Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,474 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA (24772 Views)

Some People Are Unaware That They Are HIV Positive / NACA: Akwa Ibom, Benue Have The Highest Number Of HIV Positive Persons / HIV Prevalence Rate In States In Nigeria 2019 By NACA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by passion007: 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2020
Skills10:
Lies. HIV does not cause AIDS. findings show that the probability of getting HIV from an HIV positive person is 1 out of 1000. That is they would have sex 1000 times before HIV is transmitted between them.

Typical case of "a little learning is a dangerous thing"

What you typed, does it make any sense to you?
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by kadiri3(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
oluseyiforjesus:
13 out of 1000
I don't believe in d figure
Who counted it
the are liar
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2020
DexterousOne:

What makes you think I'm following you around? undecided

I'm not a groupie.

This topic was on front page and I opened it...
Only to read some interesting comments
Yours inclusivecheesy grin

You can be whatever you want to be
That's the beauty of 21st century

The comment in bold shocked me a lil
That's all.
Normally I'll have "resisted the urge to shalaye " as it is said in local parlance these days

But I just had to respond

There are levels to these things.

As for you , you're were i was in thinking about 4 year's ago.

You need to be able to connect the dots.

I say alot things in a coded way because I know say no one go listen.

Plus it's too late anyway.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Dagger111(m): 4:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
Abeg, can someone contract HIV from sucking breast? undecided undecided
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Skills10: 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2020
No offence.

You can give contrary evidence.

If you dont understand where i am coming from on this subject, then no qualms.

passion007:

Typical case of "a little learning is a dangerous thing"

What you typed, does it make any sense to you?
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Wizvicky(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
this mugu wants more money. how can you say 13 out of 1000 Nigerian. then Nigeria should be the HIV/AIDS center of the world.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Goodman247: 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2020
Who cares
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by passion007: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Skills10:
No offence.

You can give contrary evidence.

If you dont understand where i am coming from on this subject, then no qualms.

My brother, you've given no evidence whatsoever.
In 2020, you're still doubting if untreated HIV is the cause of AIDS.
Why not volunteer to work in Infectious diseases in any hospital near you and then you can see first hand, what AIDS really is and how much misinformation contributes to that sad state of affairs.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by PaulH07: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Skills10: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
Ok.

There are some things i cant say here.

But i will just ask you a few questions (Since you know so much on the subject matter)

What do you have to say about gain of function research being done on Ebola, HIV and corona viruses? to what end?
What about Genetic Engineering? Do viruses jump naturally from animals to Humans?
Any reason why the inventor of the testing criteria(RT-PCR) said that he found no evidence to support the claims that HIV causes AIDS.
Is there a gold standard for corona virus.
Is the corona virus isolated from the genetic material
Any explanation for the false positives and negatives
Is there a link between corona virus and HIV.
Is the fictituous event201 that was a simulation of corona virus last year october just a mere coincidence.

we are learning. you can educate me on the above.

passion007:

My brother, you've given no evidence whatsoever.
In 2020, you're still doubting if untreated HIV is the cause of AIDS.
Why not volunteer to work in Infectious diseases in any hospital near you and then you can see first hand, what AIDS really is and how much misinformation contributes to that sad state of affairs.

Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by webizone(m): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2020
Coldie:
Guys how many of u know that there's a Nigerian fighter in WWE presently signed to RAW by name Babatunde aka DABAKATO.

Let's show him love and support him. Follow his Instagram.

https://instagram.com/dabbakato?igshid=1p21lodhmskdb
I saw him in the movie "The Main Event". Never knew he was Omo naija.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by omokab: 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2020
Lier. Another means to get govt and international donor attention in order to get money. If the way you people have been shouting HIV is genuine many would have been HIV positive by now.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Blue3k(m): 4:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
1.3% of the population. I expected more..
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Bizsquad: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2020
AIDS IS REAL ! Get yur stroke recipe and do it yurself solution.stop wasting yur time,money on drugs cant cure u,go natural today and let yur stroke be a history.its cheap,easy and effective.call/text 09066651613 For more enquiries
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by poweredcom(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2020
Yeah gals no de fear HIV again o Dem de on their olosho mode and if u see as dese gals de hustle with their possay u go cry

Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Imstrong2(m): 5:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
Skills10:

No offence Bro, You missed the point.

what i just typed are findings which can be verified. The probability of HIV being transferred between an HIV positive person and HIV negative person is 1 out of 1000. that is they will have to have sex 1000 times before HIX can be transmitted.
People have been lied to over the years. I also said HIV does not cause AIDS. How many people know this?

Until people stop believing the usual narrative(lies) from the media, they will keep living in ignorance.

Same way they are lieing to the whole world now about a corona virus that was never purified from the genetic material

A virus (covid19)that does not satisfy Koch Postulates for proving that a virus causes disease.

A virus that does not have a gold standard.

