Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

MY MERCEDES BENZ PLATE NUMBER ISSUE. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / MY MERCEDES BENZ PLATE NUMBER ISSUE. (1747 Views)

My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. / Faded Plate Number An Offense? / What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Lagos Registered Vehicle Plate Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY MERCEDES BENZ PLATE NUMBER ISSUE. by SpaceAngel: 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
Return the plate number to the seller as it is tied to his name. Don't do things that will be problems for you in future. Imagine if he goes to report that his car was stolen and police picks you up because you are still having number plate tied to his name affixed on your car. angry. How do you explain this. He can say all paperwork is fake. You'll just turn to car thief due to this.

1 Like

Re: MY MERCEDES BENZ PLATE NUMBER ISSUE. by fanaticf: 11:36am On Oct 20, 2020
Thanks guys for all the contributions received from you guys. I had to visit the Road Safety Office yesterday and after having a discussion with them. I have decided to return the guy's plate number and get my own to avoid any future issue.

2 Likes

Re: MY MERCEDES BENZ PLATE NUMBER ISSUE. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Better my bros,this what you are suppose to have done before they advice you to go kill someone so as to keep the plate number smiley smiley
cheers
Re: MY MERCEDES BENZ PLATE NUMBER ISSUE. by fanaticf: 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
nija80:
Better my bros,this what you are suppose to have done before they advice you to go kill someone so as to keep the plate number smiley smiley
cheers
Thanks bro
Re: MY MERCEDES BENZ PLATE NUMBER ISSUE. by Mokelu: 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
damidre:
The license plate would have been registered in his name and to the current car. He would need to pay almost 50k to transfer it to another car while you would need about 42k to register afresh. He might not be aware of this, so you both need to have the discussion. Is there anything special about the number plate that would make him prefer to incur a higher amount? It goes beyond just detaching the number plate, there is a process that updates the records which takes about 3 weeks and costs as high as 50k.

Interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get A Car Loan To Start Uber Business? / Please Help! My Corolla Sport 2003 Model Jerks. When I Put It In Reverse / 5 Richest Kids In Africa And Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.