Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos (5653 Views)

How A Hypothetical Biafran Republic Can Work / The Biafra Republic Would Have Been Cool Under The Leadership Of Gov Uzodimma / Umar Dangiwa Open Letter To Buhari: Your Lopsided Appointment Will Ruin Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by James4bright(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2020
It's quite clear that this ongoing End SARS protest has led many into fighting for an end to Nigeria. The Western geopolitical zone wants Oduduwa republic while the Easterners want Biafra, it's quite clear now, that the Southerners are also agitating for Niger Delta Republic.

I'm a full blooded Igbo man, and I want my igbo brothers to realize we have to fight for restructuring rather than Biafra. It's quite obvious how it takes a long time before some important projects within the Eastern region are been approved by the executive body, if we restructure Nigeria, our Governors would be responsible for the full growth and development of our states without much interference from the executive body.

Do you realize that innoson's vehicles are being patronized by both the Northerners and westerners? Do you also realize that Slot is owned by an Igbo brother? If we fought for Biafra's independence, do you actually think these prominent brands would exist peacefully in Nigeria, I don't think so.

You as an Igbo man can start up a brand, if you are creative enough you'd probably sell to over 20million Nigerians and not get discriminated as a foreigner. Look closely at these Chinese brands that sells to Nigerians, do you know how many Nigerians use Tecno phones. What if you as a Nigerian were to invest into Technology, and you could get over 40 million Nigerians to patronize your brand, how beneficial would that be? Don't say you could do that too as a Biafran, there would be a whole lot of discrimination.

The Chinese keeps lending our politicans massive funds, do you know why? Nigeria is actually their biggest market. If Nigeria decides to shut down goods being imported from China, there would be a reduction in their country's financial capacity. They borrow Nigerians enough funds so they could hold us down.

If we restructure Nigeria, we would be able to approve valuable projects within the Eastern regions with ease and still sell to a good number of Nigerians, without facing any further dictatorship from the northern President. We do not have to beg them to approve valuable projects in the Eastern regions.

I've heard of notions like, "we can never be one". Do you think African Americans connect well with the Whites in America perfectly? In a country with cultural and racial differences, there would obviously be different opinions, that's exactly why we need to restructure the country.

And lastly Biafra would become a nation with just 5 states, because it's already obvious that the Southerners are agitating for Niger Delta Republic, if you doubt me, go on Facebook and check for yourself. What exactly could we use 5 states for? Be wise.

China has over a trillion population, USA has over 300 million population, while Nigeria has over 200 million population. The Chinese population helps them sell their brands better. So many apps like Facebook, Twitter and many more are been banned in China, they sell themselves because of their population.

Mark tried to create a Chinese version of Facebook so he could sell to China but the Chinese government refused. If only Mark sells to China he'd be extremely rich.

Population gives you power. Nairaland is the biggest forum in Africa because of our population, Linda ikeji's blog makes massive funds because of our population. Our entertainment industry is still the biggest in Africa because we sell ourselves without the aid of other Africans. We need our population.

Let's Restructure Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by DenreleDave(m): 10:17am On Oct 18, 2020
undecided

Cc: Igbochief001
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by DontBullshitMe: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2020
Everyone has suddenly found their voice that they lost during the 2019 election.

Laughable!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Built2last: 10:19am On Oct 18, 2020
Get sense my op, travel a little and leave your cubicle in Nigeria

Eastern Nigeria is bigger than 89 countries in the world both in land mass and population. Those countries have existed for centuries. Very lazy countries and Igbo is not lazy.

The current governors and Igbo leaders wont be there 30 years from now.

A generation will come and build Biafra. Borrow sense and dont be myopic

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Biafrannuke: 10:21am On Oct 18, 2020
Unity beggers working overtime.

only fools believe restructuring is possible. Islamic far north will rather declare secession than allow restructuring, resource control and regional police. They have more to loose with restructuring than secession. It will never happen!
moreover, many restructuring advocates are either beneficiaries of the present corrupt system using "restructuring" to veil their support for the status quo, or other ignorant persons.

