Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! (15889 Views)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Australia Is The World’s Happiest Country — Again / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by shadex1(m): 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2006
I agree wiv orikinla.its ignorance
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2006
How do you people measure happinesss?
If it is in dollars and pounds Nigeria is not a happy nation,

But if it is being content with life and loving life as it goes by and enjoying what little you have Nigeria is up there,
I bet you did not know that the poorest people tend to be far more happier then the rich people, Money is the Root of All EVil, But we gats get am
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Badman888(m): 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2006
yea they are alot of rich people over here but they no happy, they either have one problem or the other to think about,
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2006
Mo money Mo problems : Biggie Said it Best
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by kafero(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2006
Happiness is in a person not a location cool
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by bluenubian(f): 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2006
i believe it , they dont mean happy as in maybe wealthy, i think its because we know how to have fun, common, look at nairaland for example, then our soccer team, our parties, how we like to dress and show off, that why we were voted happiest country in the world
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by mukina2: 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2006
u people think ure da happiest keep dreaming cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by bluenubian(f): 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2006
hey muki , i am happy, cant u see grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by mukina2: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2006
well blue am happiest grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by howddy4(f): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2006
this is definantly true, we r suffering and smilling smiley
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by kafero(m): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2006
Happiness is in an individual. You are as happy as you make yourself to be!
I am a Nigerian and I am very happy- if I move to Ghana tommorrow I am still going to be happy. See, render the little help you can in life, accept the fact that there will be sufferings around and just live your life.Life is short so be happyand accept your person. smiley
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by gem87(f): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2006
word!
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Mercy88(f): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2006
bluenubian:

i believe it , they don't mean happy as in maybe wealthy, i think its because we know how to have fun, common, look at nairaland for example, then our soccer team, our parties, how we like to dress and show off, that why we were voted happiest country in the world
word! cool
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by kafero(m): 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2006
having problems is part of life. If you don't have problems you should start begging God to give you some- but inspite of your problems be happy. Enjoy where you are on your way to where you are going.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by GL(f): 12:19am On Jun 06, 2006
kafero:

Happiness is in an individual. You are as happy as you make yourself to be!
I am a Nigerian and I am very happy- if I move to Ghana tommorrow I am still going to be happy. See, render the little help you can in life, accept the fact that there will be sufferings around and just live your life.Life is short so be happyand accept your person. smiley

I think what they mean is Nigerians as a whole. There may be Nigerians who aren't happy, but when considered as a group, Nigerians are happier than citizens of other countries. The whole world knows that Nigerians aren't all comfortable and satisfied. We are generally hopeful people, we always believe that things would turn out well one day. Even those who dont believe anything good can come out of Nigeria are positive concerning themselves. This is probably what makes us happy. A psychologist who was talking about these reports on tv said Nigerians, and Africans in general, hardly suffer from depression. And that, depression is not a disease of poor people only. Happiness is not based on the circumstances the person is in alone, it is the state of mind. For people in our condition we're really happy people. You can see that by the way we celebrate - parties, birthdays, naming ceremonies, weddings etc. We love celebrations. We love dancing; even songs that lament over the situation of the country feature dancers!
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by geniusmuyi(m): 5:34pm On Jun 08, 2006
A world wide reseach was carried out just last year in 185 countries of the world to determine the country with happiest people and guess what! Nigeria emerged number one i mean the happiest people. But come to think of it- are nigerians the happiest people indeed?
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by DaHitler(m): 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2006
I think the average Nigerian knows so little about the rest of the world, that they have no idea how much better their lives could be. Like they say ignorance is bliss.

I can prove this by all the air headed Nigerians that advocate one Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by trumic(m): 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2006
this is like so dumb angry
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by DaHitler(m): 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2006
tru_mic, it is true. This is not the first time I have seen the report. I also heard from another report that Nigerians are very patriotic.

I think the foreign observers that conduct these poles might be too easily swayed by the praise singers.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by DRANOEL(m): 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2006
if theres anyone that knows nothing about nigeria it is you afeni,you are so shallow minded (no offence)
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by food4tot: 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2006
Don't know how they came about with the results but I know Nigerian smiles are genuine and most UK smiles are professionally plastic.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by molluma(f): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2006
i agree
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Shagari2(m): 8:13pm On Jun 08, 2006
Fela has said it, "everyday my people dey inside bus, suffering and smiling"
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Ndipe(m): 2:55am On Jun 09, 2006
This topic has been debated over and again on this board.

And yeah, I do agree that Nigerians are generally happy people.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Hotstepper(f): 3:06am On Jun 09, 2006
why is diz topic here again? na wah
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by geniusmuyi(m): 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2006
But do you know that a poor man can be happier than a rich man. Happiness may not be influenced by amount of resources sometimes
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by DaHitler(m): 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2006
Happines is influenced only by ignorance.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by Alexos(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2006
Fela said something about it:
'Suffering embarassed and Smilling grin

Maybe he was right
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by LiquidMind(m): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2006
Nigeria Are Happy people indeed cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:19pm On Jun 09, 2006
Afeni:

Happines is influenced only by ignorance.

WTF are trying to say here, only by ignorance, First Class Mumu indeed, do you want to re-phraise ur sentence
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by DaHitler(m): 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2006
JosBoy4lif, no, I do not want to rephrase my sentence.

Think about it, 200 years ago, having a good life and being happy would have meant having enough land to feed yourself. Maybe even having enough yam left over to trade for that leopard skin you always wanted. But fast forward to present, and those things will not a make a person happy. Now, people want luxury cars and massive houses with air conditioner and constant electricity. You see my point, there more you know, the more you have to compare.

Everything in life is relative. So, most Nigerians being ignorant about life outside their borders would make it appear as if their life is fairly decent. While advanced countries like Japan are battling with the highest suicide rate while their country enjoys the second largest economy in the world. The problem being, the Japanese know too much. There is so much that they now desire that they can never be satisfied with their life.

The more you know, the less you enjoy. Hence the reason why many of our best years are during childhood.
Re: Nigeria: The Happiest Country In The World! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2006
Yes true, our best time of our life is enjoyed when we are young because we do not know better,

But here you are making ur sweeping generalizations that happiness includes a luxury car and etcetera. Recently i was in Nigeria for 9 months,
Luxury was out of the question but it still reamains one fo the happiest moments in my life so far,
There was no steady light, i was riding bus just like every other joe, I fell sick, even had surgery, but i was happy
Do you know why, because i was experiencing a sense of belonging, experiencing love from those most close to me

So i hope you understand what makes you happy does not necessarily make the next person happy
Life is based on experiences and more so is happinness not ignorance, Did you know that there are some bumbs in toronto who are well to do, but they enjoy that rugged lifestyle, go figure eh.

Some many people like you have become materialistic and see happinness as what you have and dont have, but this is a an illusion, mere vanity upon vanity. I came from the dirt and i will die in the dirt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Temporarily Closed For Four Days / Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia! / Hyundai Car Loses Control In Ikorodu, 3 Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.