Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,441 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months (14916 Views)

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu / Garba Shehu: Using Tax From Herdsmen, Farmers To Subsidise Petrol Unfair / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by ProfAmaben(m): 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Funkybabee:

I never heard if not I won't quote you. so tell us more
So asking if someone is okay is the best way to get information? Oma se o.
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by farem: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
dre11:

DAILY TRUST

The committee also decided on distributing six million meters to Nigerians free of charge, in an accelerated mass metering programme

I assure everyone Katsina state will have 1.5 million units of those meters. The last FG palliatives sharing, they got a whopping 25 percent of the whole nation.
#TheParasiteNorth
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Funkybabee(f): 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
ProfAmaben:

So asking if someone is okay is the best way to get information? Oma se o.

no, wondering abt your sai baba hailing is what I think it's not okay
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by farem: 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
W
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by ProfAmaben(m): 2:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
Funkybabee:

no, wondering abt your sai baba hailing is what I think it's not okay

Okay o! Buhari came out in 2015, Yorubas voted massively for him. He came out in 2019, you Yorubas still came out and gave him massive votes. I'm very sure that if he comes out in 2023, you people would still give him massive votes, so join me in hailing your master.
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Jeffyblaq(m): 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Buhari still remains the best president Nigeria has ever had. The man has integrity and has the masses at heart. Although he has his shortcomings like every human, he is generally good.

It was announced on Brekete family this morning that if you are a artisan or wanna start a business, you have 50,000 naira for you plus free CAC registration. If in Abuja, kindly go to the human rights radio galadimawa tomorrow morning for this opportunity.

Sai Baba!
Sorry

1 Like

Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Franky9584(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
My concern is ....how will they re-imbursed me?
Am curious here...somebody should Tel me
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
fraud as usual - these ignoramuses think we are all fulls like their Buharists
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Mpanyi: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
All these nonsense talks no dey reflect for outrageous bills wey person dey pay for prepaid since more than one month ago
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 13, 2020
VAT INCREASE ITSELF IS CRIMINAL
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Funkybabee(f): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Okay o! Buhari came out in 2015, Yorubas voted massively for him. He came out in 2019, you Yorubas still came out and gave him massive votes. I'm very sure that if he comes out in 2023, you people would still give him massive votes, so join me in hailing your master.

I have know the answer to my question
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by ronjones: 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
ecolime:
Hmm

While the Youths are protesting against SARS. The government sees it as a distraction for us and an opportunity for the senate to confirm lopsided appointments and appoint crazy people like Lauretta.

Lets not get carried away.

Funny, if the youths are seated at home, that does not stop the govt appointments. Trust politicians at your own peril.
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by meditator(m): 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2020
osamz007:
e no stop the fact say BUHARI dey very stupid. and he's still a dullard
He still remains your President
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Ebenezar2021: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
ecolime:
Hmm

While the Youths are protesting against SARS. The government sees it as a distraction for us and an opportunity for the senate to confirm lopsided appointments and appoint crazy people like Lauretta.

Lets not get carried away.
punch newspaper is now a propaganda machinery used by the opposition
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by katsim(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
How many units will #2,000 be on prepaid meter
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by FarahAideed: 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2020
Afamed:

Keep quiet, you should ask your PDP who willingly dashed their sidechicks the distribution companies in the fist place.
Use your sense for once.
PDP started it Nigeria limited

So Tinubu and co are now PDP side chicks ?

1 Like

Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Kennitrust(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
And after 3months...?
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Alawode01(m): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
check your bill to the last month its reduce or increase in current charges,our own increase,who are deceive.
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by benedictuyi(m): 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
This is just robbing Peter to pay Paul.
How does this solve anything?
So all the monies that have been collected from VAT that should be used to do something better and more productive is now used to apply cosmetics to injury
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Prechy08(m): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
na lie ooo my NEPA bill yesterday na die. NEPA wan rake in 97k for my compound.
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by BigBizzy(m): 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
Another lie again..... massive payout and looting looming
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Thetruthalways: 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
jmoore:
Another conduit pipe for corruption.

Subsidy for a paltry 5,000 megawatts.

How can you subsidize something that is not even sustaining us?

August 2020, Nigeria achieved 5,420.30 MW in the
national grid, the highest in history
Transmission Company of Nigeria was proud of this
announcement. This type of records are not the ones
you blow with trumpet.
National grid has been swinging between 4,000+ MW
and below for years.

4,517 megawatts was attained on December 23, 2012.
4,545 megawatts was attained on July 13, 2015.
5 years later, an addition of 1,000 MW approximately
is not something to be celebrated.
We need a quantum leap in solving the power
problems of Nigeria.
Egypt added 25,000 megawatts (MW) of new power
stations to their national electricity grid during the
period from June 2014 to June 2018. Got that? 25,000
MW in just 4 years.

In October 2018, project consortium partners Siemens,
Elsewedy Electric and Orascom Construction officially
unveiled one of the largest combined cycle
megaprojects in Beni Suef,
Egypt. The teams completed three plants totalling
14,400 MW in a record time of 27.5 months at the
cost of €6 billion.

With all this grammar, one will think you understood the news...
Please read it again and come back and see what you posted...if you don't still get it, get someone that will comprehend and make you understand... Thank you grin grin
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Originalsly: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
Why subsidize? .... for 3 months? That's agreeing that the new tariffs are in effect... the company will be paid for the following 3 months by the FG... and after by the consumers. So what is the purpose of the negotiations after the matter is settled? Why not allow the old tariffs to remain in effect? These people should be kicked out of office.
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Sunnyja: 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
dre11:

DAILY TRUST
VAT was increased only to use the proceeds for subsidy payment! What kind of economics is this?!
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by abbasajao(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
And what happens after 3 months?
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by newaspiration: 3:23pm On Oct 13, 2020
The Committee has done a great job with the extension. Please help me beg Ikeja electric to release and install the single face prepaid meter I paid for since 27/5/2020 via ARN IEPZS3785. Despite all my email correspondence to customercare@ikejaelectric.com, they have refusef to update me on the status of the meter
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Africanamania: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
This morning,I received a bill of 14000 naira for august by BEDC,is the three months not covering august?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lies
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Afamed: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
FarahAideed:

So Tinubu and co are now PDP side chicks ?
Which of the Discos is owned by Tinubu?
This boy ehhhhhh.
You are always being clever by half
I am not surprised, Tinubu is the reason you have not impregnated your wife
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by seguno2: 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
davidodiba:
Hmmm...nice move

Using VAT that is 55% paid by Lagosians into the federation account for the 36 states electricity is nice?
Do you know what you mean by that
Re: FG To Use VAT Proceeds To Subsidise Electricity Tariff For 3 Months by Alwaysachick: 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
Story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"APC Turns Cashapp With Sales Of Party Forms Estimated At Over ₦100 Billion" / Boko-Haram Using Fake Military Uniforms - Beware / Agbakogba Wants Clarifications On China-nigeria Bilateral Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.