Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday (58115 Views)

Nationwide Strike Begins Monday Midnight - NLC, TUC / Insecurity: IGP Orders Immediate Deployment Of SWAT Operatives / Police To Raise 1,850 Operatives For SWAT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by shevy878: 11:56pm On Oct 18, 2020
Charleys:
This IGP is a Joker.

Sometimes I just think he's out of ideas.
My brother the whole govt is totally out of ideal.

1 Like

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Friend22(m): 12:00am On Oct 19, 2020
Charleys:
This IGP is a Joker.

Sometimes I just think he's out of ideas.

If nobody is bold enough to tell you the truth I will.
Some of you are just nuisance to the rest of us.
All you demanded for are being done ,but no,it must be now now.
And this are the suppose leaders of tomorrow?
With this kind of menrality,I won't support any youth to lead.
Because you people don't even have control over your emotions how then do you control other people.
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Emoney07: 12:06am On Oct 19, 2020
ok
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by afrika(f): 12:14am On Oct 19, 2020
My pain is that the agenda is for the south south
South East,
West and Middle belt to be caged properly before their youths get out hand.

Police brutality
Sars

Are hardly found in the north.

To me, they re bunch of decent people in the north.

Their mission is harsh on strangers only.
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:46am On Oct 19, 2020
Keep deceiving your fulani zombies.

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by mvem(m): 12:52am On Oct 19, 2020
smile11s:
They should focus on making the economy better and there will become less need for a SWAT kind of police.
so America don't have such...you think kidnapping, murder and armed robbery is absent in advanced nations ?
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by mvem(m): 12:54am On Oct 19, 2020
afrika:
My pain is that the agenda is for the south south
South East,
West and Middle belt to be caged properly before their youths get out hand.

Police brutality
Sars

Are hardly found in the north.

To me, they re bunch of decent people in the north.

Their mission is harsh on strangers only.
all these SARS men victimzing people in the south are they not Southerners?... I read of the atrocity of a SARS commander in Anambra and he is an igbo man not Hausa or whatever...and SARS is actually in the north, some are deployed with the military in BH fight to
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by smile11s(m): 1:09am On Oct 19, 2020
mvem:
so America don't have such...you think kidnapping, murder and armed robbery is absent in advanced nations ?

Cow! Since you think everyone should follow America then you should google ‘defund the police’

1 Like

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Democracynna: 1:20am On Oct 19, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Where did the Swat officers come from?
disbanded sars
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by supercase1(m): 1:21am On Oct 19, 2020
fireback:
where is the justice the people are demanding for. since the beginning of the protest no police man has been brought to book. you mean you're going to reintegrate those murderers into other police unit without any justice at all. this is a ritualist government.
37 Sars officers had been fired so far sir
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by supercase1(m): 1:23am On Oct 19, 2020
Friend22:

Because you people don't even have control over your emotions how then do you control other people.
Muslim man spotted.......

1 Like

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Lifecanbeamazin: 1:34am On Oct 19, 2020
It's obvious that these guys are Not listening . Our youth are saying No to SARS or SWAT.
We support our youth ❤.

1 Like

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by EMMY76: 1:35am On Oct 19, 2020
Give this swat some few months or years it's surely going to end up like the dreaded sars. The solution is to decentralize the nigerian police force let every state be in total charge of their own policing.

1 Like

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by mrkings84(m): 1:42am On Oct 19, 2020
If I say this man is a FOOL I don't think I am wrong!

End this nonesense right now!

1 Like

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Babinski: 1:46am On Oct 19, 2020
Robert1da:
Special weapons and tactics.

Abeg Nigeria get special or sophisticated weapons.

SWAT abroad no dey use AK-47

The Governors have already told him the creation of SWAT by the IGP was a hasty decision without due consultations. The origin of SWAT in the USA was for response to heavily armed encounters. Bank robberies just happened to be some of those encounters.
1. What is the use of SWAT in our own scenario here?
2. What heavily armed encounters will they be tackling?
3. What provisions have been made for special weapons way different from the rusty AK-47 that is the trademark of our Police?
4. SWAT do not engage in investigation and crime detection. Even in the United States where it originated, SWAT teams are deployed almost 80% of the time to serve search warrants, most often for narcotics. How applicable is this to our situation? Who will handle the investigation and crime detection relating to robberies that was part of the FSARS job?

The rush to push SWAT smacks of the shallow thinking, quick fix mentality and insincerity that contributed to the current mess the Nigeria Police has found itself.

The cry for EndSARS is not requesting for rebranding of the Police but rather the overhauling of the systems and mentality that produced Police officers that saw themselves above the law without flinching from brutalizing and murdering the people they are supposed to be protecting for personal gains. A system that made Police officers not to be accountable. In respect of said malevolent system, the IGP is yet to do anything.

