Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls (48621 Views)

A Visit To Erin Ijesha Waterfall Osun State! The Most Beautiful Place To Be / Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by americaninja1: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
Im 100 percent sure dat guy de whine u. Anyways u guys had fun.. Never been dere, hope to go over some day. Osun state govt suppose don renovate that place.

1 Like

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by OdefaGirl(f): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2020
You are a good writer, funny and crazy at same time.....
Nevertheless, your story is creepy if true.
I enjoyed reading it.

16 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Jubilancy(f): 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2020
I always love adventure stories....Maybe it's time to go on an adventure myself.....This xmas period?
I cant believe the only adventure I have ever had was to the beach!

Which hole did i crawl out of self!

3 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by OdefaGirl(f): 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
[s]
Nightstalker:
Chai

Nairaland is really living up to its name as the "Poor People's Linda Ikeji Blog"

All the big boys and babes I knew from way back when have all left this forum..

Now all you have here are Yahoo boys, Yahoo girls , Whôres looking for customers ,scam pastors , idol worshippers , Scammers with all kinds of fake businesses, fake big boys who claim to be what they are not, then perverts..

This forum is like an internet Ajegunle. .. or rather an internet ghetto for low life scumbags

Sad how the owner let this forum become the dustbin it is today
[/s]
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by babywhite(f): 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
what an adventure, would have loved to see the stairs

2 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by poshestmina(f): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2020
Really creepy shocked

1 Like

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by DenreleDave(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
Jubilancy:
I always love adventure stories....Maybe it's time to go on an adventure myself.....This xmas period?
I cant believe the only adventure I have ever had was to the beach!

Which hole did i crawl out of self!

Pretty babe

1 Like

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by omoadeleye(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
Dababby:
The rocks can be slippery can't imagine slipping and falling

Uhm, you gon have a beautiful long nap
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by ceeceeuwa: 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
Erin Ijesha Water falls, a beautiful place to be!

1 Like

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Roozzaay(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nightstalker:
Chai

Nairaland is really living up to its name as the "Poor People's Linda Ikeji Blog"

All the big boys and babes I knew from way back when have all left this forum..

Now all you have here are Yahoo boys, Yahoo girls , Whôres looking for customers ,scam pastors , idol worshippers , Scammers with all kinds of fake businesses, fake big boys who claim to be what they are not, then perverts..

This forum is like an internet Ajegunle. .. or rather an internet ghetto for low life scumbags

Sad how the owner let this forum become the dustbin it is today
So sad cry
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by pek(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2020
CotenantNIG:

permission to share this on my stuff
So you had to quote the whole stuff?
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2020
I think the OP is talking Methaphorically and connotatively.
most of those events,his words and pictures represent something
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by harmony75: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2020
you live a reckless and careless life, what do one take away here? A life of drugs is not a proud life change your ways before it's too late �

8 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Tookool(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
I love adventures
...you write so well

8 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Depressed101: 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2020
waywardpikin:
Dear Diary,

I want to share a story of one of my adventures with my friends Biggie and Okeke. It was a Saturday or Sunday I think, and we had been smoking all day. All of a sudden we decided it would be a good idea to travel to Erin Ijesha Waterfalls and scratch that off our bucket list.

You know that place where Adekunle Gold shot his Orente video? That’s Erin Ijesha Waterfalls.

So we went o, that very day. We loaded up our backpack with two bottles of Jack Daniels, like three bottles of codeine, and like 500 naira SK. Me, Biggie, Okeke and his babe at the time. First of all the place was farther than we expected and we’d left a little late. When we got there we were like the only ones left but I was really excited anyway. The place had an ancient look to it, I felt like I was in one if those Shaolin Temples in Mortal Kombat. We had to walk up a flight of stairs to get to the titular waterfall, by then Biggie and Okeke’s fat girlfriend were out of breath and just decided to sit it out and smoke some herbs while Okeke and I hurriedly stripped and dove under the torrents of water gushing down upon us.

