Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed (45618 Views)

25 Cars Destroyed As Youths Clash Over Girlfriend In Kwara / EndSARS Protesters Attacked In Benin, One Killed (Graphic Photo) / Cultists Clashed In Ebutte Metta, Lagos. One Person Dead, Several Cars Destroyed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by onatisi(m): 8:04am On Oct 16, 2020
why are people still on the street? govt seem to have acceded to everything they asked for at the initial stage ,as it is now , there is no more reason for anyone to be on the streets ,

the sars that is bad has been disbanded , buhari has spoken about the issue and promised to reform the police ,.
governors too have promised to make sure the igp fulfill that promise ,
compensation has been announced for families of those who died during the protest
hospital bills of protesters have been settled and those arrested for protesting have been released .
Therefore why are ppl still on the streets?

The celebrities have all gone back to their mansions , davido just bought a 48m naira house in abuja and is cruising all over town , same goes to wizkid, psquare and other celebrities , they have alll gone back to their businesses and have started making money again , the question now is what are ppl still on the streets ?
Vision4God:
Lord please take control of the situation so it doesn't spiral into crises

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Camelot65: 8:04am On Oct 16, 2020
semyman:
Is CAN a political party?
Are you even alright?? undecided checked your previous posts, No wonder cheesy
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by NijaDueprocess: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2020
Curious345:
Let me tell you this fact the governor or president or the nurtw chairman has nothing to do with the attacks on the protesters they have nothing to do with it. In fact if I had my way Lord have mercy on me I will appeal to the protesters to protest within the Ambit of the law I will advise the protesters to leave the lekki toll gate I wish I will shout at the protesters to get off Berger ojodu Berger bus stop I will back at the protesters to get off the airport Junction what are you doing in this area is because you are protesting you're putting me through great stress this is unacceptable. Let me tell you the truth the people attacking the so-called protesters are law-abiding citizens who are not happy with the way they have been changed who are not happy they cannot go about their daily activities some of them are taxi drivers some of them as suppliers some of them have contracts and then you block the road and you wanted to be happy with you that is not true
OGA park one side and stop ranting

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Emekaonline: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2020
zinodizt:
And who told you this is just about SARS........ Even the president might have to step down if he makes any wrong move.... moreover this is the first of many. You are not the only one affected

Why dont you then go to Alaba or Ariaria market to start your protests from there if you believe that everyone is affected?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Curious345: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2020
Like I said earlier the moment they started sharing food and pepper soup and drinks and beer and whiskey at the protest venues the protest was infiltrated by miscreants the protests became a night party every Tom Dick and Harry zeroed in on the protest not because they want answers but because they wanna eat 2 Square meals because they want to have a good beer because they want to date a lady because they want a one night stand .as I speak to you a lot of guys they are taking ladies from there to the corner and having sex with them they are drinking beer they are smoking weed and you call that a protest. The aim of the process has already has been defeated but achieved because this has eventually led to the scrapping of sarz, so that is Victory so go home don't stand on my way I have things to do I have contracts to fulfill already signed and you think I'll be happy with you.

Because of the so-called protest I will have to pass through oniru and spend five hours for something that I would have spend 10 to15 minutes and you think you just sit down there drinking beer smoking weed sleeping women chopping jollof rice drinking pepper soup and I will just be looking at you if I have my way and we'll find a way to appeal to them to leave and if they don't leave I will apply some level of force to get them off the road and put some Senses into their head

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Kaybenny(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2020
ScotMisile:
I have an unlicensed AK 47....is this the right time to bring it??

waiting for the call
finger dey scratch me
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by stubbornman(m): 8:06am On Oct 16, 2020
ScotMisile:
I have an unlicensed AK 47....is this the right time to bring it??

Do you have an extra to spare??
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Fabiscuz: 8:07am On Oct 16, 2020
sapientia:
Are police not supposed to be at all protest grounds?

Hmm

Official mumu

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by OKorowanta: 8:08am On Oct 16, 2020
zionmde:
the south and part of d middle belt on one side of the protest uniting against d evil call sars
the north on the other side of the protest in favour of the wvil

but during election
the south divides into two, one part joins d north, while d entire north stays together

we are all mad down here in the south

So true..
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Emekaonline: 8:08am On Oct 16, 2020
zinodizt:
You Guys have decided to bring up this stupid tribalism again we fought together to achieve what some couldn’t achieve for almost 3 decades in a week and this is the best u can come up with... una need evaluation

You see how crazy you are. You did not see anything wrong in your brother that is focusing on the landlord of Lagos. If not tribalism, why not the landlord of Abia or Enugu? You are just unintelligent and hypocritical