All the talk about SWAT without adequately answering the aforementioned questions relating to the unit and its suitability is nothing more than empty posturing without substance.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by OyinO: 1:48am On Oct 19, 2020
These old men in leadership positions think it's business as usual. They don't know that the present day youths are equipped with computer brain of the Information Era. They want to use old man sense on youths with too much computer sense. Youth computer sense is smarter than old man analogue sense.

1 Like

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by dasparrow: 2:29am On Oct 19, 2020
#ENDSARS
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY
#RESTRUCTURENIGERIANOW
#ENDSWAT
#ENOUGHISENOUGH

Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Splintinterior: 3:48am On Oct 19, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH
what is their educational background?�
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 19, 2020
Islie:

PUNCH

Modern day policing under that dead man...

Just get him OFF THE LAND already.

Like if Buhari is the most useless President inside of Planet Earth.
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Awaja(m): 5:38am On Oct 19, 2020
Another menace loading,
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Ritaflinz: 5:45am On Oct 19, 2020
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Not a bad idea. As the IGP is doing this, he should also be working on justice for the families who lost their loved ones through police brutality. Weldone sir!

You must be joking with this your statement... mtcheww
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Novemberaura(m): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2020
it's wrong for that guy to be putting on arsenal jersey in that picture.
he should be reprimanded while we #endsars
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by GreyLaw(m): 7:10am On Oct 19, 2020
Friend22:

You are utterly selfish!
Nothing has been done. Where are the arrested ex-SARS murderous officers? People like James and co? The Anambra governor went to Akwuzu and freed inmates there, didn't he see the atrocities committed there? Why has the government not started excavating the place to unravel the mystery of dead people whose organs were ripped off and sold by the demonic SARS?
Why hastily create another useless unit called SWAT even in the heat of the protest?
You and your ilk are in for a rude awakening. People are tired of the whole Nigerian system of institutionalised wickedness and corruption.
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Trybes(m): 7:11am On Oct 19, 2020
Another Sars in disguise. #Endsars #Endswat
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by GreyLaw(m): 7:13am On Oct 19, 2020
Babinski:

The Governors have already told him the creation of SWAT by the IGP was a hasty decision without due consultations. The origin of SWAT in the USA was for response to heavily armed encounters. Bank robberies just happened to be some of those encounters.
1. What is the use of SWAT in our own scenario here?
2. What heavily armed encounters will they be tackling?
3. What provisions have been made for special weapons way different from the rusty AK-47 that is the trademark of our Police?
4. SWAT do not engage in investigation and crime detection. Even in the United States where it originated, SWAT teams are deployed almost 80% of the time to serve search warrants, most often for narcotics. How applicable is this to our situation? Who will handle the investigation and crime detection relating to robberies that was part of the FSARS job?

The rush to push SWAT smacks of the shallow thinking, quick fix mentality and insincerity that contributed to the current mess the Nigeria Police has found itself.

The cry for EndSARS is not requesting for rebranding of the Police but rather the overhauling of the systems and mentality that produced Police officers that saw themselves above the law without flinching from brutalizing and murdering the people they are supposed to be protecting for personal gains. A system that made Police officers not to be accountable. In respect of said malevolent system, the IGP is yet to do anything.

All the talk about SWAT without adequately answering the aforementioned questions relating to the unit and its suitability is nothing more than empty posturing without substance.

Beautifully written and apt.
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by mvem(m): 7:47am On Oct 19, 2020
smile11s:

Cow! Since you think everyone should follow America then you should google ‘defund the police’
I just use US as an example...all countries have a paramilitary police unit. Are you that ignorant?. The defund police, do you really get the concept? And have the whole idea being accepted ?
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by fireback: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2020
supercase1:

37 Sars officers had been fired so far sir
where are the names of the 37 sars. this is a ghost fire.
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by wasi9ice: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2020
They are all the same ,
It's just like changing somebody's name from Peter to Paul ;�, do you think we are fools?
#ENDSARS#
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by smile11s(m): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
mvem:
I just use US as an example...all countries have a paramilitary police unit. Are you that ignorant?. The defund police, do you really get the concept? And have the whole idea being accepted ?

You must have a senseless pig brain
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by Charleys: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2020
Friend22:

Thanks.
We the youth don't have a future in this God forsaken country. Buhari has just spent our pension funds.
We don't have a pension because we don't have jobs, School is on strike, if all those people had jobs or were in school will they go out to protest?
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by samwillyco1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2020
This IGP self, The Presidency/Senate should stop that Adamu for doing anything
Re: IGP Lists Requirements For SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Monday by mvem(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
smile11s:

You must have a senseless pig brain
says someone that obviously lacks one. I know your type...what point have you made ?...Mahaukaci!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Collapse Of Imo International Conference Centre Built By Okorocha / INEC Declares Emeka Ihedioha Winner Of Imo Governorship Election 2019 / Okija Shrine: No Longer A Bee-hive Of Activities For Politicians (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.