Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,259 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:35 PM

Tangled Emotions - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tangled Emotions (417 Views)

The Tangled Circle Of A Calabar Boy / The Coolness Of The Eyes (a Tale Of Romance And Emotions) / Tangled Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tangled Emotions by Sommypan(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2020
I should never have gone to Amara’s place without informing her, but I had no choice; I needed her opinion on a new apartment I had seen downtown. You see, we would be married in three month’s time, so we were on the hunt for a bigger, comfortable place which we would call home. How excitedly I was looking forward to the day I would finally have her as my wife.

As I turned out, she wasn’t at home, but her roommate and best friend, Ella, was. She had thought I was Amara, so when she opened the door, she had only a towel tied across her midsection. She flushed with embarrassment when she noticed I was the one, and an awkward silence ensued. Which was broken by her.

“Hi Jude!” she exclaimed. “What are you doing here?”

“Am I not welcome in my fiancée’s house again?”

She said nothing, but went aside for me to enter. I sat on the couch and dialed Amara. But her line wasn’t going through. I decided to give her an hour to come back, then, I would leave. Ella had by then, went into her room and I was left to think about the cost of the new apartment. Before I knew it, I dozed off.

Then I heard a scream. I jolted awake, and ran into Ella’s room. I saw her lying on the floor, her towel still draped over her body, and crying. I went closer to her, and inquired about the cause of her shout, but she kept on weeping.

Believe me, I battled with myself on whether I should hold her while she was barely dressed, or just keep on talking without any form of contact. But what’s comfort without a sense of touch, of feeling?

Read more ➡️ https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/01/11/tangled-emotions-a-flash-fiction-by-somtoochukwu-benedict-ezioha/

1 Like

Re: Tangled Emotions by Ann2012(f): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2020
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Why We Are Still Called Black Man With No Sense / The New Husband. / Fiction Ebook Writer Urgent Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.