Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,714 members, 7,844,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) (20994 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To The Quarter-Finals?

Barcelona: 42% (43 votes)
Arsenal: 57% (59 votes)
This poll has ended

Hull City Vs Arsenal: FA Cup (0 - 4) On 8th March 2016 / Barcelona Vs Arsenal : UCL (3 - 1) On 16th March 2016 / Barcelona Vs Juventus : UCL (3 - 1) On 6th June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by hbrednic: 11:54pm On Mar 08, 2011
i thought they said Arsenal plays attacking football like Barca  
90mins with zero shot on goal, 11 boys packed inside their 18yards box ,what a shame
blame the ref atleast you need to console urselves.

UP BARCA,UP MAN U  cheesy cheesy  cheesy listen all u Arsenal fans this 2 teams are your masters,learn to respect
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by phreakabit(m): 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2011
Better luck next time, and come again to BARCA'S MAMA PUT (food is ready). Oya who is next?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by hbrednic: 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2011
POOR ARSENAL, TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by phreakabit(m): 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2011
Abeg let us look at this thing objectively. Now am not talking as someone who always wanted Barcelona to win the second leg tie.

Two critical decisions made in the match by the ref (I don't care if he was bribed or if he is in a love affair with Pep Guardiola) were very questionable.

For God's sake even if VP had heard the sound of the ref's whitsle, considering that the game is a high profile game and that, that was no grave

indiscipline on the players part, and that the player was on a yellow card, the supposedly experienced ref shouldn't have given VP (an important part of

the arsenal side) a second yellow.

Atleast to attone for his mistake about Van Persie (if he even ever considered it a mistake), he should have calmly looked at the tackle on Pedro, without

allowing the Barca players and the fans influence his decision. It apparently looked like he waited some few seconds to see if the barca players really

wanted the P.K before making his decision. VERY POOR REFREEING == VERY POOR OFFICIATING == VERY QUESTIONABLE RESULTS.

Another enraged guy, ranting and trowing a tantrum. The game is over! Why didn't you complain when Arsenal players turned Messi into a kick doll in the  first leg,  eh?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by 1025: 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2011
and the story continues. by saturday, arsenal will be up against man u in fa cup and who knows. all the bitterness man u have all these while will be shown to arsenal.
but make somebody tell wenger to buy quality players who can play quality matches. what cld a wilshire be doing in this kind of match.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by codeb(m): 12:01am On Mar 09, 2011
Dj DK,
biko play me Wande coal.

Stop blaming the ref, barca played arsenal like men vs kids. No single goal on target, they hardly touch the ball and playing like a division three teams. Shyte team!
What a disgrace, two years in a row.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by amurx(m): 12:03am On Mar 09, 2011
phreakabit:

Another enraged guy, ranting and trowing a tantrum. The game is over! Why didn't you complain when Arsenal players turned Messi into a kick doll in the  first leg,  eh?
4 where? Abeg post d picture make we c. pheeewwww
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by denzel2009: 12:03am On Mar 09, 2011
1025:

and the story continues. by saturday, arsenal will be up against man u in fa cup and who knows. all the bitterness man u have all these while will be shown to arsenal.
but make somebody tell wenger to buy quality players who can play quality matches. what cld a wilshire be doing in this kind of match.
Wilshere bossed Xavi - Arsenal fans  cheesy cheesy
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by 190: 12:03am On Mar 09, 2011
BARCELONA LIONEL MESSI::

Dear gunner's and a[i]s[/i]s-anal fans,

I write this letter to express my profound condolences to a[i]s[/i]s-anal fans world wide

Believe me i am simply tired of playing a[i]s[/i]s-anal, they are weak, useless and foolish,

I step up my goal aggregate each time i play them too, is this the kind of team english football can boast of

Just the other day, the other stooopid team the red devils couldnt win MERE Maiseille'  ( what in the heck )

please UEFA give us real football teams to play GIVE US CHELSEA FC OF ENGLAND

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!  grin  grin  grin

Culled from www.190sports.com
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by phreakabit(m): 12:04am On Mar 09, 2011
I just called Pep and asked him to buy Wilshere, in the next transfer window opening. They can keep Fabregas.

4 where? Abeg post d picture make we c. pheeewwww

A looser's remarks poor gunners goners.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by seedord247(m): 12:04am On Mar 09, 2011
Ball possession barca 98- arsenal 2   grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Marlbron: 12:05am On Mar 09, 2011
Poor showing by the man at the center. When I saw he was the guy in charge, I knew we would see some stupid calls and we did see plenty of them. This guy refused to give a clear cut penalty for Arsenal against Braga, a game Arsenal lost. Mark my words, Barca ain't winning the champs league. They are good at passing the ball in midfield and getting offside, and men in the box, but a mentally alert team and clean match officials will expose them.

