Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million (772 Views)

I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK / British Airways Cancels All Short-Haul Flights From Heathrow Over Huge IT Error / British Airways Plane's Nose Collapses At Heathrow Airport (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by PDPGuy: 6:20am On Oct 13, 2020
A 30-year-old British woman who was found carrying about 2 million pounds, or about $2.6 million, in several suitcases while traveling through a London airport could face up to 14 years in prison, The Sun reported on Friday.

Tara Hanlon was traveling through Heathrow Airport to Dubai when authorities discovered the money in her bags, The Sun said.

"This is the largest individual cash seizure at the border so far in 2020 and I am delighted with the efforts of Border Force officers," said Chris Philp, the UK's minister for immigration compliance and the courts, according to The Sun.

"Preventing the export of undeclared cash from the UK is a vital step in clamping down on organised criminal gangs," Philp added.

Hanlon was charged with money laundering and has a court date set for next month, The Sun reported.

https://www.insider.com/british-woman-detained-for-2-million-british-pounds-in-suitcase-2020-10
Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by kooldave: 6:21am On Oct 13, 2020
X
Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:26am On Oct 13, 2020
She's not even smart

1 Like

Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by chatinent: 6:27am On Oct 13, 2020
While somewhere in Africa, sb used a bullion van for his selfish gains and the FG of that country did nothing at all.

5 Likes

Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by money121(m): 6:38am On Oct 13, 2020
Money laundering

1 Like

Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by DICKstractor: 6:45am On Oct 13, 2020
cheesy

She's not a real nigga. One of the OGs here, the damn nigga guy would have done better
Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by longetivity(m): 7:39am On Oct 13, 2020
God bless you all

1 Like

Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 13, 2020
Something wey you go put inside your account first
Kon use am buy BTC undecided
These white people just have money they don't have OT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 14, 2020
ZIINI:
Something wey you go put inside your account first
Kon use am buy BTC undecided
These white people just have money they don't have OT

But btc or usdt.
Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by Cousin9999: 5:44am On Oct 14, 2020
It's really messed up that the government can just take your money because they decide it's "suspicious" or "too much." I understand why, and it's valid, but it still feels very wrong. It's your money. Imagine if they randomly took your car or shoes for the same reason. They should change the laws to be more fair in this way. I should be able to walk around with £50,000 of my own money if I feel like it. Who are you to dictate that to me?

1 Like

Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 14, 2020
Cousin9999:
It's really messed up that the government can just take your money because they decide it's "suspicious" or "too much." I understand why, and it's valid, but it still feels very wrong. It's your money. Imagine if they randomly took your car or shoes for the same reason. They should change the laws to be more fair in this way. I should be able to walk around with £50,000 of my own money if I feel like it. Who are you to dictate that to me?
Laws in foreign country is shit to me
I can't move freely with my own god damn money
Re: British Woman Arrested At Heathrow For Carrying $2.6 Million by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 14, 2020
Cousin9999:
Laws in foreign country is shit to me
I can't move freely with my own god damn money angry

(1) (Reply)

You Looking For Countries To Live A Better Life? Check This Out / Sweden Or Spain / You Can See The Whole Of Ibadan City From This Tower (bower's Tower Ibadan In 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.