Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,096 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting (428 Views)

War In Ukraine: Russia Restricts Access To BBC In Media Crackdown / Trump Campaign Files Lawsuit To Halt Michigan Ballot Counting Temporarily / Twitter Removes Trump Campaign Tribute To George Floyd Claiming Copyright (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by amoreobansu: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2020
Twitter Inc on Thursday temporarily restricted U.S. President Donald Trump’s election campaign account from tweeting, saying a video from the account about Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son violated its rules.

Twitter said the video violated its rules against posting private information, adding the account may need to delete the post in order to continue tweeting.

The video posted by the @TeamTrump account referred to a New York Post story from Wednesday that contained alleged details of Hunter Biden’s business dealings with a Ukrainian energy company and said the former vice president had met with an adviser of the company.

“Joe Biden is a liar who has been ripping off our country for years,” the video was captioned.

Twitter said the video violated its rules against posting private information, adding the account may need to delete the post in order to continue tweeting.

“It’s going to all end up in a big lawsuit and there are things that can happen that are very severe that I’d rather not see happen, but it’s probably going to have to,” Trump said, when asked about the move by Twitter.

Twitter said on Wednesday the Post story violated its “hacked materials” policy, which bars the distribution of content obtained through hacking that contains private information or trade secrets, or puts people at risk of physical harm.

Facebook Inc and Twitter took proactive steps on Wednesday to restrict dissemination of the Post story in the hours after it was published.

Twitter had placed similar restrictions on the account of White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Wednesday, after she shared the Post story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.hindustantimes.com/world-news/twitter-restricts-donald-trump-s-campaign-account-from-tweeting/story-f2aNK9nqZWJGwExjF1oH3I_amp.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by Epstein(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
lol
Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by identitylenz(m): 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2020
Seriously? grin
Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by Emary(f): 9:38pm On Oct 15, 2020
What else do you expect from Trump? He'll stoop so low just to hold on to power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by tollyboy5(m): 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2020
grin if na my country Government go use all their power destroy twitter 4that. Like sey dem fit create new one.
Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by hisgrace090: 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
tollyboy5:
grin if na my country Government go use all their power destroy twitter 4that. Like sey dem fit create new one.

this is why real Nigerians are clamouring for a safer nation where people's right will be uphold at all cost.
Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by Hyperchi(m): 9:14am On Oct 16, 2020
did Twitter also block the person that posted bad pic about trump wife.
both the person that posted aggressive word against his last born . big tech should pray he did not win. it all go bad

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by udemzyudex(m): 8:41pm On Oct 16, 2020
Emary:
What else do you expect from Trump? He'll stoop so low just to hold on to power.

Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by themonk(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
Emary:
Hello I sent you a mail, please reply Thanks.
Re: Twitter Restricts Donald Trump’s Campaign Account From Tweeting by themonk(m): 10:34am On Oct 19, 2020
Emary:
Hello I sent you another message please let me know if you can help, I’m willing to pay ASAP. Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

The UAE Takes Steps Towards Modernization By Decriminalizing Alcohol And Suicide / Britain's Boris Johnson Refers To Trump As America's 'previous President' / Why Are Qanon Believers Obsessed With 4 March?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.