It was such an exhilarating feeling, feeling the natural water spring forth from a rock unto us. Baba God shower pass man-made shower I swear. After we had had our fill of that we decided to explore the place further. There were still a flight of stairs that went all the way up, it was really high up and we were really excited though Biggie and the girl declined going any further. It was a dangerous undertaking because the stars were wet and slippery and had no railings so if you fall you’re on your own. No one forced you to climb anywhere in the name of adventure. We climbed the stairs slowly and were disappointed to realised that the stairs didn’t go all the way up to the top of the mountain. It was like our forefathers or whoever constructed the poorly built stairs decided that that was as far as they could be bothered to go.

Biggie and girl looked like specks of dust from where we stood looking and we took a lot of pictures that I cherish till this day. The feel of the whole place, and the fact that it was rapidly getting dark, I started having the creeping fear that maybe there was a huge beast lurking in the bushes that usually came out at night when no one else was around, probably an anaconda or something. I wondered if the natives that lives around offer up sacrifices to it in reverence. I was pretty sure that some juju stuffs are done in the waterfall. It seemed like a potent source to draw some spiritual whatever.

Came down and I saw this suspicious old man still lurking around. He was at the gate earlier when we had just arrived and now he was here acting busy. I started remembering all the Hollywood movies I’d watched where a bunch of high school kids would go on some hitchhiking or waka waka adventure only to encounter a psycho killer. We took pictures and we left, but my paranoia was on a 4G LTE network and it was really dark at this point.

The plan was to lodge in any okay hotel, get high, straff if possible and call it a day very well spent. We first entered a canteen and ate huge mounds of Eba and Egusi, from there we ended up in one mysterious looking, seedy dump called ORANGE HOTEL. It was weird for a number of reasons I can’t readily explain. Okeke and his babe took one room while Biggie and I took the other one. We went outside the hotel contemplating how the night was gonna be. Okeke and I were dressed in casual wears while Biggie was dressed in a native attire, and given that he was fat and robust we could easily pass for his boys I guess. As we were talking, one ‘indigene-looking’ man came out of the hotel and stood in one corner looking at us. I noticed him but I thought nothing of it, though I was on high alert. #ParanoiaMode

As we were talking he walked up to us:

“My people I greet o, anything una need I dey supply am o…”

I wondered what we could possibly need from him to supply us and I was immediately uncomfortable but Biggie was more than willing to indulge him. Shebi na adventure carry us come?

Biggie: Wetin you dey supply?

Man: The normal level now.

Biggie: Which one of the normal level make I know wetin I dey buy abeg?

Biggie was a guy-man and we lived in a place called Egypt. It was in the ghetto streets mehn, where if you’re not sharp you could get obtained real quick. You had to be smart, so typically before you calculate we don solve.

Biggie: If you no get wetin I dey find I go go meet another person. I no come here to play abeg.

Man: Why you go go meet another person? Oga I say anything you want I get am. Whether na human head, human hand, man preek, virgin tohtoh, old woman bre.ast, anything you need I get am. You no get problem.

Our eyes widened in shock as we all slowly exchanged glances. I was scared mehn, not scared scared, but I was terrified. We had just met a supplier – a supplier of human body parts! He must have mistaken Biggie for a politician or a business man cos he was obviously scoping for new clients. Biggie composed himself as they continued their discussion.

Biggie: No worry we still dey. Shebi you dey inside?

Man: I dey now. Na my town be this.

Biggie: No worry if we need anything we go let you know.

As the man went back inside we mulled over what had just happened in disbelief.

WHAT??!!!

We looked out into the darkness and decided it would be better to spend the night at the hotel instead of adventuring further looking for God knows what before beta problem go jam us. We decided to have a few drinks at the bar and call it a night. We went into the bar, all four of us, and ordered four bottles of Viju chocolate with glass cups, and proceeded to mix the contents with our bottles of codeine.

Okeke’s babe kept the joints of SK coming, and an unopened Jack Daniel stood dangerously and proudly in the middle of our table. There were a few people at the bar, including the ritualist and some old, creepy looking men at their own table. His eyes never left our table as he looked at us with a mixture of hunger and curiosity – curiosity at the paraphernalia on our table. As I was observing the goings on around me, I noticed the paintings on the wall; they were weird mehn.

