Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu (755 Views)

DSS Not Sponsoring Biafra National Guard To Enforce Sit-at-home Order - Army / PDP Sponsoring EndSARS Protests - APC / Tinubu Is Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by Youngmaster0(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2020
By Nwafor Sunday

The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Ahmed Tinubu has reacted to a news making the rounds that he was among those sponsoring #ENDSARS protesters.

In a statement signed by his spokesman, Tunde Rahman, Tinubu exonerated himself, advising Nigerians to jettison the news.

The statement according to Thecable says: “There is a need to set the facts and record straight for fear that such a fake story may be taken on its face value by some unwary and gullible persons.

“Asiwaju Tinubu could not have sponsored the #EndSARS protest that has blocked one of the main entries into and out of Lagos and one of the economic arteries of the Lagos State Government. He could also not have sponsored such a protest where he too has been labeled a target by the organizers.

“Secondly, whereas Asiwaju Tinubu believes in the right of Nigerians to freedom of expression, assembly, and protest where and when necessary, he has always canvassed the need for people to explore peaceful channels to ventilate their views and demands.

“He believes the #EndSARS protesters have made their demands, which the Federal Government is studying. Like most Nigerians, Asiwaju believes that SARS’ brutality and untoward conduct against innocent youths and other Nigerians have gone on for too long and that security outfit ought to be disbanded as demanded by the protesters.

“Asiwaju Tinubu believes it’s now time for our youths to wait, exercise restraint for dialogue and reform to commence. It is therefore the height of illogicality to ascribe the sponsorship of the protest to Asiwaju. The sponsors of this fake news forget that the protest is so widespread and cuts across the country.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/im-not-sponsoring-endsars-protesters-tinubu/

Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by Yahksbiz(m): 9:26am On Oct 18, 2020
you don't even have the power to do that....
we are coming for u

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by hisgrace090: 9:30am On Oct 18, 2020
but chief you should have use this opportunity to atlist save face.
No matter what, Nigeria belong to the people not politicians.
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by helinues: 9:31am On Oct 18, 2020
Tinubu should have ignored the bitter soul people accusing him of sponsor anti #ENDSARS
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by nNEOo(m): 9:33am On Oct 18, 2020
cheesy

lai Muhammed said Federal government has done all the protesters requested and even much more,but here Mr Tinubu is saying federal government has received demands and are still studying it.

Osinbajo said the government is slow with the implementation of #Endsars demands and for that he apologized

grin

So many contradictions.

who we go believe now oh

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by SmartProf(m): 9:36am On Oct 18, 2020
Of course u aren't sponsoring the protesters, can u also tell us about the thugs?

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by internationalman(m): 9:40am On Oct 18, 2020
we know that already..

You'd rather sponsor the one inflicting pains on us...
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by Fahdiga(m): 9:40am On Oct 18, 2020
This is a click bait. the people that said he is sponsoring endsars protesters obviously did that because of Tinubu's aloofness. since he hasn't said anything since the protest started they called him out so that he can say something. but why is Tinubu so afraid of Buhari. will Buhari knock off his brown teeth if he side with the masses
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by 2by40ft: 9:41am On Oct 18, 2020
Anything beyond endsars is an evil agenda design to throw this country in more chaos.

Any revolution that's not Industrial revolution by the youths is just a gathering of gullables.
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by Fmlao: 9:43am On Oct 18, 2020
nNEOo:
cheesy

lai Muhammed said Federal government has done all the protesters requested and even much more,but here Mr Tinubu is saying federal government has received demands and are still studying it.

Osinbajo said the government is slow with the implementation of #Endsars demands and for that he apologized

grin

So many contradictions.

who we go believe now oh

cheesy

BELIEVE ANYONE OF THEM AT YOUR OWN PERIL
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by nNEOo(m): 9:45am On Oct 18, 2020
Fmlao:

BELIEVE ANYONE OF THEM AT YOUR OWN PERIL

I sha believe in #EndSars and total resource control,these are what my comrades believe in.
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by Fixednaija(m): 9:46am On Oct 18, 2020
ENDSARS: Serious Tension as Protesters fight with Soldiers who are hired to hijack the protest!

Watch and kindly Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more Trending Gists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZA93Gzro1o
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by samincredible44(m): 9:48am On Oct 18, 2020
u are not sponsoring the protesters but u are sponsoring the thugs in lagos
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by olasaad(f): 9:49am On Oct 18, 2020
nNEOo:
cheesy

grin

So many contradictions.

who we go believe now oh

cheesy

EndSARS: No Unit Has Been Created To Replace SARS Yet - Police then where is SWAT from
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by Racoon(m): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2020
Tinubu is @ a loss.They now see him as a traitor and over ambitious man.
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by TheRareGem1(f): 10:50am On Oct 18, 2020
Tinubu should know that by now the Nigerians of this generation are wise and smart. He can't play old politics on us. He never even said a word or through his aid and he expect us to think he is not part of the failed police system after always using them as his thugs during the election. Sitting on the fence because if his rumoured dreamy presidential ambition will not work. We are coming for you Tinubu. We are coming for you
Re: I’m Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Tinubu by OBUKSBAYELSA: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2020
I don't believe you! The statement by the Professor was so explicit and immediately my mind flashback to 2015 and battering of Jonathan by Lai Mohammed, Nigerians will recollect that it was the role Lai Mohammed played that gifted him Minister of Information. It's vintage Bola Ahmed Tinubu style; discredit and take over.

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: Soro Soke Online Radio Launched / Channels TV Goes Off Air, Staff Gets Evacuated Following Mob Attack Threat / BREAKING: Trump’s Son Calls For “total War” On The Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.