Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

We Deserve Better ✊✊ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Deserve Better ✊✊ (218 Views)

Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians / Anambra 2021: AAC, Dr Chidozie Nwankwo (wichtech) The Governor We Deserve. / “Nigerians Deserve Better” - Ben Bruce On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Deserve Better ✊✊ by prince2pac(m): 12:34am On Oct 19, 2020
* This article might be long, and also please don't mind my spelling and grammatical errors. I'm not writing to please anyone, nor to pin any blame on anyone. Your criticisms are allowed... But I'm writing from my own view of things in our country.

*During this period of the #endsars protest, I have come to see a lot of opinions from many of our youths, and with this ideology it won't get any better. One week into the #endsars protest FG and ASUU had a meeting and immediately the news was that they are calling off the strike, why now? I made a comment on the topic saying "Fu*k ASUU" and I got some backlash both on my mention and PM, which led to bringing up this topic.
*The leaders we celebrate today assumed power since the 1980's and 1970's, the started ruling us without experience. And for all the years they have been in power there has being no visible growth in the country, don't get me wrong when I say no visible growth, almost all the states in Nigeria is blessed with a natural resource, from petroleum, gold, coal, uranium, ore etc. The development I see in my dear country is not worth what nature has given to us as gifts.

*Now let's talk about the educational system which is the worst. They have their children enjoying good education abroad but here we are, not just that many years are delayed in the name of strikes but also we are are still being taught with older curriculums, no better laboratories. From primary to university level we can't boast of good classrooms and labs. Nigerian students we deserve better than this..

*A blessed country but we can't boast of steady electricity, good roads, water supply, world class stadiums, airports,etc. We are still celebrating an old rail system while the world has shifted to bullet train, we still have open gutters on our roads in 2020, Our engineering students cannot apply what they studied in construction, they are labourers to some Chinese and Indians. We have professors in physics and our uranium is wasting, while it is a main source is nuclear power plant. How many do I mention?

*Sorry I didn't mention much on the minimum wages and salaries our suffering teachers, medical doctor etc. You all can as well add more on that

*We need to set things straight now that we causing panic in their camp, we need to call for total restructuring or we peacefully disintegrate. Let start now to take back our country. These old men will never stop ruining our country, they will keep looting in billions until we say it's enough... They should resign.. let's restructure so states can control their resources. We have well educated and intelligent young people to lead us... We deserve better.

#endsars
#restrutureordisintegrate
#wedeservebetter

✊✊

cc wiseandtrue lalasticlala mynd44

Re: We Deserve Better ✊✊ by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:15am On Oct 19, 2020
prince2pac:
* *We need to set things straight now that we causing panic in their camp, we need to call for total restructuring or we peacefully disintegrate. Let start now to take back our country. These old men will never stop ruining our country, they will keep looting in billions until we say it's enough... They should resign.. let's restructure so states can control their resources. We have well educated and intelligent young people to lead us... We deserve better
✊✊

cc wiseandtrue lalasticlala mynd44
The roads are nothing to write home about

The way I am looking at Buhari he doesn't know where to start
Re: We Deserve Better ✊✊ by stonemasonn: 6:54am On Oct 19, 2020
It's our mentality my brother, we can't progress with this[i] one man takes it all [/i]ancient feudal mentality. Even the Europeans have long abandoned the system.
Re: We Deserve Better ✊✊ by prince2pac(m): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2020
stonemasonn:
It's our mentality my brother, we can't progress with this[i] one man takes it all [/i]ancient feudal mentality. Even the Europeans have long abandoned the system.
yeah to be honest with you we can't progress with this mentality.... is it not the same students that started e protest in Thailand for the resignation of the royal family and reformation of the Constitution.... same students has been protesting in Hong Kong for their total freedom from China, even after Belarus election was rigged, students started the protest before everyone else joined, we are too afraid to demand for our rights

cc luluman uptimum123 leokid866

Re: We Deserve Better ✊✊ by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 19, 2020
cool cool

We have a long way to go as country...

#endsars

(1) (Reply)

Security, Welfare And Legitimacy / BREAKING: Over Four Persons Killed At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Operatives... / Endsars: How Report Predicted ‘surging Protests’ For Nigeria, Others Ravaged By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.