Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag (11766 Views)

Pro-Biafra Supporter Buried With Biafran Flag In Abia (Photos) / MASSOB On Hoisting Biafran Flag: Police Can't Stop Us / Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by EkoIle1: 7:55am On Mar 09, 2011
ezeagu:

Hm, who cares about that one, lets talk about big guns and powder. Now that is what Biafrans are into.

The President-General of United Igbo Community (U.I.C) in Rivers State, Chief O.I Ezenekwe, JP who gave the knock, while speaking at this year’s “Igbo Day” celebration in Port Harcourt, expressed deep regret that the marketing strategy of some Igbo traders had made other ethnic groups brand them as ‘cheats.

“Sometimes we (Igbos traders) aim at high profit by replacing good quality goods with bad ones .Most Igbo’s who travel to Asia (China) deliberately go for poor quality goods (copy) instead of high quality goods. Some of our people also go to India to purchase fake drugs; unfortunately most of these business men are members of Igbo community,”[/b]Ezenekwe told a large crowd at the celebration. Presenting his address at the 2010 Igbo Day celebration with the theme “Re-branding Igbo Community for Challenges of 21st century,”Ezenekwe was unequivocal that most Igbo businessmen and women need re-branding on business strategy.
[b]
The UIC president general also lashed at some businesses owned by an Igbo man in which there is lack of management success plan;
a situation in which when the Igbo man dies, the business dies with him. He advocated that wives and close relations of a business chief executive should be integrated into the business operations to pave way for smooth succession planning as well as ensuring business continuity.

With the prevalence of e-business, e-commerce and information technology, he advised the Igbo business operators to adjust their business strategy to be in tended with changes in global business environment.

He spoke of need to discourage greedy approach to contractural obligations, insisting that importation of fake products or repainting of old motor parts to sell as new parts portray the Igbos as cheats as well as dehumanise Igbo man’s business integrity

http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/?p=18955

I hope this is enough for your to cry and reflect on for now,
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by saintneo(m): 7:55am On Mar 09, 2011
Fogman:

Poster, the so called Libya rebel flag, was the original Libya flag until 1969 when Col Gaddafi took over from King Idri and replaced it, with the present green revolution flat.
[size=18pt]Excellent![/size]
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Jenifa1: 7:59am On Mar 09, 2011
i would suspect that they are both a variation on the pan-african flag.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ezeagu(m): 8:18am On Mar 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

I hope this is enough for your to cry and reflect on for now,

The Igbo are greedy and their taking up your land. Make way. grin
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 09, 2011
shocked shocked
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by T9ksy(m): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2011
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Sagamite(m): 1:14am On Mar 10, 2011
I have finally unveiled who Fstranger is.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-620405.0.html#msg7881330

The guy is disturbing.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by chic2pimp(m): 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2011
BIAFRA KWENU BIAFRA KWENU KWEZUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2011
T9ksy:

I wonder whatever happened to the biafran passport?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/massob-launches-biafran-intl-passport-to-celebrate-10th-anniversary/

In the dustbin with the other Biafran currency lol

Sagamite:

I have finally unveiled who Fstranger is.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-620405.0.html#msg7881330

The guy is disturbing.
ROTFLMAO  @ the clip cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by chic2pimp(m): 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
^^^^ Chei you too like dey find trouble sha grin
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by asorocker: 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2011
50 years after Biafra, how come the western powers are backing the libyan rebels and imposing a no fly zone in the region even when nothing much is happening there but in the case of Biafra rather than remain neutral supported Nigeria 100% against the Biafran rebels even when civilians were targets and hunger was used by inept and ineffective Nigerians to torment women and children.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by matazzmagi(m): 1:59am On Mar 11, 2011
^^^^

What do you think will happen if revolution start in nigeria? Nigerian satan agents will be hopeless by then.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by mamagee3(f): 2:03am On Mar 11, 2011
chic2pimp:

BIAFRA KWENU BIAFRA KWENU KWEZUNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by CrazyMan(m): 2:10am On Mar 11, 2011
I strongly believe that one day the dream of Biafra which was put into motion by Gen. Ojukwu would become a reality whether the devil likes it or not.

As for the Libyan rebels, I don’t really know the root of their struggle, but for them to choose a similar flag as ours, means that they’re feeling the same pain we felt in the 60s that led to the civil war; so I wish them success in their struggle.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Sagamite(m): 10:26am On Mar 11, 2011
CrazyMan:

I strongly believe that one day the dream of Biafra which was put into motion by Gen. Ojukwu would become a reality whether the devil likes it or not.

As for the Libyan rebels, I don’t really know the root of their struggle, but for them to choose a similar flag as ours, means that they’re feeling the same pain we felt in the 60s that led to the civil war; so I wish them success in their struggle.

Ignorance exemplified.

They did not choose a Flag, it iwas the flag of the country before Gaddafi and even before Biafra, so if anyone is copying anyone, it is Biafra copying Libyan flag.

