Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,123 members, 7,835,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Resist The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Resist The Devil (547 Views)

Please How Do I Resist The Devil? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Resist The Devil Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Resist The Devil by yommyuk: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2011
In Luke 4:1-13, we are told about how the devil tempted our Lord Jesus Christ 3 times and failed. Jesus "Triumphed" where Adam failed. Jesus Chist won the battle that 99% of the Isrealites lost in the wilderness including Moses. What an acheivement! How was he able to do it?

Let us look at the 2nd Temptation

Luke 4:9
Then the devil took him to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the temple, and said, If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say,
He will order his angels to protect and guard you. And they will hold you up with their hands so you won't hurt your foot on a stone!"

What a deceit! The devil quoted Psalms 91:11-12 to Jesus citing a passage that assures God's people of his protection. Jesus knew the scheme that the Devil was trying to ploy. That is why Jesus reply was not on the action but on the motive. Luke 4:12 Jesus responded, "The Scriptures also say,'You must not test the Lord you God.'" ---  The devil key strategy was to "TEST" Christ resolve when he was at his weakest point.

Satan tempted Jesus to bypass his Father's plan of salvation by asking Jesus to take power and glory for himself. The forty day temptation in the wilderness parallels Israel's forty years of testing in the wilderness. Israel failed when tested, but Jesus was victorious.

Israel complained constantly about hunger in the wilderness, but Jesus depended on God's strength to sustain him. As Christians anytime we find ourselves complaining about worldly things, recognise that the evil one is at work. For he is the commander of the powers in the unseen world that is at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God (Eph 2:2). When Satan shows up (HE WILL), tell him exactly what Jesus said in John 14:30-31 "I don't have much time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power of you and me, but I WILL DO WHAT THE FATHER REQUIRES OF ME, so that the world (Satan) will know that I love the father. Come, let's get going (Meaning Move on) cool

CONCLUSION

1 John 5:18-19
We know that God's children do not make a pratice of sinning, for God's Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them. We know that we are the Children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one"

We have to be aware of the evil one and his scheme by giving him to foothold in our life. His presence is unavoidable but the bible promises us in John 16:11"Judgement will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged.------ >>>>Fret Not

God bless wink

"

(1) (Reply)

Follow Up Pastor Chris Live Online: Receive Words From Him Now: / What Would You Like God To Help You With: / Is It Ok To Sell Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.