Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Any Nigerian Who Is Opposed To The Ongoing Protest Is Enemy Of Posterity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Nigerian Who Is Opposed To The Ongoing Protest Is Enemy Of Posterity (184 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Am Opposed To General Buhari But Sowore Lied / El-Rufai: Northern Governors Ready To Confront Anyone Opposed To Ending Almajiri / Lockdown: Ongoing Protest In My Area, At Ibeju Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Who Is Opposed To The Ongoing Protest Is Enemy Of Posterity by Eriokanmi: 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2020
Anyone who sees the ongoing protest as anti-government, anti-religious or anti-ethnic should have a brain reset.I'm well-travelled and the only continent I've not been to is Antarctica. I've never seen a country so rich, so blessed like Nigeria. A sheik in my material family once said some Nigerians visited Saudi Arabia and when they met with the late Sheik, he told them...see those who have come from earthly Jannah, meaning earthy paradise. Rain falls in due season, sun shines in due season , we have the best of weather, our vegetation is naturally grown, with or without fertiliser, we grow our crops. Yet, we are the poorest nation on earth. Our law makers earn the fattest of allowances in the world, our politicians have private jets. In spite of all these, our youths are fading off. Once you atrain the age of 20, years begin to roll-by very fast. Before you know it, you're tending towards manhood. The greedy politicians would keep telling you that, you're the leaders of tomorrow whereas, as they're leaving office, they replace themselves with their children who would occupy their seats after returningfrom overseaswhere he had studied on fed govt scholarship. There are over 50 million Nigerian youths who are ripe for marriage but are still being fed by their parents.

Our politicians won't end well, no be curse. They share money with our youths, give them guns, just to have their way and afterwords they dump them and tag them all manners of names...shame on those who fall in these categories of youths. I strongly believe in one Nigeria but our politicians are making it difficult to achieve. Na Northern youths i pity the most. They use and dumpthem after election. Once they share 2k amongst them with Greek gift, that's all. Even if they ask them to lick dog shiit, they'd not hesitate to do so. I wish many of our youths had the opportunity to visit just south Africa and explore their cities for just a week and then, come back home. They'd go wild. What if they visit Europe or US, they could spend a whole week weeping. Our lives aren't secured under the present-day politicians.

In the Arab world, the protest which took place a few years ago which saw to the fall of many tyrants was caused by a small child and from there, it became uncontrollable. I waka up and down today in lagos and was amazed. Protesters were so united, peaceful and well-coordinated. I saw an ambulance parked with medics inside , the Protesters were seen buying food for themselves...revolution don come. Even the military are now choosing their words carefully. I looked at the youths in the eye and none of them looked haggard. Most if them look clean and decent with branded t-shirts worn on them. They were controlling traffic and encouraging people, I learnt its same scenario nationwide. Federal Secretariat abuja was shot down in spite of police ban on them. Even when the sponsored hoodlums attacked them in lag, they weren't violent.They picked them all, overpowered and handed them over to the police. I was expecting them to shatter the 3 new BRT buses which brought the hoodlums to the venue of the protest but they didn't touch those buses. I've never seen such a united spirit as this in my life. The Northern youths would soon realise and appreciate this agitaion sooner or later by the time it begins to yield positive results...I hope they do. Even during the military era, instead of supporting democracy agitators, they rallied in solidarity with the military that time. Now, they're the major beneficiary of democracy. I hope they get it right someday.
Re: Any Nigerian Who Is Opposed To The Ongoing Protest Is Enemy Of Posterity by dangermouse(m): 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2020
Words so aptly put. Words So true!
Re: Any Nigerian Who Is Opposed To The Ongoing Protest Is Enemy Of Posterity by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2020
Dumb yooots drowning in their own cum grin

(1) (Reply)

#endsars Protest: Two Protesters Killed, Others Injured In Osun / Mokwe And The Upper Class Demolition. / Bye Elections: Gov. Lalong Lauds Support For Female Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.