Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" (34271 Views)

Janet Jackson Speaks On EndSARS & Lekki Shootings, Says 'Enough Is Truly Enough' / Beyonce On EndSARS: 'I'm Heartbroken To See Senseless Brutality In Nigeria' / Laycon Stops Interviewer's Question Choosing To Speak On Endsars Over His Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by TMSMedia: 6:47am On Oct 19, 2020
EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" Seun Kuti Expresses His Reservations With The End SARS Protest (Video)

Seun Kuti, one of the sons of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, expressed his reservations with the end SARS protest, IgbereTV reports.

He stated that the demands made by Nigerian youths in the #5for5 list of demands is "too weak" which is why he's reluctant to get involved in the current protest.

"It's like we're fighting for police to live a better life," he said.

He further stated that police are adults and if they are not satisfied with their salary, they can protest or go on strike.

He added: "It is not the duty of Nigerians to fight for police to have better salary. If police don't like their salary and welfare, let them strike and protest."

He also said that an increase in salary is not the solution to police corruption.

"Increasing police salary will not stop police corruption," he said.

He continued: "If money dey stop corruption, why our politicians still dey thief?"

He went on to say that it appears the average Nigerian is fighting for the issue that affects them, which is police brutality, because they want to freely drive their Benz without being harrassed. But they do not seem to care about the problems that affect poorer Nigerians.

He said that SARS is not our only problem, adding that NURTW boys collect money from market women, okada riders, and bus drivers everyday and no one is fighting for them. Seun said a call to end the harrassment these poor Nigerians face from these NURTW boys who extort money from them needs to be included in the list of demands, instead of advocating for an increase in police salary.

"Everybody is being extorted at every level in this country every day."

He called the #5for5 "useless demands" and said no one can drag him to the current agitation because the demands are not serious enough.

Watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfAQhdNlo6k

https://igberetvnews.com/1368803/endsars-demands-weak-seun-kuti-expresses-reservations-end-sars-protest-video/

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Eastlink(m): 6:49am On Oct 19, 2020
I agree 100% with Seun

235 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by sammysmiles(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2020
There's nothing more than can be done than for the government to promise..... It's not about making demands,,,, but the demands being fulfilled..... How many problems does the government want to solve at once.... The youths should start planning for 2023,,,,,cause those old men are are ticking their plans...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by obasiken: 6:52am On Oct 19, 2020
Problem full Nigeria....

Let's start somewhere..
Let them genuinely do the 5 items and we see
EndSars!!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Kzinne: 6:55am On Oct 19, 2020
True. #endsars shouldn't be the issue at this point since it's been disbanded. Ending corruption should be the talking point. Corruption is and is killing Nigeria.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Moferere: 6:56am On Oct 19, 2020
Seun is right tho

28 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by JudasNaCarrot: 6:58am On Oct 19, 2020
EndSars is a platform it all began but at this time the demand ought to have shifted and gathered enough momentum.
This is the very best time to demand whatever we want this country to become. We need to restructure this country so as to lift it from its present state of rotten ness to a country we all desire.
This is the only time we have to do this because very very soon the government will swoop on us and weaken our strength for they know how to divide us along religious and ethnic lines. Already some group of Nothern youths have started attacking and killing peaceful protesters because they see the protest as something against the Nothern president and moslem.
Meanwhile the Notherners account for 86% of people living in abject poverty in Nigeria as a result of bad governance.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Freestainworld(m): 7:17am On Oct 19, 2020
Every great thing starts small, now that the momentum is high, our demand should be more higher to cover an average Nigerian problems, good road, good electricity, security improvement, employment, good health care, reduction of our legislatures salaries , Atleast 50% youths in government positions.

12 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by LawLab247: 7:19am On Oct 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:23am On Oct 19, 2020
I wish ur Dad is alive to see what he prophecy
I also wish Afika of blessed menory of O.A.U is alive to lead this revolution......

The voice of the people will be heard

Soro soke..............

