Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation (30688 Views)

Six Policemen Feared Killed As Gunmen Attack Enugu Police Check Point / Over 300 Army/police Check-points Choking S-east —investigation / Eleme Youths Intercepted Stolen Ballot Box By Army, Police In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Kingrefreshed: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2020
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by HeadShot: 7:56am On Oct 13, 2020
Buhari is evil

Worse is once they sight armed robbers they run away....

7 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Coded081(m): 7:56am On Oct 13, 2020
too many problems for my eastern brothers
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Chidex50(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2020
EVERYTHING HIGHLIGHTED ABOVE IS NOTHING BUT THE PURE TRUTH.WITH THOSE SEVERAL ROAD BLOCKS, THERE ARE TRAFFIC ALL OVER ON DAILY BASES.WHAT HAVE WE EVEN GOTTEN OURSELVES INTO IN THE NAME OF A COUNTRY?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2020
Racoon:
See them? Instead of going to heavily militarized the NE & NW where bandits, unknown gunmen, BH terrorists are reigning supremely.Alas! They choose a peaceful region to lay siege.

They think they are oppressing the SE not knowing that they are allowing the deteriorating insecurity in these region to worsen some more.

2 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by chukadiho1(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2020
The level of extortion going on the south east roads is worrisome. Driving through u will just feel as there's war in the region. This is not right and must be curtailed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Emyogalanya: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2020
Fulani conquered territory. Upon all the noise made by Nnia nwodo

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by anochuko01(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2020
lkf
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Mutemenot(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2020
Op forgot to mention the numerous taxforce extorting road users in anambra state . They are even becoming worst than the police and army put together . Eastern states are in mess

9 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Farki: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2020
I wonder if these gallant soldiers and police put half the effort into extorting motorists in fighting terrorists we'd be done with Boko Haram by now.

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by FRANKLINJUNIOR1(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2020
THE RATE OF EXTORTION IS REALLY ALARMING. THE FG SHOULD SWING INTO ACTION OOH.
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Tumbulum: 7:59am On Oct 13, 2020
Its so worrisome that you can run hundreds of kilometers in the north ravaged with so much insecurity without meeting a checkpoint but for every two kilometres distance in the south east you will either be meeting army or police. We must begin to make amends in this country

3 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:00am On Oct 13, 2020
It's annoying. The last time I traveled from PH to Owerri with my bros, I counted about 24 Checkpoints. That is after the driver had dodged many of them. For an hour journey o! It is shameless what they do on our roads.

14 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by bobbybrown007: 8:03am On Oct 13, 2020
This is because there is no togetherness with the south east governors, they are the chief security officers of their respective states. they have the power to stop all these road blocks.

10 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Terrrenceking001(m): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2020
I weep for my region.

3 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Junkelie: 8:05am On Oct 13, 2020
Odunayomi247:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/over-300-army-police-check-points-choking-s-east-investigation/

We can manage that of Army but police?!!!.... They are massively extorting the masses. Okada riders in the villages are shading blood. HELP!!!

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Sagefromtheeast: 8:06am On Oct 13, 2020
I think it's more than 300 points...
I'm sure it's more!

10 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by RuddyFusion(m): 8:07am On Oct 13, 2020
This is the truth.....the check points on Southeast roads and the extortions within also by security agents are just too much.....

6 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 13, 2020
Over 500 from Sagamu to Asaba. Just to oppress Umu Chineke but God pass dem.

8 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Redcrafton: 8:07am On Oct 13, 2020
I blame the weak leaders of the region for this problem.

The uninspired leaders told ipob to relax, that they would take their problem to the federal government, but they have not done anything.

Now I blame the youths of the region for allowing this to continue.

If the leaders are adamant, let the people protest simultaneously in all the towns and cities in the region....in House of assemblies, government houses and houses of the so call leaders.

If this is sustained for days and weeks, the world would notice, like they did with #EndSARS, and the extortion, harassment, stealing will end.

6 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Ebenezar2021: 8:09am On Oct 13, 2020
cool
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Coldie(m): 8:09am On Oct 13, 2020
There's nothing wrong with the check points just that extortion should stop
Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Dannyozs(m): 8:09am On Oct 13, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
[s]That is too much.

But while we are at this,
Can Vanguard also help Nigerians to make count of the various police check points in all the Western, Southern and Northern states in Nigeria?
So we can have the basis for comparison.

Now, that will be balanced journalism.
Cos this sounds more like one-sided journalism.
The world have gone pass this kind of Journalism reporting.
My wise opinion.....

#ThisTooMustSTOP ....... all over Nigeria.[/s]

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Leemekzy: 8:10am On Oct 13, 2020
Praktikals:
Thats what you get when you refuse to use your head. Nnamdi Cow-nu that brought this on them is outside the country jumping from one olosho to another. I still dont understand how a tribe that claims to be the smartest in Nigeria will allow a non entity like Cownu to put them into so much problem
keep quiet get your facts right before you start posting trash. this has been the situation right before obasanjo became president

2 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by jcross19: 8:10am On Oct 13, 2020
Northern are afraid of south eastern of what they will become!!!! northern have lost their region chaos because they know how precious south eastern is to them.

3 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 13, 2020
bobbybrown007:
This is because there is no togetherness with the south east governors, they are the chief security officers of their respective states. they have the power to stop all these road blocks.

Governors have no power to control the military. Governors are mostly figure heads.

5 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Unified07: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2020
The type of money made by those police and army check points runs in hundreds of thousands daily that's why transportation fare in IMO STATE IS DAMN HIGH

1 Like

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:12am On Oct 13, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
That is too much.

Can Vanguard also help Nigerians to make count of the various police check points in all the Western, Southern and Northern states in Nigeria?

My wise opinion.....

#ThisTooMustSTOP ....... all over Nigeria.
Vulturebbqgrills, this is your new moniker?

2 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by Rodwave: 8:12am On Oct 13, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
That is too much.

My wise opinion.....

#ThisTooMustSTOP ....... all over Nigeria.

If you have ever been to South East you will understand. What security agencies are doing here is abominable and regrettable. There's no justification for this.

6 Likes

Re: Over 300 Army/Police Check-Points Choking South-East — Investigation by OneKinGuy(m): 8:13am On Oct 13, 2020
SE is the only region that fought the entire federation for 30 months. I think they don't wanna take any chances again.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate: Igbo Senators Lobby APC / Shekau’s Wife Killed In Air Force Strike / Abba Abbey Gidan Haki Kidnapped And Killed By His Ex Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.