Beyond that, one has to question Mr. Wenger for his team selection. What was the point of Rosicky? And add Diaby to that.  With those 2 players Arsenal was already 2 man down from the get go. He has Eboue, Arsh and Ramsey, and even Dennilson (my last choice). Well, he should now concentrate on the EPL, and the FA, but against ManU and after a tiring game like this, I see Arsenal loosing again. Its greyhound day once again. The guy should learn that  winning trophy starts by having a good squad.

In the window, he did not deep, he now needs to do something about the deadwoods this summer. Players like Dennilson, bendtner, Daiaby, Rosicky,  need to ply their trade elsewhere. Get shot of the dross and buy +promote some talents.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by mrofficial(m): 12:06am On Mar 09, 2011
190:

BARCELONA LIONEL MESSI::

Dear gunner's and a[i]s[/i]s-anal fans,

I write this letter to express my profound condolences to a[i]s[/i]s-anal fans world wide

Believe me i am simply tired of playing a[i]s[/i]s-anal, they are weak, useless and foolish,

I step up my goal aggregate each time i play them too, is this the kind of team english football can boast of

Just the other day, the other stooopid team the red devils couldnt win MERE Maiseille'  ( what in the heck )

please UEFA give us real football teams to play GIVE US CHELSEA FC OF ENGLAND

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!  grin  grin  grin

Culled from www.190sports.com

Correct!  cool
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ideylaff: 12:08am On Mar 09, 2011
Don't care how good we think Barca, are, your opponent are only as good as good as you make them.

Barca have struggled to score 1 goal in their last 4 games

Espaynol don't have better players but at least they tried, same for valencia as well

We just lay down bar Nasri and Whilshere. The rest just turned up to do nothing bar a few of our defenders

Blackpool with their 1 trick pony attacking footy will have had ago 2nite than sit back and watch like we did.
grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by phreakabit(m): 12:10am On Mar 09, 2011
Poor showing by the man at the center. When I saw he was the guy in charge, I knew we would see some silly calls and we did see plenty of them. This guy refused to give a clear cut penalty for Arsenal against Braga, a game Arsenal lost. Mark my words, Barca ain't winning the champs league. They are good at passing the ball in midfield and getting offside, and men in the box, but a mentally alert team and clean match officials will expose them.

Beyond that, one has to question Mr. Wenger for his team selection. What was the point of Rosicky? And add Diaby to that.  With those 2 players Arsenal was already 2 man down from the get go. He has Eboue, Arsh and Ramsey, and even Dennilson (my last choice). Well, he should now concentrate on the EPL, and the FA, but against ManU and after a tiring game like this, I see Arsenal loosing again. Its greyhound day once again. The guy should learn that  winning trophy starts by having a good squad.

In the window, he did not deep, he now needs to do something about the deadwoods this summer. Players like Dennilson, bendtner, Daiaby, Rosicky,  need to ply their trade elsewhere. Get shot of the dross and buy +promote some talents.

Go to bed and reflect over it. I bet you will wake up with a smile and agree with me that Barca na Baba . BTW the red part makes you sound astronomically angered and bitter.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by efeboy(m): 12:11am On Mar 09, 2011
medube:

Bros, make we remove the red card and the penalty go one corner, following the statistics of the match, na who suppose win, biko?

Bros, you watch the first leg at all ?

Tell me the major difference in statistics between the first leg and the second leg.

FIRST LEG: Barcelona did almost all the playing especially in the first half and some part of the second half. Arsenal came back in the second half.

Arsenal won with two well deserved goals. It is the Psycology and skill of the 11 against 11 on pitch that

determines result and not statistics.

SECOND LEG: Barcelona did all the playing in the second leg. Just like the first leg Arsenal were coming back into the game, before baba ref

started his 45 minutes madness. It became 12 against 10.

DIFFERENCE: Arsenal's Psycology was shattered by the stupid decisions of this ref in the second leg unlike the ref in the first leg. Arsenal was'nt

even given the fair chance to come back in the second half.

See why even a Barca fan is crying foul play, Bros?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by phreakabit(m): 12:14am On Mar 09, 2011
Bros, you watch the first leg at all ?

Tell me the major difference in statistics between the first leg and the second leg.

FIRST LEG: Barcelona did almost all the playing especially in the first half and some part of the second half. Arsenal came back in the second half.

Arsenal won with two well deserved goals. It is the Psycology and skill of the 11 against 11 on pitch that

determines result and not statistics.

SECOND LEG: Barcelona did all the playing in the second leg. Just like the first leg Arsenal were coming back into the game, before baba ref

started his 45 minutes madness. It became 12 against 10.

