Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP (33285 Views)

Communique From The Meeting Of South-East Governors Forum / Details Of FBI Meeting With IGP Baba Over Abba Kyari, Hushpuppi / Osinbajo Meets With IGP Adamu, DSS Boss, Bichi Over SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by goodheart02(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
I supported these protests at the beginning but not any longer.

As you're ranting that you have a constitutional right to protest, do you not know that others also have constitutional rights not to associate with your protest and constitutional rights to movement for their legitimate economic activities. Why then are you blocking the road and ostracizing anyone that doesn't support your position.

As far as I'm concerned, the president's announcement rendered all further protests illegitimate.

You can't just be protesting forever. There has to be dialogue. After the IGP and president announced the disbandment of sars, the IGP went further to announce that all sars operatives have being recalled to force headquarters where they will be investigated, undergo tests etc. He agreed to your 5of5. He has released all protesters arrested. He agreed to allow Davido setup an independent panel to oversee the reforms. He also announced that a new tactical squad SWAT has being established to take over the activities of sars and training will begin in one week. He said they won't check phones, no former sars member will be recruited into the new SWAT. Then the next thing we here is, EndSWAT

What exactly is your problem? Should we not have tactical unit against armed robbery again. Is the solution to bad leadership, no leadership? You want to give armed robbers free chance to operate? You should have said EndPolice, EndSecurity instead of just EndSars

What we should be seeing at this point after the IGP's announcement is dialogue between the government and representatives of the protesters. Both sides must be ready to be reasonable and ready to make concessions. If after all this, the government still refuses to make any changes, then you can return to the streets. But no, they said they don't want to have any representatives, that they will continue protesting forever. Even the Hong Kong protests have leaders that if the government wants to negotiate, they know who to call.

Another thing is that most of the twitter influencers, adding salt and maggi to the protests, firing up the protesters, preaching about how the protesters must go back and never back down, are not even in Nigeria. One Nigerian doctor in the UK and another Dipo something in the UK. The UK based Dipo was even invited to a zoom meeting held yesterday between the CBN governor, dangote, elumelu and other influential protesters, to show you how influential he is concerning the protests. If these protests lead to chaos, they will be there safe in the UK while the ones here that have refused to be sensible will be the ones to pay the price.

Some are even already throwing jokes about war in Nigeria on twitter and how they cant wait for it and many are laughing. I just shake my head. If only they have seen war.

Now that the protesters have shown that they're are not reasonable and even having clashes with thugs, I believe full military force is justified, before this thing leads to Civil War. If they don't agree to take a break and dialogue like any reasonable person should, then roll out the tanks and guns and we can redact Tiananmen Square here in Nigeria.

Another scary thing is the funding for the protests. If funding was just from within the country, I wont be concerned, but I am particularly scared about the funding coming from outside the country (over N35Million now). Even yesterday, the flutterwave account was said to be shut down by the cbn (which later turned out to be false, it was temporarily suspended by the company's chairman due to suspicious activity) and they continued accepting donations by bitcoin and crypto, boasting that they are untraceable and the CBN cannot control these.

It made me think to myself, so this is how foreign actors, enemies, foreign terrorist groups will freely fund movements that can tip this country into turmoil.

I can imagine the joy going on at the Elysee Palace in Paris. France's biggest geopolitical foe is on the brink of chaos. They tried weakening Nigeria by breaking it up during the civil war and failed. They have another opportunity now, to destroy Nigeria finally and be the major uncontested power in West Africa. It's inconceivable that French intelligence will not be looking to take advantage of this situation. They might already be part of those providing funds to keep these protests going.

Post credit : Ultron12345

I believe u typed all these gibberish (which I wasted my time to read) from a comfortable zone. U are the one who isn't in Nigeria to notice that the plight of the people has reached to it's optimum and an urgent action needs to take place to put this nation in order. People are hungry, jobless, sick and dying because of poor health care, yet money is being embezzled in quantum. Yet politicians keep traveling abroad for mere check ups. We just came out of lockdown and all the government can offer is increase in tariffs and fuel price.