Read about Dr Kary Mulis view on if HIV causes AIDS. Same Kary Mulis is the inventor of the testing criteria(RT-PCR) being used to test for covid19 and HIV.

Again, i say, how many people reading this thread believe that HIV does not causes AIDs? How many also know that the probability is 1 out of 1000.

It is the lies and ignorance i am talking about.

yes,hiv is difficult to catch.but atimes bad luck will have it that it happens 1(or 2nd) out of the 1000times, agree with me?
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by passion007: 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2020
Skills10:

Ok.

There are some things i cant say here.

But i will just ask you a few questions (Since you know so much on the subject matter)

What do you have to say about gain of function research being done on Ebola, HIV and corona viruses? to what end?
What about Genetic Engineering? Do viruses jump naturally from animals to Humans?
Any reason why the inventor of the testing criteria(RT-PCR) said that he found no evidence to support the claims that HIV causes AIDS.
Is there a gold standard for corona virus.
Is the corona virus isolated from the genetic material
Any explanation for the false positives and negatives
Is there a link between corona virus and HIV.
Is the fictituous event201 that was a simulation of corona virus last year october just a mere coincidence.

we are learning. you can educate me on the above.

You are creating your own confusion by conflating many generic, unrelated issues.
Come down to specifics and I'll be happy to discuss with you
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Skills10: 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2020
lol. I 100% agree with you. Do not get me wrong. people should be able to find out if the usual narrative is true.

i am not undermining HIV or AIDS. I am saying that findings show that some had AIDS without having HIV.

The inventor of the testing criteria asked for the evidence and scientific document to back up the claims that HIV causes AIDs. He found none. He began to question every narrative about the subject. everything i have said, can be verified online and videos. i wont post the links here. i want us to verify them.
How did people who never had HIV get AIDs then?

We are educated. we went to school. knowledge should go beyond the university days. A lot of people stop reading after leaving school. They belief hook line and sinker all that CNN says about corona viruses. Is it just a mere coincidence that John Hopkins University, the institution giving the official figures of number of infections and deaths from covid19 were the ones who simulated event201?

Imstrong2:
yes,hiv is difficult to catch.but atimes bad luck will have it that it happens 1(or 2nd) out of the 1000times, agree with me?
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Skills10: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
lol.

There are some things i cant say here my brother.

God bless you.

Cheers.

passion007:

You are creating your own confusion by conflating many generic, unrelated issues.
Come down to specifics and I'll be happy to discuss with you
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by ibuildstuff(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2020
pozehnani:
13 keh? That on the minimum. Max 500 or more.
If u say 500 out of every 1000 then u are saying 50 percent of Nigeria that's about 100 million people.

That's not Truth, HIV prevalence in Nigeria is not that high as u claim.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by ibuildstuff(m): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nigsrdumb:
D sexual recklessness points to a much higher figure.

This and more are the reasons why conservatism works.

How much freedom is too much.
HIV is not that easy to contract and alot of people use protection, especially sex workers. I believe it's one reason why the figure it not higher given how reckless we are.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by pozehnani(f): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2020
ibuildstuff:

If u say 500 out of every 1000 then u are saying 50 percent of Nigeria that's about 100 million people.

That's not Truth, HIV prevalence in Nigeria is not that high as u claim.

Are you sure? Do you know there so many who don't even know they are living with the disease? So many new ones are being discovered on a daily basis at maternity centers. So??

I just feel that statistics he gave is not correct. Its low compared to the real figure.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by shantti(m): 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2020
This is the only truth to come out of nigeria. when i went to do post exposture prophylaxis at enugu, if you see the crowd that came to collect antiretroviral drug for the month at d hospital, i was speechless, it was as if more than half of d population had d virus and this hospital was just one of the collection centres, there were dozens of other hospital with their own crowd too. Now do you know that it cost a HIV positive individual an average of $600 per month to manage the disease. HIV management is quite expensive. But here in nigeria, it is totally free, FG foots the bill, now multiply $600 by 1.8 million and see what it cost FG per month to cater for HIV positive people. This is the only area i will say Nigerian government is really trying. In USA, i dont think treatment is free, if u are lucky over there your employer will have some sort of scheme to help sponsor your treatment, but if u are unemployed, its left for u to find how you will survive(manage the disease on your own)
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by kponkedenge(m): 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2020
oluseyiforjesus:
13 out of 1000

I don't believe in d figure

Who counted it

These are scientific data based on population estimate.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by passion007: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2020
Skills10:

lol. I 100% agree with you. Do not get me wrong. people should be able to find out if the usual narrative is true.

i am not undermining HIV or AIDS. I am saying that findings show that some had AIDS without having HIV.

The inventor of the testing criteria asked for the evidence and scientific document to back up the claims that HIV causes AIDs. He found none. He began to question every narrative about the subject. everything i have said, can be verified online and videos. i wont post the links here. i want us to verify them.
How did people who never had HIV get AIDs then?

