Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians (7179 Views)

Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians / I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Bobloco: 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 elections, Mr Peter Obi, has urged the federal government to be committed to the regular payment of salaries of teachers in the country.

He also called on Nigerians to imbibe the culture of celebrating teachers who are contributing to the human capital development of Nigeria, rather than embracing the politicians creating problems for the country.

Obi wrote this on his X page (formerly Twitter) on the commemoration of the World’s Teachers’ Day on Thursday, stressing that the teachers’ contributions remain inexhaustible in Nigerian society.

“I would like to celebrate all the teachers in Nigeria today, as the global community marks World Teachers Day. I celebrate them for their commitment to the task of nation-building. It is often said that the building of great nations begins in the classrooms,” Obi wrote.

“The foundation of the development of any society is human capital development which can only be achieved through education and the immeasurable contribution of teachers. So, there cannot be any true development in a society without the critical input of the educators who are our teachers.

“The great rigour, hard work, patience, and dedication most teachers in different schools and institutions, especially at the basic level, put into their work to ensure that their students can become the best in learning and character, deserve special acknowledgement and commendation.

“I have always celebrated teachers in Nigeria, whenever the opportunity comes. For example, Mr Akeem Badru, who won the 2023 Cambridge Dedicated Teacher Award. I have also maintained that the government should begin to celebrate Nigerian teachers who through hard work and dedication, have distinguished themselves in many ways, rather than celebrating individuals who contribute to the challenges facing us as a nation.

“I urge the government to take teachers’ salaries seriously and ensure that they are paid as and when due. At the basic education level, which is the most critical, governments should intervene in schools owned by private and voluntary agencies, and ensure that their teachers are paid as their counterparts in public schools.

Obi, then, addressed the teachers to continually display tenacity and endurance, saying, “I encourage the teachers to remain resolute and patient despite the present hardship prevalent in the nation. We all look forward to better days, the dawn of the ‘New Nigeria.’”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/teachers-day-teachers-deserve-better-treatment-obi-tells-fg-nigerians/amp/

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
Peter Obi, na my president you be
Me, I want better tomorrow
Me no want olodo, no no!

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by KingKO22: 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
Lamber master

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Advancedpenis: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
Mynd44 go begin cry hit head for wall now

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by 40fy: 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by minakom: 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
Government school teachers are enjoying. Tell that to private school owners sir.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Roger3D(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
Bobloco:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/teachers-day-teachers-deserve-better-treatment-obi-tells-fg-nigerians/amp/
What exactly did this man do for teachers in his state while he was governor? I don't think so much. But I'm open to his supporters enlightening me

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Jennyclay(f): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
Teachers are verified broke people. I can never be in a relationship with a teacher.

Nwa-teacher, God forbid!!

5 Likes

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by NutritionGuru: 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2023
shocked See:
See what Young Abuja Politicians said about Obi-Atiku vs Tinubu:
https://www.nairaland.com/7866476/disastrous-negative-effect-obi-atikus#126218437

2 Likes

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by iamtardey: 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2023
Obi don cast

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Amin11(m): 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2023

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Larsow73: 4:02pm On Oct 05, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by HateBigots: 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
patiently waiting for agbado urchins to leave the message and say something stupid and asinine as usual

5 Likes

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Slurity(m): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
OBI SHOULD JUST KEEP QUITE FOR CHRIST SAKE.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by sukkot: 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
grin this nigga. Who refused to pay lecturers for 13 months of striking

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Hotfreezing: 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
Look at this fool who couldn't pay up to National minimum Wage when he was Anambra Governor. He thinks we all have short memories like his akpu Obidients.

He has forgotten that University Teachers went on strike when he was Governor. Hypocritical lying failure.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by FactBoyz: 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
angry
Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by wale8486: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
all d teachers in ANAMBLA during his tenure now has mansion in BANANA ISLAND.

werey 3rd class set

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by EbolaTinubu: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
Yes o
Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Roger3D(m): 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
Jennyclay:
I can never be in a relationship with a teacher

God forbid!!
But that's because you're something that all men know what you are. We just can't say it here and not get banned

15 Likes

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by boxypane(m): 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
Obi!!! You that treated teachers terrible during your time as governor. Ahhh

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by richard870(m): 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
Lolzzzz

1 Like

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by EbolaTinubu: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
wale8486:

werey 3rd class set
Shatap zombie

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by NutritionGuru: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
boxypane:
shocked The most shocking latest eye-opening revelation about Tinubu Chicago University issue: https://www.nairaland.com/7866431/settles-brouhaha-tinubus-scholarly-excellence#126217604

8 Likes

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by kk2027: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
boxypane:

Stop venting your frustration on Obi
He's not the one that asked the certificate forger to print his certificate from business center

Obi didn't owe teachers for even 1 day

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by Eriggs: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
wale8486:
werey 3rd class set
No mind the olodo failure, supported by online terrorists and pigs. Werey dem

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teachers’ Day: Teachers Deserve Better Treatment, Obi Tells FG, Nigerians by creativehubb: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
Teachers sure deserve better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Will Not Appear Before Panel - Jibrin / Muamar Gaddafi's Last Words And Prophecies / Magu's Rejection An Attemt To Undermine Anti-corruption War - Transparency Int'l

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.