DIFFERENCE: Arsenal's Psycology was shattered by the silly decisions of this ref in the second leg unlike the ref in the first leg. Arsenal was'nt

even given the fair chance to come back in the second half.

See why even a Barca fan is crying foul play, Bros?

STFU, you are not a Barca fan. I hate it when Kids in adult body act this way. Did anyone complain when the then Intern Milan coach Jose Mourinho's "business partner" officiated the tie btw them and Barca? You Arsenal Fans are pathetic. Go to bed!!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by CrudeOil2(m): 12:16am On Mar 09, 2011
What is wrong UEFA  and their refs? What was RVP's offence to get a red card? What is also wrong with Arsene Wenger? Your team managed to equalize the scores but you couldn't tell them to stay strong and defend well, after his team was reduced to ten men, he could not make a single substitution? Why did you leave Rosicky in the game? ? Wilshere and Nasri were the only players who were active during the game. mess Arsenal, even tottenham would perform better, they are more mature than arsenal.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by CarlosVent(m): 12:16am On Mar 09, 2011
you said arsenal didn't have a shot on goal.
i was surprise why a whole barca had to score from the spot and have arsenal player sent off for them to defeat a team that had no shot on goal.

barca has started falling. lets watch them.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by CarlosVent(m): 12:18am On Mar 09, 2011
Wiki-leaks Cable Reveals How Mitchael Platini Left the Hotel Room at Camp Nou After Signing the Deal with Barca/Arsenal Officiating Ref. Do you need to get the link?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by dondavids: 12:20am On Mar 09, 2011
Hi,

Let's get something straight, I am a chelsea fan.

Secondly, all barcelona fans in this forum who are rejoicing for winning against 10 man arsenal even when it is so obvious that they were cheated should all be ashamed of yourselves. You guys call yourself the best team in the world but when the chips are down, you guys rely on the referee and UEFA Board Room politics to win matches against any team that really really challenges barcelona.

Lots and lots of people watch these matches around the world because they believe that it offers the best in facilities, talent, officiating and fair play,
but now that it is becoming obvious that the officiating against any strong team playing against barca will be anything but free and fair, I think people should rise up with one voice and condemn this evil.
Not too long ago, this kind of injustice happened against chelsea, Drogba and Ballack complained and they were punished so as to shut them up and sweep the injustice under the carpet. Now it has happened to arsenal. Man U may be next. A friend of mind said that UEFA makes alot of money whenever barca is playing. Even if this is true, does it give them the right to cheat so as to keep barca from losing a tough match. Barca may have skillful players and a wonderful way of playing football, but tonight, Arsene Wenger got his tactics and formation spot on for both the first and second halves.

If only the referee have been neutral and allowed the game to play out normally,  Arsenal would have definitely won this match.

Just imagine if another referee gave Messi red card in this match, Barca would have been finished. The removal of Van Persie who was Arsenal most potent attacking force for no real reason, killed the game for arsenal.

I now urge all Arsenal fans, Arsene Wenger, The English FA to rise up and condemn this Injustice, so as to prevent it from ever repeating itself. If they fail to do so , Then English teams will continue to be cheated whenever they play Barcelona. If English Teams pull out of the champions League, the competition will definitely lose its glamour and UEFA will only have themselves to blame for this.

Finally, Barcelona plays beautiful football, the kind of football I will love to see chelsea play, and seriously speeaking I don't mind when they play fair and win, But it really pisses me off when they cheat to win, simply because they want to win all the time.

Football is a passionate game for alot of people because it preaches fair play, but what is the point playing or even watching it when you already know

that no matter how hard or how well you play, will lose because you will be cheated by Barcelona and UEFA
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by phreakabit(m): 12:22am On Mar 09, 2011
Wiki-leaks Cable Reveals How Mitchael Platini Left the Hotel Room at Camp Nou After Signing the Deal with Barca/Arsenal Officiating Ref. Do you need to get the link?

