Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) (20921 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To The Quarter-Finals?

Barcelona: 42% (43 votes)
Arsenal: 57% (59 votes)
This poll has ended

Hull City Vs Arsenal: FA Cup (0 - 4) On 8th March 2016 / Barcelona Vs Arsenal : UCL (3 - 1) On 16th March 2016 / Barcelona Vs Juventus : UCL (3 - 1) On 6th June 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Mcfemad(m): 9:19am On Mar 09, 2011
Barcelona 3, Arsenal 1. Barca won the match but Arsenal was a better side. No doubt about it, the match was full of irregularities, Ojoro and mago mago. The team could not score a good clean goal. Shame to Barca, No wonder PDP members are Barca fans. They too like Ojoro. Arsenal for life!!!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by RuuDie(m): 9:22am On Mar 09, 2011
I don't blame the ref oh & all that 1-sec chant is bulls.h.y.t.e - RVP took a touch that seemed an eternity before he hit the ball, so why wouldn't the ref suspect time-wasting when as early as the 15th minute Wilshere was rolling around feigning injury grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by omo9ja1(m): 9:22am On Mar 09, 2011
well all good and well gunners there is another hope of tittle, but you need to get solid players not boys, football is for men with strong mind, however ref need to be caution on such sensitive game decision he made run some hope, but barca outplay gunners!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by gentlegg(m): 9:23am On Mar 09, 2011
I am beginning to hate the game of soccer simply because of referees. Fifa should think of introducing a way of analyzing and evaluating critical referee's decision during a match.

Arsenal = 5 yellow cards + 1 red(most stupid reason) + 1penalty
Barca = 0 yellow (despite Dani Alves WWE) + 0 red card + 0 penalty

Even if na Angels Vs Demons with Lucifer refereeing. Haba
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by denzel2009: 9:32am On Mar 09, 2011
Mcfemad:

Barcelona 3, Arsenal 1. Barca won the match but Arsenal was a better side. No doubt about it, the match was full of irregularities, Ojoro and mago mago. The team could not score a good clean goal. Shame to Barca, No wonder PDP members are Barca fans. They too like Ojoro. Arsenal for life!!!

That's so true cheesy
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by olumyde5(m): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2011
Mcfemad:

Barca definitely outplayed arsenal you guys had no shot on goal and barca even scored 4 goals, even after the gift bendtner even cudn't control the ball properly and win the game for arsenal even if the penalty was ruled out the pressure was too much you guys cant contain them, there'll still score. Please tell
Prof make em buy beta players cos you guys featured unfit players and even the bench is nofin to write home about. THIS IS UCL AND NOT CARLING CUP, I DONT REALLY THINK THEY ARE TITLE HUNGRY, PSCHEWWWWW
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by leMuhito(f): 9:38am On Mar 09, 2011
Another example of Barcalona

ROUGHING their way to success

such a shame!

YOU RIGHT!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by RuuDie(m): 9:39am On Mar 09, 2011
Quick question pls. . . . when RVP hit that sweet equalizing shot for Arsenal in the first leg, how many seconds did it take him to turn and shoot!!?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Phlota(f): 9:40am On Mar 09, 2011
gentlegg:

I am beginning to hate the game of soccer simply because of referees. Fifa should think of introducing a way of analyzing and evaluating critical referee's decision during a match.

Arsenal = 5 yellow cards + 1 red(most silly reason) + 1penalty
Barca = 0 yellow (despite Dani Alves WWE) + 0 red card + 0 penalty

Even if na Angels Vs Demons with Lucifer refereeing. Haba

my views as wel, nw dey tel us d ref is on suspensn 4 3 matches afta causin so much havoc
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ddippset(m): 9:50am On Mar 09, 2011
did i just read someone just say arsenal was the better side? arsenal that refused to play football, arsenal that packed the bus, abidal and pique were always at the centre circle, arsenal that could not put 3 passes 2geda. had only 35% ball possession, game could be 8-1, even b4 the red card. how many times did van persie touch the ball b4 he was sent off?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by dipo2much(m): 9:58am On Mar 09, 2011
@ddippset

So you saw pique on the field yesterday. I am not surprised. I bet pique was ur MOTM for not even allowin a shot at valdes
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by bisiaet: 9:59am On Mar 09, 2011
I was shock when the referee took such decision though am not Arsena fan but I strongly condemn the referee decision I dont know why all the time Barcelona always cheated to go through in this kind of game I just see it like a serious corru[tion in the field of playing. As a match official you can not be favouring a team in expense of the other in a game of such magnitude it is a show of shame.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ddippset(m): 10:00am On Mar 09, 2011
dipo2much:

@ddippset

So you saw pique on the field yesterday. I am not surprised. I bet pique was your MOTM for not even allowin a shot at valdes
 hey, u know i meant busquets, address my real issues, dont b**ch!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ddippset(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2011
bisiaet:

I was shock when the referee took such decision though am not Arsena fan but I strongly condemn the referee decision I dont know why all the time Barcelona always cheated to go through in this kind of game I just see it like a serious corru[tion in the field of playing. As a match official you can not be favouring a team in expense of the other in a game of such magnitude it is a show of shame.
stop yapping. arsenal had no shot on goal. they deserved to lose.  when messi scored a legit goal last 3 weeks and was disallowed, u all looked the other way and pretended not 2 see it, now y'all can see clearly!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by sley4life(m): 10:06am On Mar 09, 2011
up barca
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ddippset(m): 10:07am On Mar 09, 2011
van persie and wenger say the ref killed the game. was there a game at all? it was a barca training session! a stroll in the park.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by kobikwelu(m): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2011
seriously speaking, arsenal has been our only threat to winning the trophy,

now that arsenal is gone, the cup is as good as ours,
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ddippset(m): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2011
kobikwelu:

seriously speaking, arsenal has been our only threat to winning the trophy,

now that arsenal is gone, the cup is as good as ours,

dont be too quick partner. chelsea i fear most.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by lokya(f): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2011
arsenal na wah oh grin grin grin grin

Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by dipo2much(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2011
With barca only scorin a goal in the first half,and bosquet scorin a equaliser,the ref knew that barca was on their way out of the CL. So he took it upon himself to push barca thru. I have never seen a striker collect a second yellow card for being offside,or 'wasting time'.
Everybody except fools know that that single ref decision is the reason barca went thru.
We arsenal fans have nothin to be ashamed of. We have shown that at full strength and without any bias,we will knock barca out over two legs.
Arsenal all the way
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by olaolabiy: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2011
Imagine! Messi controlled the ball with his hand, deliberately o, yet no booking. Abegie!

An Arsenal player was sent off for a silly excuse.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ddippset(m): 10:25am On Mar 09, 2011
!
dipo2much:

With barca only scorin a goal in the first half,and bosquet scorin a equaliser,the ref knew that barca was on their way out of the CL. So he took it upon himself to push barca thru. I have never seen a striker collect a second yellow card for being offside,or 'wasting time'.
Everybody except fools know that that single ref decision is the reason barca went thru.  
We arsenal fans have nothin to be ashamed of. We have shown that at full strength and without any bias,we will knock barca out over two le
 u seem really pissed off and ur comments r disgusting. ure out of touch with reality. maybe u should replay the birmingham game 2.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ddippset(m): 10:28am On Mar 09, 2011
messi lionel- 45 goals already with @ least 13 more games to go. hate him or love him you gotta ask urself where's this guy from?
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Nwaokike(f): 10:30am On Mar 09, 2011
Despite Arsenal having no shot on target in the match, i felt 4 them. those boys tried sad sad They didn't deserve to loose like that. The ref spoilt that game.

So chin up, boys. Two trophies are still up for grabs starting this weekend against ur second senior brothers grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ManTJ1(m): 10:31am On Mar 09, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Barka, jeun loooooooooooooooooooooooooo
barka leads others just dey follow us
[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=8pt][color=#006600]lol[/color][/size]
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ddippset(m): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2011
barca took arsenal on a one nite stand and she took it so well in the a**
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by tocdee(m): 10:38am On Mar 09, 2011
dipo2much:

We arsenal fans have nothin to be ashamed of. We have shown that at full strength and without any bias,we will knock barca out over two legs.
Arsenal all the way

Silly comment. I think it's easy (and lazy) to blame the referee for the outcome of the match and Arsenal always does so. A smarter manager would concentrate on finding out why his team could not muster a single shot on goal for 90+ mins!! His players should take a long, hard look at themselves and question their performance. After all, the ref would never place a ban on them from getting on the score sheet.

Best team (by a mile) won!!
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Frandey: 10:44am On Mar 09, 2011
UP BARCA! arsenal are like igbo people when it favour them, they will say we are superior ethnic group in nigeria but when it's against them, they will shout marginalization. when ref support 1 team is (whenever there is penalty and fail to award it),(when it foul he fail to give free kick),(when one scored goal and disallowed), these 3 things is unfair in a football game and it's been done to barcelona still they won and qualify 4 next round, and u chelsea/man u/epl fans come to make useless comment not even gunners because they knew they're defeated.
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by ideylaff: 11:03am On Mar 09, 2011
[b]There is 1 thing, I'd take, in a football match,

Trying your very best irrespective of the situation

Not trying at all is criminal, even if it's Mighty Barca nko, 

Eyimba would not play Barca and not have 1 shot on target in 90+ minutes

We were nervous form the start Bar Nasria and WilsheEre who bothe knew the importance of the match

Cesc could not play against Barca, he was a bag of nerves so much that he gave Iniesta the ball on a platter of gold,

The had 2 make shift Centre half's on the pitch last night and we did not even bother to try them

WE ARE NOT A DEFENSIVE TEAM, SO WHY SET YOUR STALL OUT FORM THE WHISTLE AS A DEFENSIVE TEAM

FEW WEEKS AGO ESPAYNOL WITH LESS BETTER PLAYERS THAN US PLAYED THEM AND GAVE THEIR ALL, EVEN VALENCIA OVER THE WEEKEND

WE REALLY LET OURSELVES DOWN YESTERDAY, REF OR NOT WE COULD HAVE AT LEAST TRIED

As defensive minded as Morigho is, he never plays Barca and not have a shot on target

Lets admit it we were as nervous as a bunch of 10 year old, 4get about Barca bn all that good

Even Luton Town FC or even Blackpool will not play Barca and not have a shot on target.

Diaby, Roscisky and co were playing as if they had valium in their Brains,

Shame on them.

[/b] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Whiteb(m): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2011
Ref is not gud enough
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Ibomade1: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2011
I believe I saw the referee jumping up and down after the match in the Barca jersey he wore under his white vest angry
Re: Barcelona Vs Arsenal @ UCL: 3 - 1 (8th March 2011) by Phlota(f): 11:14am On Mar 09, 2011
yea, no shot on target bt we stiil tried, i mean, we all saw hw Barca played
Ibo-made:

I believe I saw the referee jumping up and down after the match in the Barca jersey he wore under his white vest angry
rily, didnt c dat

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Bournemouth Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 8th April 2017 / Chelsea Vs Newcastle United (1 - 0) On 19th October 2019 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (0 - 0) On 25th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.