Also quite silly to compare the feeling of fighting a 4 decade dictator to the feeling of secessionism. No, they are not feeling the same pain.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by thameamead(f): 12:26pm On Mar 11, 2011
It was reported on Channel 4 news last night that African immigrants (Ghana and Nigerina's) had bn let down by their governments, the asian's have all bn sent home while African's have bn left behind to fend for themselves, a couple of days ago, I saw the charity "Islamic Relief" handing out food to Pakistan's and Indian's and helping them get Unto a boat to take them to Malta, there was also another footage of the arriving in Pakistan. why can African leaders help out their citizens, most of the african are illegal immigrants but that does not mean they should be abandoned, I rang the Nigerian High Commission a few minutes to speak to the Ambassador, i was asked to leave my number and that he was going to get back to me but I doubt he would call me back, I asked his secretary to pass on my message.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Sagamite(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2011
thameamead:

I rang the Nigerian High Commission a few minutes to speak to the Ambassador, i was asked to leave my number and that he was going to get back to me but I doubt he would call me back, I asked his secretary to pass on my message.

If Tafida is still the High Commissioner and he is passed the message, I am pretty sure he will get back or get someone to get back to you.

That is if he gets the message.
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 14, 2011
undecided
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by ekubear1: 8:22am On Mar 14, 2011
EzeUche cursed the Libyan rebels by comparing them to Biafra  sad sad sad

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0314/breaking2.html

Libya rebels flee key oil port

MARY FITZGERALD in Benghazi, eastern Libya

Mon, Mar 14, 2011

Libyan rebels began to retreat from another key town yesterday as government forces continued their advance towards Benghazi, the city that has acted as a nucleus for the uprising against Muammar Gadafy.

Scores of fighters fled Brega, which is home to an oil terminal, under heavy shelling from regime forces and headed towards Ajdabiya, the last rebel-held town before Benghazi just 170km away. A report on Libyan state television later crowed that Brega was “purged of the armed gangs”.

Just eight days ago, after routing pro-Gadafy forces in Brega and Ras Lanuf, another important oil town further west, the rebels had boasted of advancing toward Sirte, Gadafy’s home town, and on to the capital Tripoli. But the regime’s steady gains in recent days have unnerved many in Benghazi, where the uprising began last month.

Last night the mood in the city was ominous. Security was stepped up around the seafront courthouse that serves as headquarters for the opposition. On the ground outside, activists had painted in large, white letters: “Where is the United Nations?”

Telephone lines were cut for several hours in the morning. There were far fewer people on the streets of Benghazi, though several hundred medical staff gathered for a demonstration yesterday afternoon to repeat calls for a no-fly zone to be enforced. Many shops and businesses did not open. An announcement on the rebel-controlled Radio Free Libya urged people to remain calm and patient.

“The situation seems to have turned,” said one resident. “We didn’t expect this to happen and now we are fearful about what might come next.”

Opposition officials remained upbeat, however, their mood jarring with the sense of foreboding on the streets. “Yes, Gadafy has the upper hand with the air force, but we have been getting military aid including weapons,” said Iman Bugaighis, a spokeswoman for the rebel Libyan National Council, though she declined to say from where the military assistance was coming. “There is no return point. This land can’t bear both Gadafy and us.” She said the council had been organising “military defensive capabilities” to protect Benghazi and outlying towns.

Gadafy’s son, Saif al-Islam, has warned that pro-regime elements lying low in Benghazi are ready to act. “You will see the Benghazi people rising up and defeating this rebel militia,” he said in Tripoli. “You will see thousands in the streets, and I tell you, we will win.”

Ms Bugaighis acknowledged such elements exist. “We know that Gadafy has sleeper cells in Benghazi. We know where they are and they are constantly under surveillance,” she said.

Opposition morale had been boosted by an Arab League decision on Saturday to support a no-fly zone over Libya and make contact with the Libyan National Council. The Arab League declared Gadafy had lost all legitimacy and it urged the UN Security Council “to assume its responsibilities” and “take the necessary measures to impose an air exclusion zone for Libyan warplanes”.

But the fear among the populace in Benghazi is that diplomatic efforts will not progress quickly enough given the speed at which the ragtag and poorly armed rebels, who are virtually powerless against aerial attack, have been pushed back.

In Tripoli, state television said foreign companies are being asked to resume oil exports, claiming Libya’s ports are safe despite the continuing fighting.

Many journalists began leaving Benghazi yesterday. Hotels frequented by reporters have increased security, including posting armed guards at entrances. On Saturday, a cameraman for the Qatar-based Arabic language satellite channel Al Jazeera died after he was shot by gunmen near Benghazi.

Starting to look like they'll get their @ss kicked. Alas undecided
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
EzeUche cursed the Libyan rebels by comparing them to Biafra

**shock** shocked
Re: Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag by Bishopking: 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSjUHsSB3h8

clips of arab killing blacks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Social Media Promoting Tribalism In Nigeria – Garba Shehu / South-West Governors Meet In Lagos (Photos) / Hijab: Issue Circular To Stop Crisis In Lagos Schools – Muslims Tell Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.