Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag (11765 Views)

Pro-Biafra Supporter Buried With Biafran Flag In Abia (Photos) / MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us / Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Fogman(m): 6:10am On Mar 08, 2011
Poster, the so called Libya rebel flag, was the original Libya flag until 1969 when Col Gaddafi took over from King Idri and replaced it, with the present green revolution flat.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by texazzpete(m): 7:41am On Mar 08, 2011
alex101:

At the sight of this noble flag, the enemies of Ndigbo tremble and fall before us. They are even dying of internal combustion one by one! cheesy grin

Unfortunate for you guys that they didn't 'tremble and fall' during the civil war, eh?
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Omenani(m): 7:45am On Mar 08, 2011
texazzpete:

Unfortunate for you guys that they didn't 'tremble and fall' during the civil war, eh?

With your European masters support, how could you fall? But the remains it took over 2 years to defeat a "rebel" force. Even with the support of the West and superior equipment.

Keep in mind Biafra was not defeated in battle. It was starved. One of the oldest ploys used by armies if they cannot defeat an army in the field of battle.

However, people with a strong sense of integrity, will try to defeat their opponent in the field of battle. Not to use such a weak and cowardly tool.

The Igbo were truly defeated. In order to defeat the Igbo, you have to destroy us utterly. There is no middle way with my people. That is why we are here with our head's held high and just buying time.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Myself2(m): 7:54am On Mar 08, 2011
Never knew Biafrans were muslims that had the crescent in their flag undecided undecided
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Fogman(m): 8:09am On Mar 08, 2011
Myself2:

Never knew Biafrans were muslims that had the crescent in their flag undecided undecided

Pls dont mistake old Libyan flag for that of Biafra. The Biafran flag has sun, while old Libyan flag has crescent.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2011
Guess what? Marcus Garvey was Jamaican  grin grin
(pls. dont take me seriously, im sure u all know)
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by T9ksy(m): 7:25pm On Mar 08, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Guess what? Marcus Garvey was Jamaican grin grin
(pls. dont take me seriously, im sure u all know)

Was he? really?
For a minute there,I thought he was igbo
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2011
His name was Marcus Karachi, he changed his name to fit into the diaspora.

grin
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 08, 2011
marcus garvey was heavily influenced by his egyptian mentor.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 09, 2011
T9ksy:

Was he? really?
For a minute there,I thought he was igbo

No he definitely was not Igbo lol he wasn't even 'African'
just a descendant. I hope u were being sarcastic lol grin
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by mamagee3(f): 2:07am On Mar 09, 2011
Yeah, there are similarities between them. . .

As a matter of fact they are both identical except for the symbol in the center.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 3:43am On Mar 09, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

No he definitely was not Igbo lol he wasn't even 'African'
just a descendant. I hope u were being sarcastic lol  grin

<la di da di>Stop lying!</la di da di>
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by bgees(m): 4:20am On Mar 09, 2011
Green , Black and Red signify revolution.

Thats why they look similar.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Omenani(m): 4:24am On Mar 09, 2011
I burn with so many emotions when I see the Biafran flag. The dream still burns bright.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by EkoIle1: 4:30am On Mar 09, 2011
ibo people are libyans now I guess, wetin happen to jews?

what's next? y'all are martians right?

yeye people with identity crisis,
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Omenani(m): 4:42am On Mar 09, 2011
The above poster is a m0ron. Don't know where he got that information, but it can safely be assumed that he is missing a few chromosomes. Just learn to ignore people like the above poster.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by seanet02: 4:55am On Mar 09, 2011
Omenani:

I burn with so many emotions when I see the Biafran flag. The dream still burns bright.
Bright? Okay we shall see.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by EkoIle1: 4:57am On Mar 09, 2011
Omenani:

The above poster is a m0ron. Don't know where he got that information, but it can safely be assumed that he is missing a few chromosomes. Just learn to ignore people like the above poster.

Abeg no vex. I'm not trying to deny you your Jewishness or Libyanism, feel free to claim anything wey dey make you snore beta at night.

Don't worry, you people go find your long lost identity one day one day,

ndo.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 6:04am On Mar 09, 2011
seanet02:

Bright? Okay we shall see.

We shall see what, why don't you go and fix matters in your own tent instead of threatening others?
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 6:05am On Mar 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

Abeg no vex. I'm not trying to deny you your Jewishness or Libyanism, feel free to claim anything wey dey make you snore beta at night.

Don't worry, you people go find your long lost identity one day one day,

ndo.

Why do you guys forget your founding father from Saudi Arabia?
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by EkoIle1: 6:09am On Mar 09, 2011
Call me what ever you want, I don't have identity crisis and I'm not gonna wake up tomorrow morning and call myself a Jew or Libyan. You people are just too shallow, you also lack self worth and sense of belonging.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 6:11am On Mar 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

Call me what ever you want, I don't have identity crisis and I'm not gonna wake up tomorrow morning and call myself a Jew or Libyan. You people are just too shallow, you also lack self worth and sense of belonging.

Say what you want but your people are just as guilty, at least ancient Israelites were mixed race.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by EkoIle1: 6:36am On Mar 09, 2011
Guilty of what? calling myself what I'm not?
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ekubear1: 6:38am On Mar 09, 2011
OP has doomed the Libyan rebels to failure by associating them with Biafra sad
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 6:40am On Mar 09, 2011
. . . . . .and then the rebels will rise again to control Libya's economy, they'll be all right. wink
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ekubear1: 6:54am On Mar 09, 2011
What aspects of the Nigerian economy do the biafrans control?
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by EkoIle1: 6:56am On Mar 09, 2011
eku_bear:

What aspects of the Nigerian economy do the biafrans control?

Fake drugs,
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 7:08am On Mar 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

Fake drugs,

Please, if you're going to say it say it right. Biafrans control solid Cocaina and ammunition, it's the 21st century and Biafrans are in a different frame of mind, only that they don't get caught. cool
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by seanet02: 7:16am On Mar 09, 2011
eku_bear:

OP has doomed the Libyan rebels to failure by associating them with Biafra sad

You mean Biafra alias AKA Nee cu.m Failure. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 7:17am On Mar 09, 2011
seanet02:

You mean Biafra alias AKA Nee cu.m Failure. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

hahahahahahaa, that was a funny Yoruba joke.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by EkoIle1: 7:40am On Mar 09, 2011
ezeagu:

Please, if you're going to say it say it right. Biafrans control solid Cocaina and ammunition, it's the 21st century and Biafrans are in a different frame of mind, only that they don't get caught. cool

I was talking about fake Phensic and fake Panadol,
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 7:46am On Mar 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

I was talking about fake Phensic and fake Panadol,

Hm, who cares about that one, lets talk about big guns and powder. Now that is what Biafrans are into.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian States And Zones Ranked By Igr / 2017 Budget Faces Fresh Hurdle At National Assembly / Allen Onyema: MASSOB Accuses Buhari Led-Government Of Persecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.