Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

NYSC Oath Of Allegiance (read Carefully) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Oath Of Allegiance (read Carefully) (568 Views)

Insecurity: Tread Carefully – General Cautions NYSC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Oath Of Allegiance (read Carefully) by Ddone4: 5:37am On Oct 13, 2020
Many don't pay attention to the words they sign infact so don't see it and was signed by them.

Let us go over the NYSC Oath we all made with our fatherland, as we look at it carefully

Let us start by saying NYSC Oath is the document signed by every prospective corp members or graduate at the orientation camp in front of the chief justice of each state

Note, that is why it is called swearing in, often, we only T&C and I agree or like politicians just say the words without a reminder of this life long oath to the people and our dear nation Nigerian

In pursuance of our Aspiration to build a United, Peaceful, Prosperous, Hate-free, Egalitarian Society and a great Nation and of our motto “Service and Humility”.

I ..First name.., ..Middle name... ...Last name...
Member of the National Youth Service Corps 20..

Hereby pledge to follow at all the times the leadership of those in Authority irrespective of their social and educational background and in particular,

I shall:
(a) At all times and in all places think, act, regard myself and speak first as a Nigerian, before anything else;

(b) Be proud of the fatherland, appreciate and cherish the culture, the tradition, arts and language of the nation;

(c) Be prepared to serve honestly, faithfully and if need be, pay the supreme sacrifice for the fatherland;
my comment {what is the supreme sacrifice can this includes going to war for our nation}

(d) Be well-informed about the history, geography, economy and the resources of Nigeria;

(e) Regard fellow Nigerians as my brothers and sisters and myself as my brother’s keeper;

(f) Have a healthy attitude to work and play. I shall not only be ready to work in any part of the country to which I am deployed, but also genuinely identify myself with the problems and aspirations of the people of the area in which I work;

(g) Tackle difficulties and challenges in a disciplined and self-reliant manner, constitutionally pursuing grievances and properly channeling such for redress;

(h) See myself as a leader who must give effective leadership by my transparent, honest and selfless service;

(i) Detest and shun bribery and all forms of corruption and nepotism;

(j) Be courteous and polite to all and sundry;

(k) Be obedient without being slavish;
my comment {can this include forcing corper members for INEC work}

(l) Always remember the motto and strive continuously to live up to the ideals of the National Youth Service Corps during and after my service year.

So help me God:
AMEN
SWORN TO BEFORE THE CHIEF JUDGE OF ....... STATE OF NIGERIA AT THE NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE
CORPS ORIENTATION
CAMP ................
...... STATE
THIS ........... DAY OF
..Month... 20..

(Chief Judge of ...... State)

To know more and stay updated about NYSC simply join NYSCGroup on Telegram or by searching nyscmembers on Telegram

FOR 10 LESSS KNOWN FACT ABOUT NYSC CHECK HERE
Re: NYSC Oath Of Allegiance (read Carefully) by Ddone4: 5:39am On Oct 13, 2020
Posted on: https://corpers lodge.com/index.php?u=/topic/327/nysc-oath-of-allegiance-read-carefully

Pls close the space between corpers and lodge.com
Re: NYSC Oath Of Allegiance (read Carefully) by chatinent: 6:33am On Oct 13, 2020
Smiles.

Do they the makers of the oath abide by it?
Re: NYSC Oath Of Allegiance (read Carefully) by Ddone4: 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2020
chatinent:
Smiles.

Do they the makers of the oath abide by it?

LOL, that is abit harsh
Re: NYSC Oath Of Allegiance (read Carefully) by Ddone4: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
Don't forget part of the scheme have things to do with Nigeria military

(1) (Reply)

Batch B1 Ogun State Corpers Link Up Here / NYSC Batch B Stream II Online Registration Postponed. / *what To Do This New Week Batch C Stream I And Ii 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.