Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,336 members, 7,954,380 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:52 PM

IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ (38264 Views)

DSS Deploys Operatives To Arrest Godwin Emefiele On Sight - Peoples Gazette / Orlu Clash: Nnamdi Kanu Orders ESN Operatives To Cease Fire, Return To Forests / Police Commission 'Pencils-Down' 37 Ex-SARS Officers For Dismissal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by sportFX: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
nextstep:
So 8 years from now we will be crying "end SWAT" abi?
Different name, same criminals. angry angry

We have always had swat in Nigeria police for decades.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by rotadeco27: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
Since no new people are recruited for the Swat , it is still recycling of the same SARS just with different code name.
The next level now is any SWAT member that does nonsense should see nonsense. Any extra judicial killing should be given jungle justice with immediate effect! If the the government seems to be insensitive , lets her get revolution .

2 Likes

Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by rotadeco27: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
Same criminal being recycled!
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Shellsploit: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
GreenDestiny2:
To report at force headquarters or be rounded up for final execution?.

grin
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by MemoriesAndMe: 6:41pm On Oct 13, 2020
Name change, from SARS to SWAT.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Judolisco(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin

All of them no exceptions
no abeg Abba kyari was once a member of Sars and he is one of d finest officers Nigeria have ever produced feel free to check his records

Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by ceragon123: 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
Someone7:
Gathering of terrorists . One well timed bomb will save Nigeria a lot of trouble

Rotfl.....
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Aguilar(m): 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
oh my wonders, a swat. waséré igp
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by numericalguy(m): 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
joelag:
They should bring the SWATS on board, we are waiting for them.

#EndSWAT loading
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by MemoriesAndMe: 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
Vacora post=94907786:
All of them in one building?
This is going to be the best venue for the next protest. Citizen arrests. Let them have a taste of what they have done to countless Nigerians.
Glad you observed that. Its so unprofessional of the police to reveal to the general public where and when they want all SARS members to assemble. Serious security mistake on the part of IG and his "elite" team, because some dynamites from an enemy will bring the house down. At least mimic sane countries, how many of them reveal top secret information to the public even in the light of saving their jobs and faces?
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Karleb(m): 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
This SWAT, I hope they won't turn out to be as or worse than SARS.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by FrenchyL(m): 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
fergie001:

Nigeria Police Force

Murderous Bastards!
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by VicM6: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2020
GeneralPula:
This IGP is still not getting it..

We’ll make him to get it right..
dont mind the man... him wan create anoda brand of anti robbery squad..... different story with same old shit.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by gowonmaharajah(m): 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2020
miclef86:
How about the security implications? A lots of criminal will use the opportunity to operate freely
No bro.a new unit,SWAT go take charge
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:53pm On Oct 13, 2020
We are willing to contribute money to charter buses and send them to Bornu - including for accommodation and feeding.

1 Like

Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Kentuforchrist(m): 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
uniqueboi1:
grin grin grin

Reintegration. Nigerians nothing changed o.
answear nothing as change at all
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by jacoik(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
GreenDestiny2:
To report at force headquarters or be rounded up for summary execution?

Verify the news again!

I can't be swimming with SHARKS.
lolxxxxx hahahaha aswear guy u for add wickedness join ur name na. so I want our enemies kill as well?
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by cray91(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
Amen!
Kingofum:
As they travel to that abuja, May all the evil sars that have extorted Nigerian youths die by road accident amen
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Gabisho: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
This guy above is something else...

Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Powersurge: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
My advise to the IG as he seeks to reform the police (hopefully, it wouldn't be audio as usual), is that policing should be more technologically inclined. NP needs to have a forensic unit.

In NIgeria of today, if someone died in your house, you are automatically the killer. A society that cannot separate criminals from law abiding citizens is a wasteful society.

1 Like

Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by spiralwedge(m): 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2020
Waylay them on their way there. Best way to finally put this thing to a stop.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Yankee101: 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Send them all, without exception, to borno to face boko haram
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by BruncleZuma: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2020
Dem don shift them go their other wahala counter-terrorism Unit - awon red cap police. Who we offend for this country?
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by lagdmark(m): 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2020
VicM6:
dont mind the man... him wan create anoda brand of anti robbery squad..... different story with same old shit.
So the IGP shouldn't create anti robbery squad, he should just sidon and watch how notorious armed robbers and cyber criminals terrorise the country.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by twinskenny(m): 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
GreenDestiny2:

Verify the news again!

lol
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Deepthoughts: 7:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
fergie001:

Nigeria Police Force

must the New unit be called SWAT?,can the Nigerian government provide them with the required special weapons n the incentives to perform optimally without the temptation of corruption?, well we have copied the Americans in name let's see how well we shall emulate the US in deeds.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by lincsnuel: 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
Fussion1000:

Is NCE or BSc purge one of bad character?

No but it purges one of illiteracy. Just take a look at the behaviours and reasoning of most people up North, it's mainly due to illiteracy and ignorance abundant there.

One of the major problems of the force is crass illiteracy. They don't understand their job roles. If NCE is the minimum qualification, you will see significant improvement in their job roles and performance.

1 Like

Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Magnoliaa(f): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
**facepalm** I really do not want to be wrong about this, or I hope I'm wrong -- did nobody actually read the body of the press statement??

Nawa oh. These are the issues. Smh...

I can see a Police Counselling and Support Unit or something being made up of psychiatrists, psychologists, pastors, imams, medic personnels, human rights experts, etc., up there. A unit to evaluate, and conduct a psychological examination on the EX-SARS officers and a *retraining*, reorientation before they are redeployed...

How is this escaping people's attention, and they are saying new name; same people??

This is one of our demands being met. And I'm f--king glad. I'm expecting the prosecution of all guilty officers, and compesation to all the families of SARS' victims to be met now.

1 Like

Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by Moikiitos: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
CountryTireMan:
Zulum toldthe IG to send them to Borno to fight Boko Haram, the IG should have done that, make we see their nonsense brutality agains Boko Haram.

The corruption that has eaten deep in them won't change a thing. Instead they will just turn to boko haram themselves and start causing havoc.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by denny97797: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
:To report at force headquarters or be rounded up for final execution?.
Re: IGP Sets Up New Unit, Orders all Ex-SARS Operatives To Report To Force HQ by amliftedhigher: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
GreenDestiny2:

Verify the news again!

I support you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EndSARS: The Soro Soke Radio Twitter Account Has Been Suspended / Meet Otobong Ndem Who Finished HND Before Secondary School / US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.