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by onatisi(m): 8:09am On Oct 16, 2020
they have made their point and the whole world have noticed the plight of the Nigerian youth , i just hope they dont push govt into sending in the military or eve n at worst declaring a state of emergency ,plus curfew , when noone will be abnle to go out to buy or do anything

Curious345:
Like I said earlier the moment they started sharing food and pepper soup and drinks and beer and whiskey at the protest venues the protest was infiltrated by miscreants the protests became a night party every Tom Dick and Harry zeroed in on the protest not because they want answers but because they wanna eat 2 Square meals because they want to have a good beer because they want to date a lady because they want a one night stand .as I speak to you a lot of guys they are taking ladies from there to the corner and having sex with them they are drinking beer they are smoking weed and you call that a protest. The aim of the process has already has been defeated but achieved because this has eventually led to the scrapping of sarz, so that is Victory so go home don't stand on my way I have things to do I have contracts to fulfill already signed and you think I'll be happy with you.

Because of the so-called protest I will have to pass through oniru and spend five hours for something that I would have spend 10 to15 minutes and you think you just sit down there drinking beer smoking weed sleeping women chopping jollof rice drinking pepper soup and I will just be looking at you if I have my way and we'll find a way to appeal to them to leave and if they don't leave I will apply some level of force to get them off the road and put some Senses into their head
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Curious345: 8:10am On Oct 16, 2020
Like I said earlier the protesters cannot block major connecting roads they cannot block major connecting roads and think people will be happy with them? I for one I support this protest but I hate and dislike the way the protesters are going about it. After I had spent 5 hours in traffic for 4 days consecutively I decided to park my car at a safe place and walk down to the midst of the protest to see what is really happening in the belly of the protest.

When I got there I was looking for emotional faces I was looking out for sober-minded men and women I was looking out for people feel with passion for Change I was looking out for people who had in mind the stress they are making me go through by keeping me in traffic for five hours but at the same time had a timeframe to desist from blocking these major transconnection routes, but what did I see,

what did my eyes behold,
I saw people scrambling for food I saw people smoking weed I saw people smoking cigarettes I saw people drinking pepper soup drinking beer it was like a campus environment basically no direction no coordination no emotions no sober mindedness just complete entropy

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Eriokanmi: 8:12am On Oct 16, 2020
The hoodlums are simply prolonging the protest. We know sanwoolu is behind it but the guy can lie, even in his sleep. He would still come and debunk it. Those hoodlums are simply putting their lives in danger because protesters are now cowards. They're marking them alteady via their social media profile and pictures. They'd get them,any day
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Beverlyjean(f): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2020
U guys should have dragged the trailer driver out of the vehicle and beat the hell out of him...thats beating that will send him to hospital for 600yrs
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Curious345: 8:14am On Oct 16, 2020
I call on the protesters to quietly leave the lekki toll gate I call on the protesters to quietly get out of Berger bus stop I call on the protesters to continue in their protest in a manner that does not impede or obstruct or constrict the movement of other road users and law-abiding citizens if they abide by this we will continue to give them our support but if they don't I'm gonna bark at them like a dog and roar at them like a lion all these within the Ambit of the law.

I have my brother that protects ground I spoke to him and spoke senses into his brain and he left them he's supporting them online on Twitter on Instagram but he saw no reason to keep people in traffic or 5 hours because the sarz he wanted to end has ended so why is he still keeping and suffering people for no Just Cause
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by zinodizt: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2020
Nah who do you like this I said you guys.... must I quote the two of you.... Learn to talk with respect coz I see say u just insult people at Will...
Emekaonline:

You see how crazy you are. You did not see anything wrong in your brother that is focusing on the landlord of Lagos. If not tribalism, why not the landlord of Abia or Enugu? You are just unintelligent and hypocritical
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Eriokanmi: 8:16am On Oct 16, 2020
Antoeni:
Protest or Carnival
yes, protest is seen as carnival when its violent-free. It's normal. Those guys amazed me with their high level of marurity

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by hotwax: 8:16am On Oct 16, 2020
EPIJOE:
I THINK THE PROTEST SHOULD NOT BLOCK THE MAJOR ROADS PEOPLE ARE PLYING TO SURVIVE. THE TRANSPORTERS WONT BE HAPPY ABOUT THIS.

SEE MORE PROBLEMS LOOMING DAYS TO COME.
THE PROTEST SHOULD BE REDUCED.
LETS MOVE FREELY ABEG.

END BAD GOVERNANCE
SHOULD BE THE SLUGGAN.

LETS see how you will move freely when there is civil war. You think you can change anything by sitting in your room and curse the government?

