quiet since December 2 week till February 13 when he chooses to petition.

This is Nigeria bro..
I’m not an obedient fan ..just pointing the ugly politics in Nigeria

You are not being honest bro.

The people dragging Abure on social media are mainly Labour Party influencers themselves. The word on the street is that Abure sabotaged Peter Obi and they think he is the real mole. I don't know what informed their thinking.

Few days ago, Olumide Akpata also raised an alarm about how Abure won't conduct primary election in Edo.

Ask yourself, which one is more beneficial to Tinubu? LP breaking apart or LP being peaceful?

Peter Obi was not a threat to Tinubu at any point, he is just a useful tool Tinubu is using indirectly. Dead the thought that Tinubu is trying to destabilize LP, what will be his benefit? If you say Tinubu destabilize PDP now, I will agree.

Lastly, Tinubu supporters are just mocking Obedients online as normal opposition mock eachother. If bad thing happen for APC too, Obedients will mock Tinubu supporters. Na normal thing.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by BOSSkesh(m): 9:08pm On Feb 21
This was the party a lot of Brainwashed people were willing to die for
The Saints party party without corruption
Just look at the disgrace they’ve turned themselves into
Labour Party won’t win any election mark this down

3 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by BOSSkesh(m): 9:09pm On Feb 21
Labour Party is a party of secondhand disgraced politicians
Party of liars and frauds covered in white clothing to give up an illusion

I laugh at them

2 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Obakoolex(m): 9:10pm On Feb 21
grin Eluu p from top to bottom because it's a party of saints.

Greatest illusion of the century.

1 Like

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21
Ok. Noted.
Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Jax1: 9:13pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
See party that wants to save Nigeria smh.

When we say they are all the same they'll think we are hating. Embrace revolution now, it's the only way out.

Typical Nigerian with an IQ of a tadpole. You Ain't ashamed you have a criminal and drug snorting senile idiot as president and bokoharam kingpin as vice. While party chairman was caught on camera stuffing dollars in his pocket through kickbacks.🤡

3 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Kay25(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21
What's obi doing on this matter?i expect a press conference,a peace talk organized by him but he won't be seen in that na opposition wey no stand he go dey do dey do condolences updan

1 Like

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by tuoyoojo(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21
Ok
Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Eriokanmi: 9:16pm On Feb 21
Hezzyluv:
Nigeria problem na follow come. Before now, lots of people don't know a political party called LP. But now, people don know them, see the corruption and wahala wahala in the party upanda. undecided

E sure me die sey, even if Obi na the president, these guys (Abure and Apata factions) no go behave themselves. Infect, na them go even frustrate the guy sef.
The hand is that of tinubu. Apapa is his boy. Don't tell us what we already know. Its effort in futility. All the corruption allegations are put together to disorganise LP but they've failed. Go and tell them.

LP is the last hope in Edo and they see the party as a threat. How they claimed abure possessed arms is still laughable grin. Edo people don't even want to hear apc with the level of hardship they've unleashed on Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by VinnyBaba: 9:16pm On Feb 21
Jax1:

Typical Nigerian with an IQ of a tadpole. You Ain't ashamed you have a criminal and drug snorting senile idiot as president and bokoharam kingpin as vice. While party chairman was caught on camera stuffing dollars in his pocket through kickbacks.🤡

U mean this? 🤔

1 Like

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Frigga13: 9:17pm On Feb 21
LegendHero:

You are not being honest bro.

The people dragging Abure on social media are mainly Labour Party influencers themselves. The word on the street is that Abure sabotaged Peter Obi and they think he is the real mole. I don't know what informed their thinking.

Few days ago, Olumide Akpata also raised an alarm about how Abure won't conduct primary election in Edo.

Ask yourself, which one is more beneficial to Tinubu? LP breaking apart or LP being peaceful?

Peter Obi was not a threat to Tinubu at any point, he is just a useful tool Tinubu is using indirectly. Dead the thought that Tinubu is trying to destabilize LP, what will be his benefit? If you say Tinubu destabilize PDP now, I will agree.

Lastly, Tinubu supporters are just mocking Obedients online as normal opposition mock eachother. If bad thing happen for APC too, Obedients will mock Tinubu supporters. Na normal thing.

Tor..

You make sense .. let’s assume without conceding.

As for me.. anything proven that will sort out this economic mess is welcomed . Not theory but practical.

Is getting real bad.. even the small change has turned chicken change ..

Lots of mouth to take care of ..

1 Like

Re: Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest by Patojargz: 9:19pm On Feb 21
Chai!!! Nothing is working under this useless government. The supporters that keep saying it will favor me and my family are nowhere 2 b found cos they're badly affected...

This Apc gangster ruling must stop ⛔
See as dem dey pour pepper 4 our eyes come still dey laugh us on top...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICC Invites Malami Over Shi'ites/Army Clash / Berhard Schlaghedz Visits Peter Obi At His Residence In Onitsha- PICTURES / #RevolutionNow: Oby Ezekwesili Slams Police For Calling Protest Unlawful March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.