Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry (226 Views)

Gallant Soldiers Fighting Against Boko Haram (video/pictures) / Dasukigate: We Spent ₦2.2 Billion On Prayers Against Boko Haram - Adariko / Officer Returns To God After Successful Assignment Against Boko Haram - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by ogododo: 10:36am On Oct 19, 2020
Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, has declared today (Monday) as a day to pray for the return of peace to the troubled state and the defeat of Boko Haram insurgents, who have been terrorising the state for 11 years.

This is the second time the governor would be making such a declaration with the first made on Monday, February 24, 2020.

Zulum made the declaration on Saturday after separate meetings with Islamic and Christian leaders.

Zulum, in a statement after the meetings with the clerics, explained that his regular trips to the frontlines were not out of pride or to attract attention, but rather to satisfy his conscience and discharge his obligations to the people of Borno State.

The governor said, “I will like to start by once again registering our depth of eternal gratitude to the good people of Borno State for the overwhelming support and sincere goodwill our administration has been accorded in the last 17 months.

“Nothing I say here or anywhere else can best describe the extent of my gratitude to the people of Borno and many Nigerians outside Borno.

“We have been shown enormous love and support from day one till date. Above being loved and supported, the people of Borno State have proved to trust us and have faith in what we do.

“For me, one of the greatest feats a leader can attain is to earn the trust and confidence of those being led. On the other hand, the worst thing that can happen to any leader is to lose the trust and confidence of the people.”

Zulum also said one of the easiest ways all citizens could continue to help was never to associate with the insurgents, but to pass useful information to security forces and to consistently pray for our armed forces and volunteers.

He said, “Our prayers should include for those risking their lives, including humanitarian workers and those who undertake reconstruction works in the communities.

“As an outcome of today (Saturday’s) consultation, I hereby declare Monday, the 19th day of October, 2020 as a second day for state-wide fasting and prayers for peace in Borno State. I will like to request, with gratitude, that we approach the fasting with the same enthusiasm, devotion and faithfulness as we did on Monday, February 24, 2020.”

Similarly, Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State has directed emirs and other traditional rulers in the state to organise a special prayer session to seek divine intervention against banditry and other criminal activities in the state.

In a statement on Sunday, the governor’s Press Secretary, Alhaji Jamilu iliyasu, said “The governor gave the directives at the Government House, Gusau when he received the state Council of Chiefs led by its chairman/Emir of Zamfara, Alhaji Attahiru Ahmad.

“The monarchs had visited Government House to condole with the governor over the death of the state’s Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, Alhaji Ibrahim Mallaha, and former Senator Yushau Anka.

“He however insisted that there was a need for constant prayers in order to seek divine intervention.”

https://punchng.com/zulum-matawalle-call-for-fast-prayers-against-boko-haram-banditry/
Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by YoonSung30: 10:40am On Oct 19, 2020
No need jare for now, our Boko haram sponsors are busy with a bigger problem that have befallen on them, they have no time to sponsor BOKO HARAM, don't you see Boko HARAM hasn't raided since the protest started? They sponsors are scared of the protest.
Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by Fash20: 10:47am On Oct 19, 2020
Call you imagine. People that are hungry should go on hunger strike for their enemy no to kill them.

1 Like

Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by VEXT: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2020
Hahahahaha.. Funny people... They pray to Allah.Bokoharam pray to Allah also and they do the work of Allah.Allah in return, bless bokoharam with more weapons and killing skills... Which prayer will Allah answer now??

1 Like

Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2020
I been think say this prof get sense ...calling for prayer ? ...what can allah do ? He has done all he can do which is absolutely nothing
Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by UncleHaba22: 11:09am On Oct 19, 2020
D
Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by FarahAideed: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2020
Get Buhari out of the way and see how Boko Haram end s
Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:27am On Oct 19, 2020
I keep screaming, there is no good Nigerian politician, they are all useless and mostly clueless
Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by slivertongue: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2020
jobbers. both of u are fat courtesy of the treasury of the state and u want d masses to fast. sharia indeed
Re: Zulum, Matawalle Call For Fast, Prayers Against Boko Haram, Banditry by ogododo: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
slivertongue:
jobbers. both of u are fat courtesy of the treasury of the state and u want d masses to fast. sharia indeed

Make dem lead for first 100 days, I go join next year

(1) (Reply)

#endsars: Why Osun Protesters Considered Street Protest Again / Retire For Youths: Start Local Businesses Or Work Part-time / PDP Asks Buhari To Stop Killing Of #endsars Protesters Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.