With the way this nation is going, how do u think it would look in the next 30yrs?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by GreenDestiny2: 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2020
uptimum123:

I am sure you didn't read the communique

#EndProtestNow

Let the Government do their job

Please link me with your paymaster. You can't be sweating to post these in vain.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by airoport: 4:40pm On Oct 15, 2020
uptimum123:
Good...

It's time to end the protest.

#EndProtestNow

E for good if the government even shake body arrest some of the fingered SARS officers. It will surely cool nerves. That would also signal a commitment to justice for the victims. I agree that the protests are getting too long, but govt can douse it with that proactive step.
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by nkwuocha: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2020
[s]
Blackmoran:
see one of the confused protester, and keyboard warrior, from end SARS to restructuring and you believe this protest alone will achieve that and make Nigeria a great nation... wake up from your dream... protest has done is work, now is no more business as usual again for the Nigeria police force and is other unit under it.. any further protest will make this fight lost is relevance..
[/s]

Guy, fc_k off.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by Elan83(m): 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2020
As the sword of Nigerian politicians & their wickedness has made our mothers sorrowful & childless,so shall their mothers & daughters be childless among women! Curse be upon them & their evil generations, born & unborn! ,
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by Bighead9: 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2020
FoolaniBandit:
Don't EndSars alone. End Nigeria too. #EndNigeria

IGBO MAN.

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by iwaeda: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2020
DMerciful:
The youths are not saying what's in their minds. They weren't happy with fuel and electricity hike, massive corruption as well as SARS brutality. The demand should be restructuring or ending of this contraption!

SÒRÒ SÔKEEEEE
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by iwaeda: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2020
Elan83:
As the sword of Nigerian politicians & their wickedness has made our mothers sorrowful & childless,so shall their mothers & daughters be childless among women! Curse be upon them & their evil generations, born & unborn! ,

Why is SWAT being formed immediately from the same people, 50 per command?
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by 989900: 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2020
The anti-protest's ignorance on Nairaland is alarming.
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by 989900: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
[s]I supported these protests at the beginning but not any longer.

As you're ranting that you have a constitutional right to protest, do you not know that others also have constitutional rights not to associate with your protest and constitutional rights to movement for their legitimate economic activities. Why then are you blocking the road and ostracizing anyone that doesn't support your position.

As far as I'm concerned, the president's announcement rendered all further protests illegitimate.

You can't just be protesting forever. There has to be dialogue. After the IGP and president announced the disbandment of sars, the IGP went further to announce that all sars operatives have being recalled to force headquarters where they will be investigated, undergo tests etc. He agreed to your 5of5. He has released all protesters arrested. He agreed to allow Davido setup an independent panel to oversee the reforms. He also announced that a new tactical squad SWAT has being established to take over the activities of sars and training will begin in one week. He said they won't check phones, no former sars member will be recruited into the new SWAT. Then the next thing we here is, EndSWAT

What exactly is your problem? Should we not have tactical unit against armed robbery again. Is the solution to bad leadership, no leadership? You want to give armed robbers free chance to operate? You should have said EndPolice, EndSecurity instead of just EndSars

What we should be seeing at this point after the IGP's announcement is dialogue between the government and representatives of the protesters. Both sides must be ready to be reasonable and ready to make concessions. If after all this, the government still refuses to make any changes, then you can return to the streets. But no, they said they don't want to have any representatives, that they will continue protesting forever. Even the Hong Kong protests have leaders that if the government wants to negotiate, they know who to call.

Another thing is that most of the twitter influencers, adding salt and maggi to the protests, firing up the protesters, preaching about how the protesters must go back and never back down, are not even in Nigeria. One Nigerian doctor in the UK and another Dipo something in the UK. The UK based Dipo was even invited to a zoom meeting held yesterday between the CBN governor, dangote, elumelu and other influential protesters, to show you how influential he is concerning the protests. If these protests lead to chaos, they will be there safe in the UK while the ones here that have refused to be sensible will be the ones to pay the price.

Some are even already throwing jokes about war in Nigeria on twitter and how they cant wait for it and many are laughing. I just shake my head. If only they have seen war.

