Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. (683 Views)

My Rx300 4WD Is Dragging On Reverse. / Help...my RX300 Doesn't Rev Above 2200rpm With Trac Off / Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. by Dubblechief4422: 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2020
I drove d car from asaba to Lagos on monday and it moved very well, on Tuesday I moved from aja round about to eleko and it moved freely, on Wednesday I drove it from eleko and it was hesitanting till I got to kajola aja and the car stopped moving even when it's on drive and it moved back when put in R for a while looking for where to pack and it later stopped too, am confused and I don't know what to do as I don't trust d mechanic as his saying d "gear box done burn" pls I need help... Nairaland pls help
Re: I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. by Coldplay007(f): 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2020
E don burn...
Re: I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. by Gabbiecar: 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
It might be the part that sends power to the rear wheels, those are known to fail on RX300s
Re: I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. by nurey(m): 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2020
Dubblechief4422:
I drove d car from asaba to Lagos on monday and it moved very well, on Tuesday I moved from aja round about to eleko and it moved freely, on Wednesday I drove it from eleko and it was hesitanting till I got to kajola aja and the car stopped moving even when it's on drive and it moved back when put in R for a while looking for where to pack and it later stopped too, am confused and I don't know what to do as I don't trust d mechanic as his saying d "gear box done burn" pls I need help... Nairaland pls help

if I were in your shoes I will

1. check the transmission dipstick and check the color if black with burnt smell transmission has kaput.

2. I will check underneath and around the vehicle for loose wires which could cause break in communication.

3. I will find someone to scan the transmission for me. if faulty then my diagnosis to the problem is solved.

4. if your Rx is 4wd I believe you should have been hearing a grinding noise if actually the rear axle is the cause.
Re: I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. by Dubblechief4422: 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
nurey:

if I were in your shoes I will

1. check the transmission dipstick and check the color if black with burnt smell transmission has kaput.

2. I will check underneath and around the vehicle for loose wires which could cause break in communication.

3. I will find someone to scan the transmission for me. if faulty then my diagnosis to the problem is solved.

4. if your Rx is 4wd I believe you should have been hearing a grinding noise if actually the rear axle is the cause.

Is dat how d gear crash just like dat?
Re: I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. by Okika123(m): 6:08am On Oct 16, 2020
gear box problem. try checking the oil if its short
Re: I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. by sultaan(m): 1:12am On Oct 17, 2020
I hate to be the first to say scan first, but Nigerians and their expensive habits are 5&6
Re: I Need Urgent Help On My Rx300.. by Chukwujohn(m): 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2020
Dear op, has the issue been resolved? Kindly contact me on WhatsApp 07026487133

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed!! Cars Needed for Hire Purchase / Masda Cars Expert Advice Needed / Toyota Corolla Car Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.