Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

The Redmi 8A Battery - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Redmi 8A Battery (527 Views)

Infinix Hot 8 Or Redmi 8a ( Your Advice Needed) / For Sale: Redmi 8a 2gb And 32b At 28k / Gcam For Redmi 8a (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Redmi 8A Battery by GreaterFuture(m): 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
BATTERY LIFE – THE WALL SOCKET WAITS IN VAIN
Since the Redmi 7A and Redmi 8A each have the same SoC, similar energy consumption could be assumed. At 10%, the difference is actually not particularly high, but the Redmi 8A generally requires a little more energy, probably due to the larger screen area.
Battery life
At 5,000 mAh, the battery of the Redmi 8A has gotten really big; this is also noticeable in the 188 grams that the smartphone weighs. But there are also great runtimes of over 19 hours in our Wi-Fi test in return, which is 26% more than with the Redmi 7A. The Redmi 8A also beats the other comparison devices easily. Two workdays of continuous use shouldn't be a problem. Those who use their smartphone less could eventually even do without a wall socket for a week thanks to the low standby consumption.
According to Xiaomi, the smartphone supports fast charging up to 18 watts. But you have to buy a separate charger for this because the power adapter included in the box only delivers 10 watts and therefore takes a good 3 hours until the smartphone is recharged.
Pros:
-- many features
-- very long battery life...
VERDICT --
The Redmi 8A again offers a lot for its narrow budget: Very, very long battery life...

The Above is an excerpt of the Xiaomi Redmi 8A review from Tech site Notebookcheck.net (Article Source page :- https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Redmi-8A-smartphone-review-Large-battery-small-price.445924.0.html )

I can't say that this has been the case with my Redmi 8A. The battery is good but not as superbly excellent as I've read about from most Reviewers and tech site. After a full day, battery is just under 50% and I am not a heavy user at all, just regular day to day normal smartphone stuff is what I do.
The main reason was because of what I read from most Reviewers that Performance-wise it was very OK for regular users like me plus that it has a very long lasting Battery, but that has not really been the Case.
Talking about performance, here I have another funny problem. The phone hangs a lot, like It will just stop responding for about 30 seconds or more. I will have to go home, or put the phone to sleep and wake it up again. It does this in almost all apps especially chrome. Yesterday evening it went off, reboot and restarted all by itself.
It has become more frequent and This is something that older models of Xiaomis and Redmis did not have (I have used 2 in the past).
Or is this a software problem? I don't even know but I have a feeling it may be. I suspect it is the latest update cos when I first got the phone, i did not notice it. Though I did not stay on the other OS version for Long, I remember that UI was smoother and the Battery lasted longer.
Redmi 8A users pls share your valuable inputs.
Re: The Redmi 8A Battery by Adasun(m): 9:01pm On Oct 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: The Redmi 8A Battery by bootyeater: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
I'd like your phone battery usage statistics please
Re: The Redmi 8A Battery by GreaterFuture(m): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
bootyeater:
I'd like your phone battery usage statistics please
Okay, would you be able to tell
Re: The Redmi 8A Battery by MegaPlayBoy: 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
Stop expecting a S10 performance from a A10
Stop expecting Note 8 performance from a 8a.

I dunno about your battery though

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Pova Vs Redmi 9: One Is Not Good For Gaming / First Bank App Issue / T-mobile REVVL+4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.