Now that the protesters have shown that they're are not reasonable and even having clashes with thugs, I believe full military force is justified, before this thing leads to Civil War. If they don't agree to take a break and dialogue like any reasonable person should, then roll out the tanks and guns and we can redact Tiananmen Square here in Nigeria.

Another scary thing is the funding for the protests. If funding was just from within the country, I wont be concerned, but I am particularly scared about the funding coming from outside the country (over N35Million now). Even yesterday, the flutterwave account was said to be shut down by the cbn (which later turned out to be false, it was temporarily suspended by the company's chairman due to suspicious activity) and they continued accepting donations by bitcoin and crypto, boasting that they are untraceable and the CBN cannot control these.

It made me think to myself, so this is how foreign actors, enemies, foreign terrorist groups will freely fund movements that can tip this country into turmoil.

I can imagine the joy going on at the Elysee Palace in Paris. France's biggest geopolitical foe is on the brink of chaos. They tried weakening Nigeria by breaking it up during the civil war and failed. They have another opportunity now, to destroy Nigeria finally and be the major uncontested power in West Africa. It's inconceivable that French intelligence will not be looking to take advantage of this situation. They might already be part of those providing funds to keep these protests going.[/s]

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by ibedun: 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2020
nkwuocha:
This people think say na only SARS matter make youths dey street?
Why are they feigning ignorance to the main issue here which is revolution to bring the government to her kneels and restructure the country or outright seccession?

The kind hungry wey dey now no be gun for stop the protest,and na youths dey hungry untop that most dey jobless, untop that we just come out from almost 3 months lockdown so most self don get small psycho wey dey torment them already.

Just small mistake and everywhere will start burning, just small kpakam, small one no be big one o, and e go red everywhere.

At this point if you're a politician Fu+ck you, weda you good or you bad, Fu+vk you.The injustice in every sector if this country is too much, we Don too bury innocent people for this country.We Don too suffer.

Una go just dey thief money yet poor people dey die for hospital everyday.Nothing is working.

Our youth dey commit suicide EVERYDAY
Our mothers dey naked comot bra because of government wahala
Our girls dey sleep with politician wey go fuc$k them finish any how, still use them do money yet no go still give them work to better their lives.
Our intelligent young men dey thief goat, fowl, because of hungry,yet bags of rice dey rot away for Nigeria custom hand.

Broad day light, we go dey burn ourselves our brothers wey thief because of frustration.

How many people wey you won help?
If you use church mind clear your account for people wey dey buzz you, the ones wey still never collect still dey beg, wetin you go do?You will just be watching helplessly as your G dey beg you 5k.

See Abuja plenty houses,multi million dollar houses roting away in emptiness for years yet una go carry bulldozer pull down houses of your gateman,cook, Gardener, hairdresser, mechanic,plumber,etc.
You will not make the houses cheap, but will still eradicate the affordable ones.Pay good salaries so they can afford the better ones, problem.You pay them wages meant for your dogs and underpants!

You thieves are wasting your time meeting yourselves.The trend is changed now.

#RevolutionNow
#EndNepotism
#RestructureOrSecession

APC PDP ACN NNPC Bleep YOU ALL.
We hate the foundation which the Nigerian system is based on, we the youth are too advanced to succumb to the old ways of doing things.

If the North cannot fall in line and merge with the current advancement which the Southerners are beginning to long for, o boy, make we go our separate ways.We can't continue to watch cows take over the capital of naija.How I go dey Waka for town in the FCT dey March cow shiit! For what?!!!! In this 21st century

See we need to address finally how we go dey live this country, because e be like say we don too endure so tee we come dey turn mumu.

E go red finally.

Ipob! You will be shot!

Anymore nonsense protests will be put down. I also have the right to a peaceful private life which you are disrupting.
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by ibedun: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2020
nkwuocha:
[s][/s]

Guy, fc_k off.

Like I said you will be SHOT!

I pity your remains.....
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by tot(f): 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2020
WandaNara:
Restructure or Divide Nigeria now.