There was a painting of a man battling a snake as big as an anaconda. The snake had him in a deathly embrace as it wrapped itself around him ready to devour while the man stood in defiance with his weapon raised, ready to strike. My heart started to beat rapidly as I wondered what the painting meant. Another showed two hands reaching for a fruit on a tree in what I assumed was Adam and Eve defying God by eating of the forbidden fruit. The bar man approached our table and asked if we needed ladies for the night, Biggie said yes, that he couldn’t take anymore of the oppression from Okeke and his babe, while me I was just looking around as if I was expecting a surprise attack from unknown forces.

The bar man returned about thirty minutes later with two ‘babes’, one for me and one for Biggie. I sat in my chair staring at the ‘babe’ assigned to me like she was an alien, wondering if I was ever going to get high enough that night to fvck her, wondering if I was that brave, wondering if my preek wasn’t going to shrivel and fall off if I dared such.

God forgive me, but she was hideous, had such a big head and muscular biceps, and a shade of ‘black’ that I wasn’t really into, Biggie’s ‘babe’ wasn’t that much better, in fact it was like they were in a competition to see who was uglier. I wonder what the bar man was thinking but then again we were quite literally somehow in the middle of nowhere. Maybe this was the benchmark for confam and standard babes.

Biggie summoned the bar man and somehow we managed to discharge the ‘cream’ babes, just then the ritualist approached our table with an inquisitive look on his face. He pointed to our bottle of codeine:

“Abeg na wetin be this wey una dey take?”

“You like am? Taste am na?” Biggie said, handing him his own bottle. Instead of tasting it, the man took it back to his table to share what he had just discovered with his friends. I was just watching the man like I was watching NatGeo wild. Where there was a man I could only see an animal.

This man was dealing in human parts for heaven’s sake!

Few minutes later the ritualist and his goons fell fast asleep at their table and we all laughed at them. Dem wan try wetin their head no fit carry loooool. We stayed for long at the bar, no curfew, until it was just us and the sleeping ritualist and friends. We were drinking, smoking, and soon we started rapping and freestyling. We later retired to our rooms but I never fell asleep. I sat on the floor with my back against the door smoking, like I was expecting someone to come barging through the door at any moment to cut off my big head and Biggie’s big bo.obs, like there was a possibility that my co.ck would be parted from my body if I let my guard down.

So I sat there smoking and listening to Okeke gbenshing the living daylights out of his babe in ZA OZZA ROOM while Biggie snored like a malfunctioning locomotive train right in front me. Agro wanted to finish me in the left side of my brain, while the right side remembered all those oyinbo horror movies I’d watched that started out this way (Wrong Turn, anyone?).

Morning reached and we continued drinking, smoking, and laughing about the events of the day before in excitement and disbelief. As we boarded a bus back to Egypt our home, the words of that man in Orange Hotel kept playing back in my head over and over in an endless loop:

“Whether na human head, human hand, man preek, virgin tohtoh, old woman bre.ast, anything you need I get am. You no get problem.”

That remains an experience I don’t think I’ll ever forget.

Till next time,

XOXO

Wayward Pikin.

https://thewaywardpikin.com/my-weird-creepy-experience-at-erin-ijesha-waterfalls/
i could make this into horror movie. Of 4 adventurers been chased and trying to escape from body parts dealers in an unknown town.. Interesting

4 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by SKhanmi: 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nonymine:

He simply shared his story/opinion of the place. undecided
I actually enjoyed it.

By associating a popular tourist site to a morbid occupation? My weird and creepy experience in an hotel near Erin ijesha waterfalls would have been a better title sad

7 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by naturefellow(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
Goldenheart:
sad when I saw the content of your bag pack...I knew this is bullocks..
honestly... I just scrolled down to comment section. Bunkum!

Doesn't even have photos of the thrill-seeking at the actual site.

Alcoholic junkies make the greatest statistic for adventure fatalities

3 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by clydedaniels(m): 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
Funny read

2 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by naturefellow(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2020
Which moderator moved this twaddle to front page?
He truly deserves Buhari as his President!

