Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

I Never Went To IGP To Deny Protesting In Abuja – Davido - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Never Went To IGP To Deny Protesting In Abuja – Davido (280 Views)

EndSARS: Davido Reacts To His Denial Of Protesting In Leaked Video / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Protesting In 2010 With Dele Momodu, Charly Boy.Throwback / Michael Ozigbo To Tonto Dikeh: "I Never Went To Jail Because Of Churchill" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Went To IGP To Deny Protesting In Abuja – Davido by Ababbio: 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
Popular Nigerian hip-pop singer David Adeleke better known as Davido, has said, he never went to met the Inspector General of Police(IGP) to deny protesting against police brutality and extortion in the ongoing nationwide #EndSARS protest.

Recall the singer and his crew meet with the IGP and police spokesman Frank Mba at the force headquaters in Abuja, on Monday.

Daivido said, he didn’t go out to join the #EndSARS protest.

He, however said, people coated him out of context during the meeting with the police boss, adding that he was trying to explained that, he was at the protest not to cause any trouble or fight, but in solidarity with every Nigerian demanding an end to police brutality.

Davido said, he also explained to the police PRO Frank MBA that his intention to leave Lagos for Abuja was not to lead protest as many had taught.

The singer said, he was invited by the IGP to Abuja for a stakeholders meeting, and that was the reason for his trip.

He commended those castigating him for denying protesting during the meeting with the police boss in Abuja.

He added that, Mr. Mba had seen videos and pictures of him alongside other Nigerians protesting in solidarity, which was why he(Mr.MBA) asked him if he was in Abuja to led #EndSARS protest because he knew that was not the plan.

Davido said, that was why he had to explain how he got involved with protesters and led them to the force headquarters, so that he could dialogue with the officers incharge who were accused of effecting arrests.

He added, that he was there to ensure all protesters in the police detention were released, saying that was the reason for ‘I didn’t protest’ comments. He said, he is not afraid of the police or protest.

Read the statement by Davido below:

Source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/i-never-went-to-igp-to-deny-protesting-in-abuja-davido/

Re: I Never Went To IGP To Deny Protesting In Abuja – Davido by TecM0: 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
Davido did well, kudos to his lawyers
Re: I Never Went To IGP To Deny Protesting In Abuja – Davido by NoshakingGod(f): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2020
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Actress Eniola Badmus Debunks Reports That She Was Shot During Lekki Tollgate Ma / Comedian Dr Craze Breaks Down In Tears, Narrates How God Saved Him From Accident / Emanuella Buys House Worth N25 Million, Her Mum In Tears Of Joy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.