Please keep posting these pics, let people be hit with the reality.
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by nkwuocha: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
ibedun:

Like I said you will be SHOT!

I pity your remains.....

#RevolutionNow

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by uptimum123(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
airoport:

E for good if the government even shake body arrest some of the fingered SARS officers. It will surely cool nerves. That would also signal a commitment to justice for the victims. I agree that the protests are getting too long, but govt can douse it with that proactive step.

I has always been done in the past.

The Government are presently trying to do too many things at the same time to end this protest.

#EndProtestNow

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by writeprof(m): 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2020
Governors' Forum indeed! If every governor had the interest of their state at heart and make judicious use of the 'little' allocations and IGR well, Nobody will even bother much with what the centre does, but that is not the case. Local government areas have been emasculated by the governors from providing developments. Just imagine a state with a governor + commissioners; senators, house of representative members, minister, local government councillors= (all of whom collect SALARIES +ALLOWANCES) all of these are supposed to bring developments to ONE state YET what do we see?
Make NGF go sit down jare!
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by cocolacec(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
nkwuocha:
Why are they feigning ignorance to the main issue here which is revolution to bring the government to her kneels and restructure the country or outright seccession?

The kind hungry wey dey now no be gun for stop the protest,and na youths dey hungry untop that most dey jobless, untop that we just come out from almost 3 months lockdown so most self don get small psycho wey dey torment them already.

Just small mistake and everywhere will start burning, just small kpakam, small one no be big one o, and e go red everywhere.

At this point if you're a politician Fu+ck you, weda you good or you bad, Fu+vk you.The injustice in every sector if this country is too much, we Don too bury innocent people for this country.We Don too suffer.

Una go just dey thief money yet poor people dey die for hospital everyday.Nothing is working.

Our girls dey sleep with politician wey go fuc$k them finish any how, still use them do money yet no go still give them work to better their lives.
Our intelligent young men dey thief goat, fowl, because of hungry,yet bags of rice dey rot away for Nigeria custom hand.

Broad day light, we go dey burn ourselves our brothers wey thief because of frustration.

If you use church mind clear your account for people wey dey buzz you, the ones wey still never collect still dey beg, wetin you go do?You will just be watching helplessly as your G dey beg you 5k.

See Abuja plenty houses,multi million dollar houses roting away in emptiness for years yet una go carry bulldozer pull down houses of your gateman,cook, Gardener, hairdresser, mechanic,plumber,etc.
You will not make the houses cheap, but will still eradicate the affordable ones.Pay good salaries so they can afford the better ones, problem.You pay them wages meant for your dogs and underpants!

#RevolutionNow
#EndNepotism
#RestructureOrSecession

We hate the foundation which the Nigerian system is based on, we the youth are too advanced to succumb to the old ways of doing things.

If the North cannot fall in line and merge with the current advancement which the Southerners are beginning to long for, o boy, make we go our separate ways.We can't continue to watch cows take over the capital of naija.How I go dey Waka for town in the FCT dey March cow shiit! For what?!!!! In this 21st century

See we need to address finally how we go dey live this country, because e be like say we don too endure so tee we come dey turn mumu.

E go red finally.

Your religious bandits and financial terrorists are also responsible for Nigeria's woes

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by eagleu: 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
Note, there is no condemnation of over policing of the SE, because most of the governors are not from there. It doesn't concern them today, tomorrow it will be their turn, just like SARSs that has ravaged the east for years.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by nkwuocha: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
cocolacec:

Your religious bandits and financial terrorists are also responsible for Nigeria's woes

#RevolutionNow

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by uptimum123(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
GreenDestiny2:

Please link me with your paymaster. You can't be sweating to post these in vain.

Fvck off and go meet your master Lamidi Cownu in exile.

#EndProtestNow

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by Nchenches: 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
NoPlaceLike:
Reading....

Reading what? Don’t stop us governors from our jamboree.
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by Karleb(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2020
This is making sense.

But let it be know that SWAT or whatever they call it should be scrapped completely!