2 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by waywardpikin: 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2020
CotenantNIG:

permission to share this on my stuff

Permission granted!
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by waywardpikin: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2020
Depressed101:
i could make this into horror movie. Of 4 adventurers been chased and trying to escape from body parts dealers in an unknown town.. Interesting

Thanks man. This was in 2014.

1 Like

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by captainamiedi1: 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
was there around 2016 or 2017. it was fun anyway. i had to climb as far as the 5th step. i was completed exhausted. i manage to climb back to the water fall. took some alcohol, snack some ass and went back home.
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by lekki1444: 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2020
well listen this is a spiiritual existence we are living in and the flesh is just part of the soil but the spirit is who you are and it is electromagnetic energy full of programs and the programs in it take you where the programs in it can be reflected ( as within so without as above so below ) and judging from all the places the program in your spirit took you i would say your spirit is programmed to hell. first you like in EGYPT which means spiritual bondage, next you went to a waterfalls in OSUN state which means ' a fall from power ' and then you went to O-RANGE hotel which means spiiritual death. and then there are posters on the wall of a man picking fruit from the tree of life and death meaning a man living a wayward life which so happens to be your moniker name as you take codeine and spirit and c-gar-wreath and can-abyss and finally you are in a battle with the serpent who seems to be winning the battle as you are caught up in the ways of the serpent as you eat his fruit which his fruits are hedonism and debauchery. you young man have had quite the spiritual adventure. then after all this you returned back to egypt ( spiritual bondage ) and as above so below so you had to gointo the transatlantic slave trade as anothr nation swooped in and overtook you and held you in bondage aka egypt and hence you are a mermaid under water sorrounded by sharks aka you are are a third world nation being taken advantage of by all other nations. and so you are in a loop and a cycle which you have to break out off if you want to escape from egypt and win the battle with the snake and the sharks.
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by waywardpikin: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
weyreypey:
No adventure in that place. Was there in 2004 or there about. Note the falls do come with some heavy jagged edge sharp rocks hidden therein that could maim you or kill you.

I agree! What we expected and what we met on ground were two very different things. I was very disappointed to be honest. Disappointed and then traumatized.

And yes, if you're not careful climbing you could seriously hurt yourself. I feel like our tourism centres could really use an upgrade. Imagine since 2004 for you, 2014 for me, and nothing much has changed since then. For starters, there should have been lodging facilities at the resort, but we had to journey all the way back into town once it was getting dark. That's money leaving the resort.

Our resources are still relatively untapped.
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by waywardpikin: 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2020
Dababby:
The rocks can be slippery can't imagine slipping and falling

Better to not imagine it at all. It's a really terrifying thought!
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by pman06(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2020
The right title would have been :

"The adventure of a drug addict @ Erin ijesa water fall" grin

1 Like

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by adesojisamsonadesuji: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2020
Erin ijesa waterfall and ilesa town what’s the correlation of your story... orange hotel is far from Erin ijesa... but the fact still remain that the guy in question not really mean human part....

2 Likes

Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by waywardpikin: 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
Goldenheart:
sad when I saw the content of your bag pack...I knew this is bullocks..

What was so unusual about the contents of my backpack? Last I checked it's still a free country, mate.

Unless you've never done anything crazy in your life before.
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by waywardpikin: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2020
illicit:
That guy dey wine you.

What he said was hyperbolic....

Nope. Not hyperbolic.
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by waywardpikin: 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
Joshmanuel10:
Jack Daniel, codeine, and SK okay

That was back when I was in the world. I'm now born against again.
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by HENRY940: 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nice read.
Re: My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by waywardpikin: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2020
americaninja1:
Im 100 percent sure dat guy de whine u. Anyways u guys had fun.. Never been dere, hope to go over some day. Osun state govt suppose don renovate that place.

I doubt the guy was whining us o. Things dey happen in this country bro. Let's just pray not to be found in the wrong place at the wrong time. And yes, the Osun state govt is supposed to have done more for that place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria / Arinta Waterfalls, Ekiti State.(pictures/video) / Mention The Countries You Will Never Consider Going To Even With Free Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.