Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Restructuring Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Nigeria (474 Views)

Restructuring Nigeria Doesn’t Depend On North, Anybody ― PANDEF / In The Most Simple And Basic Terms, What Is Meant By Restructuring Nigeria. / Positive Things Restructuring Nigeria Will Bring! - Foreign Diplomat Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Restructuring Nigeria by OGMoney1960: 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
I come in peace, I clamour for a restructured Nigeria, a working Nigeria, though we have our differences but our unity has come a long way. I hereby propose a 10 semi AUTONOMOUS regional structure for Nigeria, 5 in the North and 5 in the south with a Unicameral legislature, South African stlyed Parliamentary System and Two Party politics.

MY RESTRUCTURING PROPOSAL:

NORTH:
NORTH WESTERN- Kebbi, sokoto, zamfara, katsina, Kano, Jigawa, kaduna North.

NORTH EASTERN- Bauchi, Yobe, Gombe, Borno, South-Jigawa.

KWA-NIGER- Niger state and Kwara (Fulani+Bariba areas only)

NORTH CENTRAL- Southern-Kaduna, Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue, Kogi (Igala+Ebira only)

ADAMAWA- Taraba and Adamawa.

SOUTH:
SOUTH WESTERN- Yoruba speaking, Kogi-Okun+kwara south+Itshekiri

BENDEL- Edo, Delta (Urobho+Isoko only).

NIGER DELTA- Delta (Ijaw area), Bayelsa, Rivers (Ijaw area), PH (Ijaw area) and Ogoni peoples.

SOUTH CENTRAL- Igbo speaking, Delta Igbo+Igbanke (Anioma) and Rivers Upland.

AKWA-CROSS- Cross River and Akwa Ibom.

All Regions shall have its own Constitutions, Regional Police, Flags, Legislative Assemblies, Resource Control, Premier Government and Political divisions.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria by ijawcitizen(m): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2020
In my opinion, we should maintain the current six regions with some adjustments.

These should be added to Middle belt : Kaduna South, southern bauchi, southern gombe, southern borno, and less Islamic parts of Adamawa & Taraba. While the more Islamic parts of Niger and Kwara north should go to the North West.

The Okun Yoruba of Kogi West and Kwara central and South should join the South West.

But it will not be possible for Itsekiri to join the SW as they do not have a direct boundary with Yoruba. The entire Delta-Ondo boundary is occupied by Ijaws and across the border into Ondo state is the Ijaw-owned Ese-Odo local government area.

Itsekiris can only be part of SW if Edo agrees to join SW.

For the SS, ANIOMA region especially, the Ndokwa/Ukwani & Ika will never agree to join the SE, that leaves Aniocha & Oshimili to join the SE. The Ndoni, Egbema, Asa, Etchie and Omuma of northern rivers should join the SE too.

Otherwise, the SS is okay as there is no clamour from any quarters to split the Niger Delta into two or three, except a particular region that is trying hard to apply divide and conquer on the unity and solidarity of the South South.

(1) (Reply)

#endswat: FG Is Thoughtful, Sensitive About Young Nigerians – Osinbajo / Channels TV Is Off Air Due To Fear Of Attack!! / Watch Live President Buhari Address Nigerians Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.