Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

The Live8 Concerts - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Live8 Concerts (1827 Views)

How Do Nigerian Artists Make Money Apart From Concerts And Endorsement / Davido UK Tour 2013: 1 Of The Hottest Concerts Of The Year!(pictures Don’t Lie) / Did Anyone Attend 2face Concerts In The Usa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Live8 Concerts by Imnakoya(m): 3:18am On Jun 28, 2005
What do you think of the Live8 concerts? Are we Africans doing enough to help ourselves?

The future belongs to us, so how can we creatively complement this global endeavor?
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Seun(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2005
Can you tell us more about Live8? It appears that most of us know little about this issue.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by anugirl(f): 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2005
Thanks for raising this issue.  I think we Africans should liberate ourselves completely from de Oyinbo man.
I don't support all those useless funds.  Instead of raising funds and sympathising, the Western world (apart from the useless and brainless leaders we have) should leave Africa to solve her problems alone without their "pseudo help"

They caused everything and they still continue to create more problems just for the sake of their selfish interests.  How can they continue to hurt us and at the same time provide medications?  Africa can solve her problems alone if only they let de ancient continent be.

Imagine! [I]few[/I] African artists are performing at the Live8 concerts, which are meant to be for the future of Africa.

Finally, I think there should be more awareness among Africans.  We have the potentials; we just need 'courage & truthfulness'.

We need revolution!

Seun, Live8 is a series of concerts and events across the globe to combat poverty in Africa, organised by Irish rocker-turned activist Bob Geldof.  I can't believe that there are some people who don't know what Live8 is.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Imnakoya(m): 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2005
Fellas, the aim of my questions is NOT to ridicule anyone! Seun has asked a very truthful question and there is nothing wrong with that, in fact that is what this forum is all about, right?

I do not totally agree with ANUGIRL, the world has turned to a global village,and no one can afford to live in isolation anymore. That style is pre-historic and should not be encouraged in my opinion. Besides, there are some African musicians at the Live8, yes, there ain't many of them.

Yes, we need a revolution, not a bloody one though, a revolution that start from our hearts and brains, collectively, and one way to start is to ask questions, to we must find answers. Lets challenge the status-quo, lets free ourselves  of our lethargic persona. If you wish to learn more about what all this euphoria is all about, just do a google search, or better still, read my blog (not this is not self promoting) here:

http://grandioseparlor..com/2005/06/live-8-where-are-my-african-brethrens.html
Re: The Live8 Concerts by anugirl(f): 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2005
hey, am not trying 2 ridicule anybody and please wen I said we need a revolution I didn't mean a bloody one angry
I personally believe dat globalisation is another way of enslavering de poor & voiceless masses.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by IAH(f): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2005
As a matter of fact, I don't know what Live8 is too! I just know that some artistes are trying to sing to make poverty history in Africa or something like that. Never actually heard of Live8 b4.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by JustBlaze1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2005
LIVE 8 is part of a day of action across the world which kick-starts The Long Walk to Justice that calls on the leaders of the world’s richest countries to act when they meet in Gleneagles on 6th-9th July. On July 2nd in London, Edinburgh, Washington, Berlin, Paris and Rome millions will be coming together to call for complete debt cancellation, more and better aid and trade justice for the world’s poorest people.

LIVE 8 is calling for people across the world to unite in one call – in 2005 it is your voice we are after, not your money.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 3:59am On Jul 27, 2005
The live 8 concert was very touching.especially when that ethiopian gal came out,i didnt know when i started crying.
Kudos to every one that watched it i hope they make a good one out of it.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by nike4luv(f): 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2005
yea..i signed up for dose stuff too sad
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 4:58am On Aug 01, 2005
sad sad sad  its sad.Live8 really touched my heart that i can't stop thinking of it
Re: The Live8 Concerts by nike4luv(f): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2005
yea..imagine dose children, loads of petitions
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2005
i know sad sad how did u feel when u saw that ethiopian girl that had 20 mins to live?
i cried cry but she was saved grin
Re: The Live8 Concerts by nike4luv(f): 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2005
its all gud now..we r saved
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 4:20am On Aug 02, 2005
smiley smiley grin grin
Re: The Live8 Concerts by hotangel2(f): 5:13am On Aug 02, 2005
Live was okay..although i wasn't in full support of it.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 7:33am On Aug 02, 2005
y were u not in full support of it?
Re: The Live8 Concerts by nike4luv(f): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2005
yea gurl y?
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 1:16am On Aug 03, 2005
we r waiting for your Answer Hotangel
Re: The Live8 Concerts by nike4luv(f): 1:29am On Aug 03, 2005
yea..
Re: The Live8 Concerts by hotangel2(f): 2:34am On Aug 03, 2005
hahaha.. okay i am here ooo.

The reason why i was not in full support of it was because, they thought singing could help The third world countries. Okay don't get me wrong now, I know they were gonna use the money they got from people who went to the concerts to help people, but it still don't feel right. The third world countries need money --yes, but they also need people to be with them. Oprah gave some reasons against the concerts and she got me to believe what she said...i really can't remember her reasons but i knew they were right....
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Seun(m): 2:36am On Aug 03, 2005
Of course the reasons she gave were right. Afterall, it's Ophrah!
Re: The Live8 Concerts by hotangel2(f): 2:38am On Aug 03, 2005
That was exactly what i thought. I am an Oprah show LovePeddler...i watch her almost everyday, so i tend to agree with almost all her reasons as to why stuffs are right, or wrong. She supported the live 8 concert, but then she said the reason of the concerts were really not right.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Imnakoya(m): 5:09am On Aug 03, 2005
hot-angel:

That was exactly what i thought. I am an Oprah show LovePeddler...i watch her almost everyday, so i tend to agree with almost all her reasons as to why stuffs are right, or wrong. She supported the live 8 concert, but then she said the reason of the concerts were really not right.

So if "O" didn't exist what is your opinion about the Live8?
Re: The Live8 Concerts by hotangel2(f): 5:53am On Aug 03, 2005
Uhmm Too Bad Oprah Exists.
Re: The Live8 Concerts by nike4luv(f): 5:53am On Aug 03, 2005
hehe
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 9:12am On Aug 03, 2005
Hey Liz,
u shuld have your own say and leave Oprah out of this......
I think i adore her more than u so just forget about her and tell us your view about Live8
Re: The Live8 Concerts by hotangel2(f): 9:54am On Aug 03, 2005
I don't have a iew anymore...because Oprah has made my view clear. I told you earlier that "live 8 was okay, but i was not in full support of it". that's my view.

Uhmm, try calling me Lizzy. I don't like the name Liz. wink
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2005
Liz or Lizzy,
all na desame wink
Re: The Live8 Concerts by hotangel2(f): 10:29am On Aug 03, 2005
i know my sister. But the way people use Liz is too much. Lizzy is better. wink
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2005
Lizzy is better and Sexier wink
Re: The Live8 Concerts by hotangel2(f): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2005
God bless you. Exactly!!!
Re: The Live8 Concerts by Latoya(f): 10:44am On Aug 03, 2005
smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Story Behind African Queen (help) / New Nigerian Artist.. Run's T- Shake your Body / Rooftop Mc Releases Back At One Album(free Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.