You are one of the reasons the government laugh at us. They have been saying we can't do anything, we are coward. We are too comfortable to go out and ask them for anything.

Lagos/Ibadan express way is also affecting me. I will go there on saturday for a ceremony. I wont use my own comfort to discredit protesters who are fighting for us.

They are fighting for you and me.

If war start, you go go out?

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by sweetrace(f): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2020
AllTheWayUp:
The government is sponsoring all these random hoodlum attacking protesters in different locations everyday

Which government? Lagos state says people can protest peacefully. These are probably Members of the many lazy youth In Lagos. Those that shout “owo wa da” up and down as though they are entitled. When the stay at home started because of Covid 19, they damaged cars driving through Admiralty road. The police had to be called in. And remained patrolling Lekki for sometime.
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by kunle75(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Thought SanwoOlu claimed the state knows nothing about it, how come it's been occurring mostly at places that are deemed to be the most secure public place in Lagos State, maybe he should come justify that.

They come out openly to dispute the claim but go behind to sponsor guys to do otherwise.
All I see coming with all this happening is revolution and eventually those element been sponsored might end up as collateral in between if you know what I meant.

They just want to push the youth to there limit, in order to have a reason to justify there actions when they unleash security agents on the people.
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Sarmiz24(m): 8:17am On Oct 16, 2020
Winter is Coming, and it Gonna be long... if u know u know
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by jaxxy(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2020
This is completely wrong. This is a peaceful and valid protest.
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by kokomilala(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2020
Apparently, the government is sponsoring these idiots to launch a counter revolution. But they can't stop the forward match of these protests,even if they come with the armies of hell.
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by doggedfighter(f): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2020
Alexpetra:
bros abeg keep am ooo...by the way how u take get am
You want to get your own?
Hahahahahahaha
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by zinodizt: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2020
I can see u need prayers.... You can help us start it there nah.. Protest you no go even for Twitter you no follow do you are there complaining. Uncle no quote me again. I have made my point if tribalism Dey worry u continue in it.
Emekaonline:

Why dont you then go to Alaba or Ariaria market to start your protests from there if you believe that everyone is affected?
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2020
Antoeni:
Protest or Carnival

Shut up you idiot
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Ajibel(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2020
sapientia:
Are police not supposed to be at all protest grounds?

They are. Unfortunately because people don't trust the police, they've asked them to stay away so hoodlums are taking advantage
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Curious345: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
Like I said earlier the aim of the protest has been achieved, the police authority has taken great efforts in line with the protesters needs, the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria has rendered his voice for police reform ,the police service commission empowered by the Nigerian constitution to effect changes in the police force has agreed to the five demands of the protesters, the special anti-robbery squad has been disbanded and has been scrapped and all its previous members has been redeployed to police station duties, the police hierarchy in order to fill the gap left over by SARS went ahead to create the SWAT, the special weapons and tactical unit this is a welcome development because the same sarz you cried over the sarz who brutalized Nigerians dissenters, who killed innocent Nigerians, who stopped people on the road and carried out illegal searches who went after Yahoo boys who planted weed and cocaine in people cars and took them for drug dealers who did all manner of things who sold Nigerians to ritualist who harvested people kidneys and heart and liver who plucked out people's eyes these guys have been disbanded they have been thrown out of the police force per say and redeployed to Barrack police station duties meaning they have no interface with the Citizens of Nigeria this is commendable

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by Jeromejnr(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
onatisi:
why are people still on the street? govt seem to have acceded to everything they asked for at the initial stage ,as it is now , there is no more reason for anyone to be on the streets ,

the sars that is bad has been disbanded , buhari has spoken about the issue and promised to reform the police ,.
compensation has been announced for families of those who died during the protest
hospital bills of protesters have been settled and those arrested for protesting have been released .

The celebrities have all gone back to their mansions , davido just bought a 48m naira house in abuja and is cruising all over town , same goes to wizkid, psquare and other celebrities , they have alll gone back to their businesses and have started making money again , the question now is what are ppl still on the streets ?

Do you know that last night SARS raided homes in Surulere, beating up ppl?

Yes, the SARS you said has been disbanded.
Re: EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed by DexterousOne(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
onatisi:

Concrete action needs to be taken
This is not the first time they are disbanding these boys

This time, it has to be PERMANENT

NO SWAT no disguise
Scrap them totally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Try To Stop Indian Police From Arresting A Nigerian Fraudster (Photos) / Pradnya Parkar Kills Her Daughter, Commits Suicide / Family Kills "Disobedient" Son In Imo While He Was Asleep (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.