Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu (1545 Views)

Police Killed 'Bobby Devil' A Notorious Gang Leader In Rivers State (Graphic Pix / Nigeria Police Killed 20 Yrs Old Girl, Shoot A Boy In Ajegunle - Rugged Man / Anita Akapson: How Police Killed Nenadi Usman, Ex-Minister's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by UtopiaDream: 2:55am On Oct 18, 2020
#EndPoliceBrutality: Police Killed My Cousin In 2013 — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu

Nigerian-born lawyer, Kaycee Madu has joined Nigerians worldwide to lend his voice against police brutality in the country.

This follows a week-long protest by Nigerians across the country who have been collectively calling for an end to the brutalities and extrajudicial killings.

Showing his support for the #EndSARScampaign, Mr Madu who was recently appointed the minister of justice and solicitor-general of Alberta, Canada, shared his bitter experience with the police in 2013.

The Canada justice minister in a series of tweets on Twitter on Saturday recount how his cousin, Chrisantus Nwabueze Korie was killed by Nigerian police in April 2013.

According to Madu, the police refused to investigate and did everything to obstruct him from getting justice for his cousin despite all his efforts.

“I support the people of Nigeria as they protest to end police brutality and extrajudicial killings. My own cousin Chrisantus Nwabueze Korie was murdered by Nigerian police in April 2013.

“Despite my best efforts, the police would not investigate his murder and did everything to obstruct. I also helped to petition a committee of Nigeria’s National Assembly to probe the killing and report back to the House within a timely manner,” Madu wrote.

He added; “Fundamental human rights like peace, security and freedom from police brutality are universal. The Nigerian government has an obligation to protect its citizens and deliver substantive police reform.”

Speaking on the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a controversial unit of the Nigeria Police Force and the creation of new outfit, Special Weapons and Tactics Team (SWAT), Madu said the development won’t be sufficient to satisfy the cry of the Nigerian people for justice.

The disbandment of SARS was officially confirmed by the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu earlier this week who announced the creation of new outfit to replace the defunct SARS.

The new unit has also been widely rejected by the protesting youths with #EndSWAT trending on different social media platforms.

According to him, “Changing the name of SARS and reconstituting it without significant reform won’t be sufficient to satisfy the cry of the Nigerian people for justice.”

The lawyer had his tertiary education at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) where he studied law before he was called to bar in the early 2000s also encourage all Nigerians to stand up and be heard.

It was gathered that Mr Madu was previously the minister for municipal affairs migrated to Canada in 2005 with his wife who is also a law graduate. The couple have been practising since their migration to the country.

Kaycee Madu is the first African to be appointed minister of justice in the country.

https://featured24.com/endpolicebrutality-police-killed-my-cousin-in-2013-nigerian-born-canada-justice-minister-kaycee-madu/

Lalasticlala

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by UtopiaDream: 3:18am On Oct 18, 2020

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by Biodun556(m): 3:22am On Oct 18, 2020
This is serious.

2 Likes

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by jen4r: 3:23am On Oct 18, 2020
end sars, end agboro .....

1 Like

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by walosky(m): 3:44am On Oct 18, 2020
The Nigerian Police Force don overdo....aswear !

1 Like

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 18, 2020
If it could get to him and he could not get justice despite writing to NASS, it's only a matter of time before it would get to you while you cannot even get to NASS talkless of getting justice.

Protest for a better Nigeria..
#endsars

7 Likes

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by weyreypey: 3:56am On Oct 18, 2020
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by Moferere: 3:58am On Oct 18, 2020
The atrocities of SARS is unending.

I was unlawfully arrested the week after the lockdown was lifted.

And what was my offence?
My name was wrongly spelt in one of my vehicle papers. Before I could say jack, they said it was a stolen vehicle. And I was driven to FSARS HQ along Area 1 road, they called the place ABATTOIR.

Thank God for raising people to fight my battle, still I was made to part with some money, just because an ALPHABET was missing in one of my vehicle papers.

SARS, una no go die well o.

7 Likes

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by Mgbadike80: 4:05am On Oct 18, 2020
lalasticlala please push this to the FrontPage in order to help get justice for the murdered youth.
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 18, 2020
They should even disband police and replace them with civil defence. Their cup is full
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by KindlyAssist: 5:19am On Oct 18, 2020
In one way or the other SARS has made us weep.

That Awkuzu story alone cannot go off my thalami, I have been feeling so down cos of what power drunken wicked humans met out severe punishments on other humans.

#NWAFORmustDIE
#EndSARS

2 Likes

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by weyreypey: 5:21am On Oct 18, 2020
KindlyAssist:
In one way or the other SARS has made us weep.

That Awkuzu story alone cannot go off my thalami, I have been feeling so down cos of what power drunken wicked humans met out severe punishments on other humans.

#WedemandJusticeforNwafor
#EndSARS

Be careful... only watch or view what you can manage. It is dangerous to follow the whole contents
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by KindlyAssist: 5:24am On Oct 18, 2020
Oh mehn ! I couldn't fathom how people sleep after committing heinous offense against innocent people.

Am good. Thanks.

weyreypey:

Be careful... only watch or view what you can manage. It is dangerous to follow the whole contents

2 Likes

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by protests: 6:16am On Oct 18, 2020
You see your life Nigeria Police?
Why are you so bad? Why.

1 Like

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by GIANTPLUSHUB: 6:52am On Oct 18, 2020
Another one!!
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:55am On Oct 18, 2020
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Another one!!
Welcome to Nairaland.
All the best in your biz.

@topic,
All evil SARS Officials must die painful deaths.
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by inoki247: 6:59am On Oct 18, 2020
e come b like say Nigeria Police they compete with Boko Haram on Killing Spree
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by stubbornman(m): 7:24am On Oct 18, 2020
Even Embarrassment force called police..... Shame and vex nah hin I dey use sleep these days.

1 Like

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 18, 2020
May GOD continue to punish the Killers of these people...
They will continue losing people in their respective homes.

1 Like

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by Openbusiness: 7:32am On Oct 18, 2020
sad Then what's the hope of the poor man. May God arise and fight for the blood of the innocents.

1 Like

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by MajesticKris: 7:49am On Oct 18, 2020
Just imagine.. they shoot at will.....

It's so painful cry
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by tooth4tooth: 8:37am On Oct 18, 2020
Those guys kill with impunity. Disbanding SARS is not enough. We want justice and compensation for the victim of police brutality.
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by crossfm: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2020
Almost every Nigerian has a sad story to tell about Nigeria police brutality,and some over feed politicians see nothing wrong.

Nigerians deserves better.
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by wisest10: 11:47am On Oct 18, 2020
I just wonder the kind phone calls Buhari go don receive
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2020
crossfm:
Almost every Nigerian has a sad story to tell about Nigeria police brutality,and some over feed politicians see nothing wrong.

Nigerians deserves better.
You have said the whole truth of the matter
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by crossfm: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

You have said the whole truth of the matter
Thanks bro.

Happy to be alive today,to witness history been made.
Let's build a Nigeria that our kids won't runaway from,but proud of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2020
crossfm:
Thanks bro.

Happy to be alive today,to witness history been made.
Let's build a Nigeria that our kids won't runaway from,but proud of you
Bless you my brother.
We can stand alone as a nation all we need is
Re: Police Killed My Cousin — Nigerian-Born Canada Justice Minister, Kaycee Madu by UtopiaDream: 7:09am On Oct 22, 2020
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

They Were Caught Setting Properties Ablaze In Akure, Ond State / Criminals Wearin NYSC Cap And Military Cap Burnt 2death ByAnambra State Vigilant / Please Beware Of This Binance P2p Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.