Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable (16683 Views)

I Miss Buhari, Nigeria Man Cries Out After Buying Fuel For 600# Per Liter / Abaribe: It Is Non-Negotiable For An Igbo Person To Replace Buhari / Aisha Buhari: Nigeria May Face Worse Security Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Kwanza: 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has reiterated his conviction in the indivisibility of Nigeria.

He reaffirmed the country’s unity is non-negotiable.

The President restated his conviction to Kogi Governor Yahaya Bello on Thursday during a visit to brief him of progress so far made in resolving the north/south food blockage crisis.

The Governor, who called on Buhari in the company of the Chief of Staff to the President, Professor Ibrahim Gambari, also said the President also expressed concerns over the issue of insecurity in the country.

Governor Bello had been at the forefront of efforts to resolve the ethnic misunderstanding between northern traders, under the aegis of Amalgamated Union of Food and Cattle Dealers of Nigeria (AFUCDN) and their southwestern compatriots, which led to a blockade of food items and livestock from entering the south.

However, the Governor, as well as other notable Nigerians, including former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, negotiated a truce on Wednesday, leading to restoration of movement of food and livestock to the south.

According to him, while reacting to the agreement and the peace process, Buhari had commended the efforts put into reaching peace.

“Mr. President expressed concern over the insecurity in the land. As the commander in chief, he has assured everyone of us based on his security meeting yesterday, that Nigeria is going to be secured, safe and prosperous and I believe in him 100 percent.

“He urged everyone of us to continue to go about our lawful businesses in the country, that Nigeria’s unity is not negotiable, that Nigeria must be united, peaceful and that Nigeria must be prosperous,” he said.

He waived off insinuations that he got involved in the peace process just to build a profile for himself against the 2023 presidential election, as he has been said to have mounted his campaigns for the purpose.

He said his intentions and reasons were genuine, adding he was in the peace process on the orders of the President to nip a potentially dangerous situation in the bud and save the country from an unimaginable consequence.

“I am not running away from the fact that numerous teaming youths, Nigerians, women, youths, leaders and followers, various groups are calling me to contest for the presidential election in 2023.

“That is their right, it is within their purview to ask for that or demand that I run as their representative in government today.

“But I have an assignment to carry out, the assignment of ensuring that my state is safe and secured.

“We’re doing that effectively by providing leadership in Kogi State. We’re taking Kogi State from where it used to be in the past, to a more united prosperous, safe and secured Kogi state.

“Today, they’re asking me to replicate the same in the national level that is within their rights. But to say that, when there is another call of an assignment from the Commander-in-Chief on me, to ensure that a little problem that can be solved, should not be allowed to snowball into a larger crisis that would put this country on unknown collision cause, I think I will never hesitate to take up that responsibility, and that I have done successfully to the glory of God and to the satisfaction of majority of Nigerian and Mr. President.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/nigerias-unity-non-negotiable-says-buhari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Kriss216: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
So, where's the unity?

Fulani herdsmen keep slaughtering innocent lives of Southerners and the president kept calm. What nonsense unity

Nigeria is not united and can never be, the earlier we understand this, the better for this dilapidated nation!

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Racoon(m): 7:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has thrown his weight behind the people of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, SADR, otherwise called Western Sahara, stating that Nigeria would ensure the realization of their self-determination and independence.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/buhari-backs-western-sahara-on-self-determination-from-morocco/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Always talking shit! Above is the same hypocrite supporting another separatist Islamic nation to emancipate itself from the stranglehold of another oppressive nation.

This is a president that have bastardized all the fabrics of our nationhood with his divisive utterances, lopsided appointments, employing instruments of the state to oppress certain regions yet have the gut to be preaching about a non-existent unity. "Unity without veracity is a conspiracy."

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by ola6: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2021
Oga it is negotiable

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dr Mohammed Buhari made this statement or is it Femi Adesina and Shehu Garba writing as usual ?

Which one?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by hammerDK: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2021
AK47 ARE DOING THE NEGOTIATING.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by CobraAnambra: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2021
You're a pile of shít.

-cobra

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by T9ksy(m): 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2021
What phocking unity is this mo.ro.n talking about?

Has there ever been any "unity" in that useless union?

How exactly does one go about "re-negotiating" a non-existent concept?

#YorubaNationNow

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by limeta(f): 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2021
Your marriage is negotiable
Aisha is in dubai close to a year now
She dump you and your jihadist life.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2021
When ever someone say Nigeria unity is not negotiable or Nigeria is unbreakable

I simple ask ...where is bakasi ....was it not a party of Nigeria when this constitution was written ? Where is bakasi today ?

Until we can brink bakasi back Nigeria is very very breakable

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2021
Will Yoruba media agree with that statement.

They will find a way to twist it and misinform the public

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
CobraAnambra:
You're a pile of shít.

-cobra

Continue deceiving yourself
Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2021
Yeah.....the so called ‘unity’ is non-negotiable because you’re a shameless parasitic leech, looking for who to lord it over and use their human/natural resources to shine and develop your state/region! You can’t envisage a life without attaching your bigoted self to Igbos!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
Igbochief001:
When ever someone say Nigeria unity is not negotiable or Nigeria is unbreakable

I simple ask ...where is bakasi ....was it not a party of Nigeria when this constitution was written ? Where is bakasi today ?

Until we can brink bakasi back Nigeria is very very breakable

Don’t mind the fools!

‘One Nigeria’ exists mainly for servicing core muslim north and their elite! It has been an unmitigated disaster for Igbos, so why should a any Igbo with his head screwed on right want its continuance!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Monogamy: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2021
Abi
Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Iamgrey5(m): 8:03pm On Mar 04, 2021
Nigeria is no more

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by HallaDaTruth: 8:09pm On Mar 04, 2021
This man should stop talking nonsense from his grave in aso rock. Just rest in pieces jor

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Spending123: 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2021
How will a president just wake and start saying hdbwhzgebdhhdjsnvzgzb!!! abeg divide this country joor.

Northerners right now!!

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Glorymax: 8:38pm On Mar 04, 2021
The most senseless statement I've heard in 2021 from whoever or wherever it's emanating from.

If you like keep believing there's a Buhari, then you must be the most irrational being.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by EndureLife: 8:38pm On Mar 04, 2021
angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by GboyegaD(m): 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
I don't blame him. I blame or governors and law makers particularly in the southern part of the country who wants the one Nigeria for their pecuniary gains. Same thing Awolowo and Azikiwe did.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by tutudesz: 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
Coming from the Negotiator in Chief grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Skyfornia(m): 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
Which unity is he talking about? Buhari is the real 2face...No president has ever divided this country like Buhari is currently doing...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by janedonez(m): 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
Yes
Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Paperworka: 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
NIGERIA IS ALREADY DISINTEGRATING NATURALLY

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Whytelyon(m): 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
Lori iro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Ayomi90: 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2021
Like we have time to even negotiate, division is already here. grin grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Oizee(f): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2021
it's okay.....but I read nothing
Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Bar1941(m): 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2021
Unity kiii you there, useless man.

Nigerians had never been divided on ethnic basis in her history like we are now yet you people are talking about unity.

We will be more united if every regions go there separate ways I beg.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by tunjijones(m): 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2021
Buhari and yahaya Bello dey mad.

The unity is negotiable. We have the right to negotiate how and if we wld live together...

11 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Unity Is Non-Negotiable by Lomprico2: 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2021
Fuckoff old fool.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Traditional Medicine Practitioners Offer To Treat Buhari / Politicians Have Wrecked The Country, Only God Can Save Us ―Buhari / BREAKING: High Court Upholds Zamfara APC Primary Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.