Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria (26255 Views)

"I Think You're Losing Your Brain": Galadima To Seun Okinbaloye (Video) / Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is / Seun Okinbaloye 'Poor Interview' With Malami Sparks Social Media Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by ThatFairGuy1: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2020
The ongoing cleansing/reform/persecution in NPF, Should reach the den of Corruption.

Those big big Government parastatals are Corrupt than politicians.

NNPC
DPR
PTDF
PTI
NHIRS
CBN
IRS
FAAN
EFCC
NAFDAC
NDDC
AMCON
NDLEA
The NIGERIA ARMY
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by adaragbotemi: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2020
Goo
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by kimjongJezebel: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2020
So far we continue with the corrupt military constitution nothing shall work. Destroy the useless unitary constitution and let the people give themselves a new constitution.

#RestructureNigeriaNow

2 Likes

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by tot(f): 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2020
helinues:
What I am yet to understand is why do people who have power to bring an end to notorious never did bit now coming out after the protesting ganed international attention.

Shame on you people

Na wa.
No wonder you don't understand.

Meanwhile, double shame on you.

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by lomprico(m): 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2020
dem go soon sack am!
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Christieanne(f): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2020
Naija will get better but first we have to hit the reset button! Out with the old, in with the new!
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2020
Kingsaeedibn:
As if the Buhari or his aids would read

Does bihari read? If he reads can he understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by nameo: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2020
Absolutely correct!
"EndSARS" is just a metaphor

A deeper reform of the entire system is urgently needed.

#REVOLUTION has started. May it eventually meet Nigeria well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Kingsaeedibn: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Does bihari read? If he reads can he understand?

If he understands is he willing to act?

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by mmyfarmsltd(m): 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:
The loftier the plan, the lower the likelihood of success. The reform I'd like to see is an end to the abuse of power by armed forces personnel. This includes brutality, extortion and torture. No officer should ever slap a person unless the law says that the officer must slap them. The path to achieving this is the punishment of those who abuse their power. There must be penalties for slapping, beating, or killing people unnecessarily.

Reform governance and by default policing issues will never exist. All what correspondent Seun has said isnt hard to fix.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by dadavivo: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2020
This short man that talks too much, who does he thinks he is sef
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2020
I love this piece.
If they no hear I go write my own too.
Make crocodile die rather than smile at me.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Igbudu1: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:
The loftier the plan, the lower the likelihood of success. The reform I'd like to see is an end to the abuse of power by armed forces personnel. This includes brutality, extortion and torture. No officer should ever slap a person unless the law says that the officer must slap them. The path to achieving this is the punishment of those who abuse their power. There must be penalties for slapping, beating, or killing people unnecessarily.

Seun , I trust your account hasn't been hijacked .

Your submission no carry weight

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by maak400: 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:
#RestructureNigeriaNow Is the only way out!

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by kemz123: 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2020
Good one
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2020
helinues:
What I am yet to understand is why do people who have power to bring an end to notorious never did bit now coming out after the protesting ganed international attention.

Shame on you people

Your real identity is finally unmasked. Your English has proven you are a motor park tout. No wonder you have always seemed like someone who reasons through the anus.

Na MC Oluomo dey teach una English dia?

3 Likes

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by id911(m): 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2020
The 1999 Constitution is what is holding us down. Burn the unitary constitution.

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by SmartPolician: 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2020
Politicans who decamp to other parties will lose their positions

I despise this

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
which of the Oga Seun?
Don't get it twisted!

Did you even bother to read the article before jumping on your keypad to ask asinine question?

The Political Leadership that fixes this nation will be a hero, the people that push for the change will be happy for generations to come. We can then begin to flash our identity as a real great people that we are!!

‘Seun Okin

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by totit: 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2020
lalasticlala:
Seun Okinbaloye, Channels Television's Political Correspondent, writes on SARS, Police brutality and his to fix Nigeria.