Ask one thousand people what they mean by restructuring and get one thousand different interpretations!

Biafra is sure.

30 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:
It's quite clear that this ongoing End SARS protest has led many into fighting for an end to Nigeria. The Western geopolitical zone wants Oduduwa republic while the Easterners want Biafra, it's quite clear now, that the Southerners are also agitating for Niger Delta Republic.

I'm a full blooded Igbo man, and I want my igbo brothers to realize we have to fight for restructuring rather than Biafra. It's quite obvious how it takes a long time before some important projects within the Eastern region are been approved by the executive body, if we restructure Nigeria, our Governors would be responsible for the full growth and development of our states without much interference from the executive body.

Do you realize that innoson's vehicles are being patronized by both the Northerners and westerners? Do you also realize that Slot is owned by an Igbo brother? If we fought for Biafra's independence, do you actually think these prominent brands would exist peacefully in Nigeria, I don't think so.

You as an Igbo man can start up a brand, if you are creative enough you'd probably sell to over 20million Nigerians and not get discriminated as a foreigner. Look closely at these Chinese brands that sells to Nigerians, do you know how many Nigerians use Tecno phones. What if you as a Nigerian were to invest into Technology, and you could get over 40 million Nigerians to patronize your brand, how beneficial would that be? Don't say you could do that too as a Biafran, there would be a whole lot of discrimination.

The Chinese keeps lending our politicans massive funds, do you know why? Nigeria is actually their biggest market. If Nigeria decides to shut down goods being imported from China, there would be a reduction in their country's financial capacity. They borrow Nigerians enough funds so they could hold us down.

If we restructure Nigeria, we would be able to approve valuable projects within the Eastern regions with ease and still sell to a good number of Nigerians, without facing any further dictatorship from the northern President. We do not have to beg them to approve valuable projects in the Eastern regions.

I've heard of notions like, "we can never be one". Do you think African Americans connect well with the Whites in America perfectly? In a country with cultural and racial differences, there would obviously be different opinions, that's exactly why we need to restructure the country.

And lastly Biafra would become a nation with just 5 states, because it's already obvious that the Southerners are agitating for Niger Delta Republic, if you doubt me, go on Facebook and check for yourself. What exactly could we use 5 states for? Be wise.

China has over a trillion population, USA has over 300 million population, while Nigeria has over 200 million population. The Chinese population helps them sell their brands better. So many apps like Facebook, Twitter and many more are been banned in China, they sell themselves because of their population.

Mark tried to create a Chinese version of Facebook so he could sell to China but the Chinese government refused. If only Mark sells to China he'd be extremely rich.

Population gives you power. Nairaland is the biggest forum in Africa because of our population, Linda ikeji's blog makes massive funds because of our population. Our entertainment industry is still the biggest in Africa because we sell ourselves without the aid of other Africans. We need our population.

Oga Nigerians sale good to ghana , togo n the rest ...we import from them

Breaking doesn't mean we would be enemies ...even if we are there are 8 billion people to sale to

Bros u just no get any point absolutely no point

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by SLAP44: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2020
Igbochief001:

Breaking doesn't mean we would be enemies ...even if we are there are 8 billion people to sale to

Correct

12 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Dede1(m): 10:24am On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

For sake of posterity sir, what does restructure of Nigeria denote? In fact, I stop the read at the use of color "White" to designate human beings, my appetite to read the article diminished.

5 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 18, 2020
SLAP44:

Correct
I don't really understand this people ...truth is even if I had doubt about Igbos making it alone in Biafra now I'm very convinced we would ...cause if biafra would hurt Igbos Nigeria would have given referendum since

18 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by HAccord: 10:26am On Oct 18, 2020
Abokii muslim opinion. Crying more than the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Fixednaija(m): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2020
ENDSARS: Serious Tension as Protesters fight with Soldiers who are hired to hijack #EndSars Protest!

