Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Please How Do I Resist The Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please How Do I Resist The Devil? (9619 Views)

Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Resist The Devil / Resist The Devil Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by jidowu84: 1:13am On Dec 30, 2012
According to the book of James 4:7. How do I submit to God and Resist the devil and make d devil flee. Pls somebody should enlighten me.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by obalola7: 1:34am On Dec 30, 2012
jidowu84: According to the book of James 4:7. How do I submit to God and Resist the devil and make d devil flee. Pls somebody should enlighten me.

When you pray you are submitting to God. Prayer put us in the presence of God and thereby take us away from the thought of sin. Then we also need to read the bible too. The bible is the word of God needed to counter every evil thought, imagination or occurrence. Just like the bible said, and they over come by the blood of the lamb"11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." (Revelation 12:11)

Just as Jesus did before he started his ministry. The bible made us to understand that he went into the wilderness to pray for 40 days and nights and when he had finished praying and fasting, the devil came tempting him. He was able to overcome, because he (is) knows the word of God. (Matthew 4:1-11)

1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by advocate666: 2:06am On Dec 30, 2012
jidowu84: According to the book of James 4:7. How do I submit to God and Resist the devil and make d devil flee. Pls somebody should enlighten me.

Please read the whole bible and your eyes will open.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 4:01am On Dec 30, 2012
The only way u can become resistant is having the Holy Spirit, without dat u can do nothing

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 30, 2012
Lai si emi ofo Le'niyan bere Jesu yio fun o…
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by advocate666: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
shol: Lai si emi ofo Le'niyan bere Jesu yio fun o…

Can you please respect yourself here?
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by jidowu84: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2013
advocate666:

Please read the whole bible and your eyes will open.
ar u kidding me?
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by jidowu84: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2013
Thank you so much. God bless u.

When you pray you are submitting to God. Prayer put us in the presence of God and thereby take us away from the thought of sin. Then we also need to read the bible too. The bible is the word of God needed to counter every evil thought, imagination or occurrence. Just like the bible said, and they over come by the blood of the lamb"11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." (Revelation 12:11)

Just as Jesus did before he started his ministry. The bible made us to understand that he went into the wilderness to pray for 40 days and nights and when he had finished praying and fasting, the devil came tempting him. He was able to overcome, because he (is) knows the word of God. (Matthew 4:1-11)

1Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by jidowu84: 10:19am On Jan 03, 2013
Thanks to all dat have contributed to dis thread. God bless u all. IJN. But dia is a real life issues dat bothers me for some years now. It is COBWEBS issue. I do experience this webs on my face even in a banking hal
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by advocate666: 10:21am On Jan 03, 2013
jidowu84:
ar u kidding me?

no
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by jidowu84: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2013
Pls it is COBWEBS issue o. I experience it even in d banking hall. I have prayed, fast etc. Yet I still experience it. Pls I need to be free from owu alantakun.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by obalola7: 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
jidowu84: Pls it is COBWEBS issue o. I experience it even in d banking hall. I have prayed, fast etc. Yet I still experience it. Pls I need to be free from owu alantakun.

What is it about COBWEBS?
detail information will be needed for people to be able to render assistance or advice
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by David2wise(m): 10:37am On Jan 04, 2013
Be Born Again dat al.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Image123(m): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
Be genuinely born again, and free from sin. With that you have faith and confidence to approach God and the devil/and his colleagues. Whenever you see the cobwebs, simply tear them apart and go your way. There is no enchantment against a true child of God. They are preparing to fall for your sake. If you are a true child of God, be very happy. God is preparing a table for you IN THE PRESENCE of the enemy.
Isa 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by jidowu84: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2013
obalola7:

What is it about COBWEBS?
detail information will be needed for people to be able to render assistance or advice
When one is in d banking hall or walking on d main road where you are nt d only one passing and webs still cover one face.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2013
To Resist the Devil is to Resist your base natural emotions. The Devil is not responsible for what was born when Man was created. God was thrown back in shock and surprise when he said and i quote

Genesis 6:5 The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.

Mark 7:20-22 And He was saying, "That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness

Stop blaming the devil for your own evil nature.. blame God because

Romans 8:7 The carnal mind is enmity (hostile) against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.”
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: To Resist the Devil is to Resist your base natural emotions. The Devil is not responsible for what was born when Man was created. God was thrown back in shock and surprise when he said and i quote

Stop blaming the devil for your own evil nature.. blame God because

Kwo!
See as devil dey quote Bible. Lager my man!
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Richfella:

Kwo!
See as devil dey quote Bible. Lager my man!

e don tay wey we dey waka the earth grin grin grin
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by jidowu84: 11:05am On Aug 07, 2013
So it's possible to be born again(Means u have holy spirit abi?) and still
experience devilish manipulations. ?
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Image123(m): 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
jidowu84: So it's possible to be born again(Means u have holy spirit abi?) and still
experience devilish manipulations. ?

yes, but it's absurd for a christian to be overcome by such. Hven being programmed for victory, overcoming, and being more than conquerors by Jesus Christ.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

e don tay wey we dey waka the earth grin grin grin

Bad guy. I be your #1 fan for this NL. Very few people generally 'get it' the way you do.

They don't make 'em like that no more.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by jidowu84: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2013
Hhhhmm... Deep breath
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Wizemmanuel(m): 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
Be of good cheer for i have overcome the world.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
jidowu84: Pls it is COBWEBS issue o. I experience it even in d banking hall. I have prayed, fast etc. Yet I still experience it. Pls I need to be free from owu alantakun.
There's nothing you can do about this. You're bound for life. All you can do now is attempt to endure the binders' bonds. Goodluck. Cobwebs ko, cowbells ni.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Image123(m): 2:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
fresh_dude: There's nothing you can do about this. You're bound for life. All you can do now is attempt to endure the binders' bonds. Goodluck. Cobwebs ko, cowbells ni.

may you not see problem.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2013
There are many ways but here are a few:

1. The bible says flee all appearances of evil. Flee anything that can lead to sin/ temptation.
2. Use the word of God
3. Prayer
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by nijanigga: 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
"Boko Haram kill 12 soldiers, 7 policemen in separate attacks in Borno Says JTF boss -PREMIUM TIMES"

source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-kill-12-soldiers-7-policemen-separate-attacks-borno-says-jtf-boss-premium-times
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Drseno1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
prayer nah and run away frm temptations
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by priscaoge(f): 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
*Comes in,quietly sits down with М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Bible and Bible class notebook,Reading comments and commenting None*
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by seedord247(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
It means you are born to be a spider man not the devil.
Re: Please How Do I Resist The Devil? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
To resist the devil, don't believe in him and discipline yourself against bad stuffs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'jesus' Was As Black As Wesley Snipes, So Were The Jews / Is It True Dat God Does Nt Hear D Prayer Of A Sinner.... / What's Your Favourite Prayer Posture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.