We are educated. we went to school. knowledge should go beyond the university days. A lot of people stop reading after leaving school. They belief hook line and sinker all that CNN says about corona viruses. Is it just a mere coincidence that John Hopkins University, the institution giving the official figures of number of infections and deaths from covid19 were the ones who simulated event201?

Any doctor or nurse will be rolling over laughing at this.

What is AIDS? May be you need to start from there.
The condition known as AIDS is a constellation of other diseases, which have existed since time. Any condition that causes immune compromise will cause an AIDS-like condition. If you receive a transplant, then you'll be on lifelong immune suppressive treatment and thus can develop a condition like AIDS. If you're born with congenital disorders like Severe Combined Immune Disorder, similar AIDS like condition can develop. The term AIDS however refers to the particular development of this condition in the setting of HIV infection.
Oesophageal candidiasis is not new. Nephropathy is not new. Kaposi Sarcoma is not new. Yet these are all AIDS defining illnesses.
I don't know if you understand me up to this point, or I lost you in the technicalities.

1 Like

Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by ibuildstuff(m): 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2020
pozehnani:

Are you sure? Do you know there so many who don't even know they are living with the disease? So many new ones are being discovered on a daily basis at maternity centers. So??

I just feel that statistics he gave is not correct. Its low compared to the real figure.
It's not as high as u claim either n I believed they are increasing the figures as well so as to get more funds from international body.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Farki: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
Skills10:

No offence Bro, You missed the point.

what i just typed are findings which can be verified. The probability of HIV being transferred between an HIV positive person and HIV negative person is 1 out of 1000. that is they will have to have sex 1000 times before HIX can be transmitted.
People have been lied to over the years. I also said HIV does not cause AIDS. How many people know this?

Until people stop believing the usual narrative(lies) from the media, they will keep living in ignorance.

Same way they are lieing to the whole world now about a corona virus that was never purified from the genetic material

A virus (covid19)that does not satisfy Koch Postulates for proving that a virus causes disease.

A virus that does not have a gold standard.

Read about Dr Kary Mulis view on if HIV causes AIDS. Same Kary Mulis is the inventor of the testing criteria(RT-PCR) being used to test for covid19 and HIV.

Again, i say, how many people reading this thread believe that HIV does not causes AIDs? How many also know that the probability is 1 out of 1000.

It is the lies and ignorance i am talking about.

Ok you seem very confident in your statements. Would you then be willing to inject blood from a HIV positive person into your bloodstream to see the effects?

Words like this are a slap in the face to health workers and people living with the disease. From all the things I have personally seen with my own eyes you still want to tell me there's a grand HIV conspiracy.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by shantti(m): 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
Kovuh:

At all, they need to give us the details of how they arrived at their data.

Every hiv test that comes out positive from every hospital in nigeria is taken into consideration. Hospitals regulary submit this data from time to time as mandated by NACA, then mathematics is done, rate of new infection per year is calculated, total number of infected persons is calculated. graphs are plotted, then the result is distributed and compared in terms of ratio with the total population of nigera to give statistics like "13 out of every 1000" being positive
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Skills10: 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaMZ4NyNCwI

Farki:

Ok you seem very confident in your statements. Would you then be willing to inject blood from a HIV positive person into your bloodstream to see the effects?

Words like this are a slap in the face to health workers and people living with the disease. From all the things I have personally seen with my own eyes you still want to tell me there's a grand HIV conspiracy.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by pozehnani(f): 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2020
ibuildstuff:

It's not as high as u claim either n I believed they are increasing the figures as well so as to get more funds from international body.

You think so but it's not.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Skills10: 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2020

The first person in that video is Dr Kary Mulis. He is the inventor of the testing criteria(RT PCR) used for corona viruses testing and HIV a times.

passion007:

Any doctor or nurse will be rolling over laughing at this.

What is AIDS? May be you need to start from there.
The condition known as AIDS is a constellation of other diseases, which have existed since time. Any condition that causes immune compromise will cause an AIDS-like condition. If you receive a transplant, then you'll be on lifelong immune suppressive treatment and thus can develop a condition like AIDS. If you're born with congenital disorders like Severe Combined Immune Disorder, similar AIDS like condition can develop. The term AIDS however refers to the particular development of this condition in the setting of HIV infection.
Oesophageal candidiasis is not new. Nephropathy is not new. Kaposi Sarcoma is not new. Yet these are all AIDS defining illnesses.
I don't know if you understand me up to this point, or I lost you in the technicalities.
Re: 13 Out Of 1,000 Nigerians Are HIV Positive - NACA by Skills10: 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2020
Watch the video my brother. The first person being interviewed is Dr Kary Mulis. HE INVENTED THE TESTING CRITERIA(RT PCR).

I think he knows a thing or two on the subject matter.

Skills10:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Easy Homemade Mosquito Trap / Benefits Of Eating Snake Meat / Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe Slams Brain Drain Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.