Stupidity personified! Now please explain whats Platini's interest in Barcelona? Everyone's saying Wiki-leaks this Wiki-leaks that, Stop trying so hard to be a conspiracy theorist!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Konjour(m): 12:22am On Mar 09, 2011
Once more,Barca didn't hide the game plan from the gunners, over run the flanks,close their midfield down,beat the offside traps relied upon by Djourou and co,and look for Messi, the ability of a team to adapt and contain its opponent's tactics often determines its worth and class, but the l'arse team i saw on that pitch tonight was simply bankrupt of those two qualities, and AW simply didn't have any answer whatsoever to Guardiola's questions, i think he was really relying on one of his players pulling a stunt or a trick off. However,the referee was simply UNREALISTIC about RVP. How the Zap would a player hear a referee's whistle clearly and respond within a Zap.ing second when over 90,000 people are jumping about and shouting all around him??!!!!!!!!! Its just a denotation of the lack of common sense by him, or rather a biased mindset. That said,the gunners are still a long way off being where their fans want them to be and it seems the closest that the l'arse team i saw tonight would get to a trophy this season is the carling cup final that they bottled up for Martins. Hopefully they'll get a couple of players with a real sense of ambition in the summer, and i hope that at least Fabregas would stay back for one more season to give the title another try then. But i doubt he will. I bet all he was fantasizing about on that pitch tonight was if he had gone to Barca last summer,he might be laying his hands on the champions league this year, but its always harmless to be optimistic. The Gunners will get there someday cuz no team wins forever. ONE UNITED.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by CrudeOil2(m): 12:23am On Mar 09, 2011
Finally, Barcelona plays beautiful football, the kind of football I will love to see chelsea play

God forbid!!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by elowa: 12:23am On Mar 09, 2011
@DK,
Music please. Let no arsenal fan threaten you with a ban for doing yor job  grin i dey yor back.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by efeboy(m): 12:27am On Mar 09, 2011
on a lighter note,

It would be nice to see S. Bousquet play for Arsenal. As in OFFICIALLY. (see the way the guy intentionally head the ball in.)

On a more serious note,

How about we swapping Bousquet for Wilshere, since we have a Mascherano that is more experienced and solid. Am telling you, Wilshere will add

something even more deadly and different to the midfield of Barcelona. Plus there would be more options for talismanic players like Iniesta.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Marlbron: 12:27am On Mar 09, 2011
Go to bed and reflect over it. I bet you will wake up with a smile and agree with me that Barca na Baba . BTW the red part makes you sound astronomically angered and bitter.

Not bitter at all, but the ref has a history of cock ups. If you track refs, this one is one of the worse refs in Europe. He's got no clue. No Arsenal fan should feel bitter, because we beat Barca fair and square in London and lost to poor decisions at the Nou Camp.

-Sending off, terrible. Messi also kicked a ball after the whistle. Please check out Van persies interview. He didn't hear the whistle and the time lapse was 1 sec, , 1 sec, wtf!

- The penalty was a dodgy call. Plus he called fouls for Barca and none for Arsenal, despite repeated fouls committed by Barca.

- Offside calls not picked up by linesmen.

As for the stats, Barca will always have more possession than any team they play, that is a fact. They pass the ball around the mid very well, and because they press very hard, they can hurt you before you get a chance to clear the ball.

Barca is a quality side, but against Arsenal today they needed the ref to win, which is a shame really. The most watched match in the tournament turns out to be a big farce. At this rate, decent people will be put off watching footy.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by sicily4u: 12:33am On Mar 09, 2011
all the chelsea and arsenal fans should go and sit in the goter
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by DASLEEKY: 12:39am On Mar 09, 2011
[size=18pt]I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION;
WHAT WAS WENGER'S GAME PLAN?
TO "PARK THE BUS" WHEN YOUR WHOLE SQUAD DOESNT EVEN MEASURE UP TO A BICYCLE?
DIDN'T THINK SO TOO,
SO IF REF NO bleep UP BARCA FOR SCORE ANODA OWN GOAL FOR AM ABI??

UPON ALL THE NOISE ABOUT SEXY FOOTBALL, INTER -BARCA LAST YEAR WAS A BETTER GAME,
[/size]
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by efeboy(m): 12:40am On Mar 09, 2011
@phreakabit.

If  you say am not a barca fan maybe you are right. But am definitely a fan of good footie and most importantly FAIR PLAY.

You see teams like Barcelona, Arsenal, Tottenham and the rest exhibits such style of football, and whenever I see them play, that is what I look out for.

I don't just want to see them win. I want to see them win in a fair manner.

Don't get me wrong. Am not blaming barcelona for the blue murder that happened this night. I am pointing out the effect the gross indiscipline of the ref

had on the Arsenal team and the game in totality.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by dondavids: 12:41am On Mar 09, 2011
This Message is for Crude Oil and sicily4u and any Barcelona fan that dares attempt to sweep today injustice over Arsenal and English football under the carpet.

You guys are the reason why Nigeria will never progress. Until people like you guys stop this win at all cost mentality. Until you guys learn to speak against

injustice even if it was done your favour, Nigeria will continue to lag behind even will all our oil money.

God forbid bad thing if people with flexible conscience like you guys find yourselves in leadership positions in this country, then we are all finished.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Young Boys Vs Manchester United UCL (0 - 3) On 19th September 2018 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 0) On 25th October 2015 / Arsenal Vs Brighton EFL Cup (1 - 3) On 9th November 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.