Seun Okin writes on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/seunokin/status/1317409091250212864?s=19

This sums it up, screen shot below cool

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2020
BigSarah:
Who would dare effect these? This current crops of politicians? Una go wait tire...
they will rather create chaos than surrender. They already test ran it by using thugs. These sets of corrupt politicians are the real oppressors. They dont care what will happen to anyone as long as they are safe with their families abroad.They use those police at will and watch them brutalise innocent souls without turning against it.
But its turning gradually the way its supposed to be. Youths will soon take over the whole country and they will be handicapped. They are shock now, no one can be held responsible because its a movement. No sowore or kanu at the front.
Just watch......Its global movements now and military or DSS dare to start their own, na that one go end Nigeria quick quick. Hope u are doing fine?
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Shortyy(f): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:
These demands are just basic. Apart of Reformation of the armed force, this country needs total overhauling. What better time to do it than now? We've gotten the opportunity now, I think it'd be better we voice out, air our grievances, demand for our right. A better government is our right and we deserve it!!

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Ventura1: 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:

Seun, it will not bad if you float a banner on every section to support #ENDSARS

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by kayjay69(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
True bro however this is not the main issue we have.
Bad governance over the years due to the way the country itself is constituted is the main cause of our problems.

Police brutality is just one of our many problems.
Seun:
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:

It is said that if your aim at a star, you might hit the moon - the modest the plan, the lower likelihood of success since there are contingencies outside your contol and the party on a higher ground is not as generous as to give you squeeze or wiggle-room once you table you "small plans"

Strategy is not about gaining or losing ground. it is about positioning in the right places to guarantee the success of your plan without exacerbating the cost of sustaining it afterwards.

Abuse of Power is inexrticably linked to the Authority in Power i.e. the 3 Arms of Government - If there is no agreement across all 3 regarding the issues you have listed above, #EndSars will just be akin to throwing pure-water at Jehovah Witnesses - it won't change anything

As of today Saturday 17 Oct, 2020 @ 5:33PM none of these 3 arms of government have issues a cohesive and unanimous plan to resolve the issues raking the voices of Nigerians several states of the Federation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by Katlyst(m): 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2020
Good!
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by emkz: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2020
For now, we want SARS to end.

In 2023, this movement can translate into a political force and wrest power from our parents who don't want to leave. Then we can implement these things. If we think the elders would implement anything, ten we are not well grounded in our democratic history.

I am for Falz, Ogbeni Dipo, FK Abudu, Mochievous, Feminist coalition, Aproko Doctor et al., to be at the front. Enough of we want government to do this and that: let's do it ourselves. This constitution we are shouting can be changed within 72 hours if we have people with the political will.

1 Like

Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by killuminati(m): 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2020
Gbam
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by filcast(m): 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2020
Seun:
I disagree. The major problem is corruption. What you mentioned are mere symptoms. How can a police officer buy his own uniforms and fuel official cars with his 'salary' and still be normal? Why dont they slap people when they work outside Nigeria.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by thesilentman(m): 5:53pm On Oct 17, 2020
Well Said,my Town Fellow.You just hit the nail on the head.
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by chuksjuve(m): 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2020
lalasticlala:
Seun Okinbaloye, Channels Television's Political Correspondent, writes on SARS, Police brutality and his to fix Nigeria.

Seun Okin writes on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/seunokin/status/1317409091250212864?s=19

All these can only happen when you scrap that book of lucifer called the 1999 Nigeria constitution..

Until it is scrapped, Nigeria cannot make head ways
Re: SARS & Police Brutality: Seun Okinbaloye Writes On How To Fix Nigeria by ayandee: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2020
We should start with constitutional reform. That can be done in 2weeks max if the will to reform is there. That constitution needs a complete overall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'We Are Your Subjects & Children'- Eze Ndigbo Akure Moves To Reconcile With Deji / PDP BOT Sacks Sheriff And Makarfi; Takes Over Party Leadership / Currency Redesign: Open Letter To Governor El-Rufai By Gloria Mabeiam Ballason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.