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2020
Truly if police want salary increment, they should fight for it. Stupid people who go about harassing people upandan. Let's face our own issues jare. If they want increment, they should join. We shouldn't fight for them. After all, it's their brothers that are killing

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by KingstonAyo37: 7:25am On Oct 19, 2020
Until they call for the President to go then we will be serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by kenzysmith: 7:26am On Oct 19, 2020
the thing tire me Nigerians dey fight for police salary when bsc holders are prefare to HND holders when weork no dey, wey light no dey if police no say then no dey pay then well make them resign .men dey wet go rush their space hunger dey this country

9 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by ALARAPE22(m): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2020
God bless you........I support you......

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by daddytime(m): 7:43am On Oct 19, 2020
Let's make #EndSARS a catalyst and a precursor to ending the original SARS below
S- Smelly
A- And
R- Rotten
S- System
#ENDBADGOVERNANCE

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by BigSarah(f): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2020
That’s what I said

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by omenka(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2020
On this one, I'd support full time. The protesters are busy expending precious opportunity on making flimsy demands and taking stupid photos as though it is just some fanfare carnival.

Look at our roads.

Look at the kind of life our public officials, ministers and governors, including the president himself, are living.

Look at our public schools especially those run by the state governments.

Look at the disparity between the income of the haves and have nots.

Look at our public healthcare system.

Absolutely nothing is where it should be in this country, yet we keep shouting EndSars. Our problems are too humongous to be whittled down to just a demand about SARS. This is my greatest problem, but people feel when I post here, I'm against the protests. I simply feel hurt a great opportunity is being wasted away.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Vyzz: 8:16am On Oct 19, 2020
Very true

Yet the government still dey mumu for am...

Let's change this up...

#END_SARS_NOW is just a disguise
Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by IamWonderful: 8:19am On Oct 19, 2020
Very correct, it isn't the money that make someone corruption but the insatiable lust and love for it, the seven point agenda is better

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by dyera(m): 8:26am On Oct 19, 2020
Even the so called 7 point demand is still to vague and broad. They should narrow down their demand and make them one at a time.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by wristbangle: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2020
Way to go! SARS is little compared to the major problems at every angle of the country.

Can someone tell what is working in Nigeria? Is it security, electricity, health, education, etc? Nothing at all.

This is the time we swiftly change the momentum to restructure Nigeria. Like someone said, block the major cashflow of the country like Apapa, Lagos&Abuja Airport, shutdown government parastatals, etc. I bet the protest will gather all the momentum and the revolution we seek for will come.

9 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Karemarealty288(m): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2020
Seun you got my respect..

11 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by nabiz(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2020

10 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Ventura1: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2020
Very sane contribution, protest have very little impact on incompetency. It's not enough to protest and show nonchalant attitude to electoral process and politics, it isn't going to work, young people need to get involved and contribute intellectually to the debate on good governance.

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Ventura1: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2020
Political education should be taught at protest ground, the need to explain to young people to get their priorities right, it's a pretty long process that requires determination.

If you are a toddler as of 1999, on Nigeria's returns to democracy, there's little you can understand about the current mess, because you probably attended a private school and history has been hanked off the curriculum.

11 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Toks2008(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2020
Restructure Nigeria, nothing less.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by chamboy(m): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2020
Heads gats roll.

Why is Peter Obi boy's CSP Killar dermon still roaming the street.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by Ovokoo: 9:37am On Oct 19, 2020
Very True. I agree with him wholeheartedly. I'm also happy that more people are joining the struggle, particularly Pastors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SBF_BUmfck
Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by sanmtiago(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2020
Yes oh
Re: Seun Kuti On EndSARS: "Our Demands Are Too Weak" by slowice(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2020
I completely agree....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Shares Beautiful Cleavage-baring Pictures / DJ Cuppy Meets Wyclef Jean At Global Citizen Forum (Photos, Video) / Skales Goes Half Unclad As He Performs In Kaduna (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.