Watch and kindly Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more Trending Gists...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZA93Gzro1o
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by AsiwajuNdigbo: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

Your message contradicts itself. You are using China as model of how to reap gain from the population and dominate Nigerian economy but suggesting Igbo can do same by doing poltically opposite of what China is. China is a sovereign. Igbo can also be a sovereign and do that. Look in West Africa for example, we are not citizens of the countries but do we not dominate their markets?

Stop being afraid of Biafra. If the opportunity is there we are going to grab it.

18 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by James4bright(m): 10:34am On Oct 18, 2020
Igbochief001:

How many entrepreneurs in Ghana are richer than those in Nigeria? Isn't their country better?

How many artistes in Ghana gets more streams than Nigerian artistes?

How many comedians in Ghana are bigger than those in Nigeria?

Your population helps you sell better, don't be dumb. It's a whole lot harder to sell to a certain country when you are a foreigner.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by James4bright(m): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Your message contradicts itself. You are using China as model of how to reap gain from the population and dominate Nigerian economy but suggesting Igbo can do same by doing poltically opposite of what China is. China is a sovereign. Igbo can also be a sovereign and do that. Look in West Africa for example, we are not citizens of the countries but do we not dominate their markets?

Stop being afraid of Biafra. If the opportunity is there we are going to grab it.

Our entertainment industry dominates their market.
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Dede1(m): 10:42am On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

How many entrepreneurs in Ghana are richer than those in Nigeria? Isn't their country better?

Your population helps you sell better, don't be dumb. It's a whole lot harder to sell to a certain country when you are a foreigner.

Please accept your analogy of China and Igbo is very childish because Igbo is not a sovereign nation. Most Nigerians tend to fail the test of logicality. It took China more then fifty years to steal the technology in order to manufacture Tecno phones yet China had been sovereign nation for more than hundred years. When next you write, please be logical.

16 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Ojiofor: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2020
Make una allow us #ENDSARS first before we continue with endless debate of pro Biafra and pro restructured Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Dede1(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

Our entertainment industry dominates their market.

Which entertainment industry dominates whose market? Please read Economics 101 especially the wealth of a nation. Nigeria cannot produce ordinary film tapes or the lens of camera or even makeup ingredients. You are on the borrowed time because Nigeria and you have practically nothing.

8 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Aboks(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2020
Hm;mmmmm i see tribal war SS for life
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 18, 2020
James4bright:

Really ? Are nigerian business men richer than southern African business men since it's just population ?

Bros vietnam is the new china and it's has a population less than half ours by

Switzerland has a small population but bigger companies than most companies ...

Selling within your country can never make u rich I don't know who u learned that from

7 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Biafrannuke: 10:50am On Oct 18, 2020
Ojiofor:
Make una allow us #ENDSARS first before we continue with endless debate of pro Biafra and pro restructured Nigeria.
I can't recall anytime you were stopped from "ending sars"

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by blasted12: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2020
Igbochief001:

Breaking up most certainly means we will be enemies and enemies impose economic sanctions on each other. We will not trade with you in addition to imposing strict discriminatory immigration laws on you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 18, 2020
blasted12:
Breaking up most certainly means we will be enemies and enemies impose economic sanctions on each other. We will not trade with you in addition to imposing strict discriminatory immigration laws on you
Says who ? ...lmao ..u lack basic understanding ...even if it's that south east stand to gain the most then na

Let's be enemies na ...is economic hardship no better than ending up like hausa tribe in our land

11 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by IGBOSON1: 11:00am On Oct 18, 2020
Bullshit! Was reading this cra'p and realised just what you're up to when you started parroting the same rubbish Igbo haters parrot.....that Igbos should go with 'just your 5 south-east states', and that 'southerners' are agitating for Niger-Delta republic!

Imagine...a so called Igbo man that doesn't know Alaigbo extends into the so called 'south-south' or Niger-Delta! You talking of 'just your 5 south-east states' tells me immediately your intentions are anything but genuine and noble....probably genuinely dishonest!