If the northern need something like "Amotekun", they should create one.
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by rukis360(m): 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

I can imagine the joy going on at the Elysee Palace in Paris. France's biggest geopolitical foe is on the brink of chaos. They tried weakening Nigeria by breaking it up during the civil war and failed. They have another opportunity now, to destroy Nigeria finally and be the major uncontested power in West Africa. It's inconceivable that French intelligence will not be looking to take advantage
of this situation. They might already be part of those providing funds to keep these protests going.

I wish ppl out there think critically, unfortunately this is Nigeria where alot of the youth are incapable of such, those that'll reply this post and bash u clearly reason with sentiments and peer pressure, ignore them please
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by faithful2911(m): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2020
uptimum123:
Good...

It's time to end the protest.

#EndProtestNow

Mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by Nchenches: 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2020
nkwuocha:

#RevolutionNow
#EndNepotism
#RestructureOrSecession

E go red finally.
The pain and anguish of yester years and the moment lingers still...

Bolder.

Let them continue to feign ignorance of why people are protesting.
A roguish political structure and governance system created by northern soldiers who supervised a constitution without plebiscite to legitimize the constitution- we want a restructured Nigeria or divide Nigeria into more manageable countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by Rayendowed007(m): 5:11pm On Oct 15, 2020
nkwuocha:

#RevolutionNow
#EndNepotism
#RestructureOrSecession

E go red finally.
The pain and anguish of yester years and the moment lingers still...
Na God go bless u my guy for passing dis message!!!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by uptimum123(m): 5:17pm On Oct 15, 2020
faithful2911:

Mumu

Oponu

#EndProtestNow

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by Aguogba(m): 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

I can imagine the joy going on at the Elysee Palace in Paris. France's biggest geopolitical foe is on the brink of chaos. They tried weakening Nigeria by breaking it up during the civil war and failed. They have another opportunity now, to destroy Nigeria finally and be the major uncontested power in West Africa. It's inconceivable that French intelligence will not be looking to take advantage of this situation. They might already be part of those providing funds to keep these protests going.

Una no wan die but Una wan go heaven. All those UK and USA wey u dey see paid for their freedom. Freedom is never given!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by Powersurge: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2020
Do you know how long Nigerian youths have being complaining to government about SARS excesses? This people harass, maim, extort and kill at will. They will tell you if they kill you nothing will happen. And behold, nothing will happen.

Several false promises from police hierarchy about this SARS. Including the present IG. They speak from both sides of their mouth.

These folks will take you to ATM and withdraw money b4 they let you go. They kill people in their cells with impunity.

NIgerian youths do no longer blv govt. No matter how you tell them about injustice, they will just allow time to pass over it. And that will be it.

There is no police station in NIgeria where bail is free. The police know it. The lawyers know it. The people know it. Yet police will keep telling you bail is free.
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by BIGKemsey(m): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2020
That's their business. We have decided to END not only SARS, but this demonic administration. We are literarily tired of the situation of things in this country
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by omoharry(f): 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
datola:
The communique makes sense if the.points there are implemented to the letter.

yes it did except the persecution of the officers that had killed & stollen from innocent citizens.where is the justice there? How can you just ignore that and just compensate the families without bringing the culprit to book ?can that money equate the lives that have been taken ? They think money as compensation alone should be the justice that we seek without persecuting & throwing those devils found wanting in jail .
Re: EndSARS: Communique From The Governors’ Meeting With IGP by AreaFada2: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
These people are all mad.

They think this is still just SARS matter. SARS is just a metaphor for all the failure, brutality and impunity of the corrupt and heartless elites. For the untold misery and suffering they have long inflicted on the masses.

If they have even a single working brain cell left, they should realise that wholesale reform and restructuring of the country is the minimum they must ensure right now.

Otherwise balkanisation with various warlords, religious fanatics controlling huge swathes and govt controlling the cities.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fans Hosting PGEJ Trekkers To A Lunch At Lokoja / Photos Of President Buhari's Children Recently At An Event With Their Mother / Osinbajo, Governors, SGF Attend Emir Of Kano’s Coronation (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.