Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

Access Free University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Access Free University (461 Views)

Omega Power Ministry To Build Free University In Nigeria / The First Ever Free University In The World (details) / Tuition-free University In Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Free University by beyondbasicsng: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2020
Dear All,

I am setting up an opportunity for our students to have access to free education. This will be university/college level with the hope that most of our youths will have FREE ACCESS.

To do this:
I am seeking volunteers (please note this is not a paid/salaried job) with a Masters degree or PhD who are willing to give their time in providing students with quality education.

Who can help?
Web builders
Module developers
Course developer
University lecturers etc

If anyone has an idea of how to get accreditation, please contact me.

I am very passionate about helping people and believe that providing access to quality work will help bridge the gap of students missing a lot during ASUU strike.

Although I work full time, I am able to produce pre recorded videos, coursework and assignments that students can access on their own. I can offer face to face support using MS Teams or Zoom.

I can teach:
Economics, management accounting, quantitative methods or statistics, research project.

Please get in touch if you are willing to volunteer in any form.

Thanks
Re: Access Free University by beyondbasicsng: 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2020
Funny how this year has highlighted how education might not be as important to those who need it. I know we have been told education is important and after seeing that many people 'made' it without being educated, you might think, well what have I got to lose? You see, you lose nothing! You can easily get a translator and still do well. But then, think about the ideas you can freely develop and sell by yourself without the aid of a translator.

Someone once told me, she doesn't need the free education I was proposing since ASUU has been on strike since forever. According to her, everyone has found something else to do, she makes more money than her sister who has a masters degree! Well, good for her.

I would agree not everyone would need education to make money but everyone deserves to be educated. It is a child's right to be educated. Moreso, it is important to MOVE with time! Introduce technology to kids as young as possible. Don't teach a child to cram and expect they regurgitate like they do. Teachers should be qualified enough to actually teach the kids in the appropriate manner. Teachers/lecturers and tutors should be able to have autonomy on how to teach properly.

I hope that we can truly sort out the education system and provide the needed help to all the kids who deserve it.
That said, teachers/lecturers/tutors deserve fair pay. THEY ARE JUST NOT PAID ENOUGH!

Remember, its not about paper qualifications but the transferable skills you will learn. School teaches the concept but applying them is what you take away. For example as an engineer you will be taught loading etc but then when you start working you will need to apply those skills you've learnt!
Re: Access Free University by daHcKR: 6:52am On Jan 03, 2021
Am a developer
Re: Access Free University by beyondbasicsng: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2021
Hi,

Happy New year. Would you like to help?

daHcKR:
Am a developer
Re: Access Free University by daHcKR: 11:14am On Mar 10, 2021
Yh .. would love to help out

(1) (Reply)

Autonomy And Management Of Federal Universities Under The Universities Autonomy / Lecturers’ Strike Not Just About IPPIS – ASUU President / What Apps Do You Use Most Often For Study? For Example, I Most Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.