You talk of 'southerners' agitating for Niger-Delta republic! Who are the leaders of this movement; which states/ethnicities are they saying make up this movement and will be leaving with them to form said republic; what are the boundaries of said republic? For all of the aformentioned questions, Biafra or IPOB have given answers.....of course answers which they say will be subjected to a referendum since it's to be expected not everyone/ethnicity may want to be included! Ethnicities/grps are even free to say they will not be involved in any referendum, and if their masses are comfortable with this and don't voice any opposition, then they're free to either remain in their 'one Nigeria' or go it alone! Key thing here is every ethnicity/grp is given the freedom to choose where they want to belong,...no one is being forced! This is a damn sight more than Nigeria is offering, where we're being threatened with war if we make a choice that doesn't include 'one Nigeria', or where we're being told Nigeria is 'indisolluble and unbreakable'!

Every man or grp of people are born free....nobody is anybody else's slave or property! I look at how the Fulani and some Yoruba have negative attitudes and sentiments towards Igbos.....feelings which range in scale from downright derision and contempt on the one hand, to outright hatred and murderous intent on the other, and i ask myself if this is the kind of country i want my children to inherit?

Smaller countries in landmass and population exist and are doing quite well, so why must Ndigbo and other ethnicities in the east (that have thrived and existed in peace with one another for centuries even long before Lugard was conceived)....why must we be tied to 'one Nigeria', with its accompanying toxic environment, in order to survive?

All the silly 'excuses' you gave for us to stay in Nigeria are issues already settled with membership of bodies like ECOWAS or AU, and if we're told we still can't do business with some ethnic grps that made up the former 'one Nigeria' just because we had the temerity to leave them.....then TOUGH! At least we can live in peace with likeminded people and go to bed with both eyes closed!

11 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by blasted12: 11:02am On Oct 18, 2020
Igbochief001:

Says who ? ...lmao ..u lack basic understanding ...even if it's that south east stand to gain the most then na

Let's be enemies na ...is economic hardship no better than ending up like hausa tribe in our land
Get your Biafra and stay on your own.
#notrade
#noimmigration
#nodiplomaticrelations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Dede1(m): 11:03am On Oct 18, 2020
blasted12:
Breaking up most certainly means we [/b]will be enemies and enemies impose economic sanctions on each other. [b]We will not trade with you in addition to imposing strict discriminatory immigration laws on you

Who are the "we" in the above post? Please expatiate on the we and enemies. By the way, you should realize enemies fight war.

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Golan007: 11:04am On Oct 18, 2020
Igbochief001:

Na lie oh.

We are enemies and would continue to be enemies.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by sapientia(m): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2020
You can had your opinion

But all these your reasons are trash
Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by blasted12: 11:07am On Oct 18, 2020
Dede1:

Who are the "we" in the above post? Please expatiate on the we and enemies. By the way, you should realize enemies fight war.
Iran and America are enemies who impose mutual economic sanctions on each other but yet are still not physically at war. Get your Biafra and stay away from the rest of us

1 Like

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 18, 2020
Golan007:

Na lie oh.

.and so we still have 54 countries in africa to do business with na ...what's that

9 Likes

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by IGBOSON1: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2020
Golan007:

Na lie oh.

'Enemies' based on what? You can't just make a statement like that without explaining yourself?

Are we 'friends' and love each other now just because of 'one Nigeria', and that once the country breaks we will now be 'enemies'?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafran Republic Would Lead To The Ruin Of The Igbos by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2020
blasted12:
Get your Biafra and stay on your own.
#notrade
#noimmigration
#nodiplomaticrelations
Your business ...I rather die poor in Biafra than be rich in Nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayu: APC Panicking Over Fear Of Losing Power; But We’ll Crush Them / Bad behaving Obidients Create Cartoon Celebrating Ajuri Ngelale( Photo) / Kano Governorship: Appeal Court To Commence Hearing On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.