Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections (1917 Views)

INEC Fixes Date For 2023 General Elections / Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable / Aso Rock Cabal Asks Buhari To Place Tinubu On Security Watch List Before 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by Prompto: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
This is a reasonable proposal, normally I will respond to insult on your father for making this comment but I won't this time cos I figured there might be something I am missing.

So please, what do you have to say about the insult some Igbos including Kanu unleashed on the Yoruba all tru the 8 years of Buhari ? Should the Yorubas overlook that to confirm that they are indeed fools ?

Your response is being awaited.

iddonla:
I am a yoruba guy, an ikale man from okiipupa local govt in ondo state..

and I want the southern nigeria to unite before the elections..

yoruba has been president,same with south south.

I think it's time of the igbos..

we yorubas should rally round a igbo man with good record..preferably peter obi, this hausa/fulani are really taking us for a ride..

using divide and rule all the time..

NNPC, DPR has workforce of 95% northerner in key positions.

SOUTHERN NIGERIA ..Pls wake up and unite

Mind you a lot of northerners will disguise as igbo or yoruba to spite either of this great tribe against themselve..

1 Like

Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by tamdun: 9:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
Before u said Yoruba people betray u, let make this clear, southern unity isn't about pdp/apc, the all party better present good candidates
Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by samdunzo: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
flokii:

It is evident you don't know our history and genesis of our problems in this country.

Over and over, Pa Awo invited people like Azikiwe to work together but was betrayed times over by the Igbos who prefer Hausa/Fulani because they feel they can easily manipulate the Northerners which is false.

They called Yoruba betrayers, slaves etc. simply because we supported PMB but the same people see themselves as saints backing Atiku (a Fulani just like PMB) cos he chose their son Peter Obi as running mate. Are those the kind of people you want to trust? Seriously??

I see them as fellow country men quite alright but not people to forge any alliance with.

So, because of events that happened over 40 years ago, you don't want to form an alliance with them? The mentality of us Africans is just something else. The point remains that our best shot at achieving restructuring lies with aligning with the Igbos and Niger Delta. If you want proof of what we can achieve together, just look at the events of the past week. The protests have clearly shown that true power does not lie with the North as many believe, it lies with the South. We hold the keys to this country, and if the North did not know before, it does now. So, it only makes sense for the two most educated and westerned tribes to unite and make this country what it ought to truly be- the hope of the black man.
Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by flokii: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
samdunzo:

So, because of events that happened over 40 years ago, you don't want to form an alliance with them? The mentality of us Africans is just something else. The point remains that our best shot at achieving restructuring lies with aligning with the Igbos and Niger Delta. If you want proof of what we can achieve together, just look at the events of the past week. The protests have clearly shown that true power does not lie with the North as many believe, it lies with the South. We hold the keys to this country, and if the North did not know before, it does now. So, it only makes sense for the two most educated and westerned tribes to unite and make this country what it ought to truly be- the hope of the black man.

It will never happen, we don't want any alliance with SE.

We will get Restructuring our own way same way we got our security outfit Amotekun. We are too big for nonsense with any nonsensical group.

Let everybody maintain their lane. Enough of the backstabbing tears. Go your way, let me go mine.

1 Like

Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by ifeoluwapo25977: 10:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
:Unity beggerThis your atheistic behavior is making you loss sense
Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by Osedagal(f): 10:46pm On Oct 15, 2020
iddonla:
I am a yoruba guy, an ikale man from okiipupa local govt in ondo state..

and I want the southern nigeria to unite before the elections..

yoruba has been president,same with south south.

I think it's time of the igbos..

we yorubas should rally round a igbo man with good record..preferably peter obi, this hausa/fulani are really taking us for a ride..

using divide and rule all the time..

NNPC, DPR has workforce of 95% northerner in key positions.

SOUTHERN NIGERIA ..Pls wake up and unite

Mind you a lot of northerners will disguise as igbo or yoruba to spite either of this great tribe against themselve..

Is now you guys know what unity is all about abi. After u guys betrayed a southerner in Good luck Jonathan. That a Northerner can never do. Just cos of power u all maligned his govt. Shame on you all no Southern unity
Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by Dede1(m): 10:46pm On Oct 15, 2020
Southern unity can only come after the disintegration of shithole called Nigeria. The emerging nation states in the southern part of former Nigeria can build a grass root unity based on cultural affinity.
Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by QuotaSystem: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2020
For as long as you try to build southern unity based on bigotry and hatred for the North, you will continue to go around in circles.

Hatred and progress do not go together.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
kilonshele101:

don't call those tribal bigots here undecided
grin grin
Re: Southern Unity Is A Must Before 2023 General Elections by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2020
Sammy07:
Hmmm, what do I say?
Anything Slap44 or NwanyiOgwashi says.
Which unite grin angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Makinde Police Station On Fire In Oshodi / Maiduguri The Most Secured Capital In Nigeria Is Under Attack / Niger-delta Oil No Longer Suitable For Our Business: Shell CEO Van Beurden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.